Wrist bands on Royal...

I read somewhere that Royal was going to issue wristbands, kind of like Disney Magic Bands, that you would use instead of a card. Does anyone know if this has happened yet? Or possibly only on certain ships? Thanks!!!

Quantum Class and Harmony

Possibly Oasis 4

Not happy to hear they will have them on HOTS...Do you "have" to have one or can you still use your card. I'm not much for wearing this sort of thing.

Not happy to hear they will have them on HOTS...Do you "have" to have one or can you still use your card. I'm not much for wearing this sort of thing.

As far as I know, it was listed as optional

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by LilBlackDress

I thought that I wouldn't like or use one before I boarded the Quantum.

I LOVE THEM.

:)

We just returned from the Anthem this past Monday and we were not issued arm bands . we had them on Quantum last year. We asked at guest services and they wanted to charge us $4.95 a piece..No thanks just used the card.

They are entirely optional. I didn't like wearing them either - they are sweaty. I used my card.

We were on the Anthem TA, the last regular sailing where RCI provided the WOW bands at no extra charge. (I think they should have kept doing that; it's supposed to be such a high tech ship.)

We found them very useful when using the pools or the fitness center. No worry about where to keep the sea pass card. Also, we each found it much easier to open our cabin door with the band, especially if we were carrying something.

I think a major problem with the bands is that RCI has not fully committed to the technology. You still have to take the band off and hand it over to a bartender to buy a drink, or a server in a restaurant. If staff were fitted with readers (like waiters in European restaurants who have portable credit card processors), the WOW bands would be even more useful and perhaps more popular.

WOW%20band_zpsisttx0ti.jpg

We were on the Anthem TA, the last regular sailing where RCI provided the WOW bands at no extra charge. (I think they should have kept doing that; it's supposed to be such a high tech ship.)

We found them very useful when using the pools or the fitness center. No worry about where to keep the sea pass card. Also, we each found it much easier to open our cabin door with the band, especially if we were carrying something.

I think a major problem with the bands is that RCI has not fully committed to the technology. You still have to take the band off and hand it over to a bartender to buy a drink, or a server in a restaurant. If staff were fitted with readers (like waiters in European restaurants who have portable credit card processors), the WOW bands would be even more useful and perhaps more popular.

WOW%20band_zpsisttx0ti.jpg

Oh...Noooo...Now after seeing that picture I'm positive I'm not wearing this fashion accessory ..... I feel the same way about lanyards :eek:

I think a major problem with the bands is that RCI has not fully committed to the technology. You still have to take the band off and hand it over to a bartender to buy a drink, or a server in a restaurant.

I'll never wear one regardless, but that is ridiculous.......

I don't wear a watch or bracelets, I don't see where that would be comfortable for me at all. I typically have my keys on a short lanyard just so I can pull it easily out of my purse... The SeaPass is no different.

Edited by LilBlackDress

You still have to take the band off and hand it over to a bartender to buy a drink, or a server in a restaurant.

I assume you mean the roving bartenders, like at the pool. When I was on Quantum last year, the bartenders usually had a pad connected to the register & they were able to pull it over to me & hold it to my wrist.

I love the idea of the bands. But Royal has to be fully invested in the idea. Wireless terminals for bartenders is a must. I don't want to take the band off every time I want to buy something. And they should be used for getting on and off the ship.

I assume you mean the roving bartenders, like at the pool. When I was on Quantum last year, the bartenders usually had a pad connected to the register & they were able to pull it over to me & hold it to my wrist.

I meant both. In terms of actual bars and other "point of sale" places, it really seemed to depend on where we were. The bottom line though, is that you do have to take them off for some things (just as you have to hand over your sea pass card).

• 2 weeks later...
We are on Harmony this summer - I might buy one for my son to avoid the inevitable loss of the card. But we probably won't bother for the adults.

I agree. My 5 and 8 year olds would be better off having one of these as opposed to a card. I think they would prefer one of these as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We had two waiting for us in our JS suite on board Ovation of the Seas last week which were free of charge. However, they were available to purchase from GS for $4.99.

We tried them once for opening the cabin door and neither of them worked! So a trip to GS ensued and they had to be reset.

I have to admit, after that we just reverted back to our SeaPasses. We're in Disney World next November I hope we have better luck with theirs!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app