Two Specialty Dining Packages?

vedettes1

Interesting question! :) The way they usually do it, every possible combination of perks for "Pick Two" corresponds to a single pre-defined promo code, for example DRNKDINE or CHODB (if you choose UBP and SDP). Codes like DINEDINE are probably just undefined and the system won't do anything with them.

I have had "Pick Two" bookings in the past where they entered two separate codes, one for the beverage perk and one for the dining perk. But I don't think you can enter the same code multiple times and have for example CHODINE (or whatever the current code is for the dining perk) two times on the same booking.

But as BirdTravels said, you should call NCL. It's certainly within their power to set this up for you manually (I really doubt they will, though).

The value of the free dining package is around $162.84 ($69 + 18%, times 2). Free DSC is worth $189. Instead take the dining package & free DSC, then purchase the second dining package yourself. You'll come out $36 ahead. Or buy a 4-night and "break even".

The value of the free dining package is around $162.84 ($69 + 18%, times 2). Free DSC is worth $189. Instead take the dining package & free DSC, then purchase the second dining package yourself. You'll come out $36 ahead. Or buy a 4-night and "break even".

Are you sure of this. If you take the Dining Package do you not save only the USD69 for each of you? You still have to pay the 18% up front.

These days I would always take the Service Charge "Perk" over a Dining Package.

Are you sure of this. If you take the Dining Package do you not save only the USD69 for each of you? You still have to pay the 18% up front.

These days I would always take the Service Charge "Perk" over a Dining Package.

Yes, that's the retail value. The "price" of choosing the SDP is just the 18%, or $24.84.

The value of the free dining package is actually only $138 because the 18% gratuity is not given free. You have to pay that. Unlike that the free DSC is entirely free and so save you the full $189. So you actually come out $51 ahead.

Edited by Jana60

New to NCL and this is all so confusing to me. I don't know what some of these acronyms mean?

Which Acronyms?

SDP Specialty Dining Package (Food)

DSC Discretionary Service Charge (Tips)

UBP Ultimate Beverage Package (Booze)

The words in capitals in the posting from Hawkeyetlse are what you find on your "Cruise Confirmation for Reservation". They describe the "perks" that are built in to your booking.

On the Pick Your Perk program, if I can pick any two can I pick two dining packages?

The website has the following "Oceanview and Above Choose 2 or More". It doesn't state that you have to choose different ones. So, in THEORY, you should be able to pick two lots of dining.

I bet NCL will not allow it though!!! :eek: :D

Then I would pick Free DSC times 2!! :D

The website has the following "Oceanview and Above Choose 2 or More". It doesn't state that you have to choose different ones. So, in THEORY, you should be able to pick two lots of dining.

I bet NCL will not allow it though!!! :eek: :D

Then I would pick Free DSC times 2!! :D
I would ask for 3rd & 4th free, twice. With only two of us on the booking, we'd make out like bandits,

You guys are forgetting that you're asking for something that only has value if you have the ability to use it. Waiving service fees does not give you the cash value of the service fees if you don't have a service fee to wave. In the same manner waving of the cruise price for the third and fourth passenger would save you nothing if you have no 3rd or 4th passenger. Unlike this the dining package could conceivably be used twice but if it's a choice I would definitely choose the waving of the service fees and the dining package as opposed to two dining packages.