1st time for Miami

We usually stay at Embassy Suites 17th street when we sail out of Fort Lauderdale which we will be doing in March...However I also booked the Symphony of the Seas for a later date and have never sailed or stayed in Miami so want to plan ahead

Looking for a hotel similar in standards to Embassy Suite 17th street and also not far from the Port

Any advise would be appreciated

Ditto on Intercontinental...it's Holiday Inn property, so points convey...very nice place!

Actually Holiday Inn is subsidiary of Intercontinental, not the other way round. They are both part of IHG rewards which stands for Intercontinental Hotel Groups. Holiday Inn is not even close in comparison to Intercontinental.

If you are flying into FLL there is no reason you couldn't stay at Embassy and take an UBER or SAS to port in the morning.

We usually go into Miami the night before JW Marriott highly recommended (Intercontinental, Hilton nice also) but IMHO there is not that much advantage of going to Miami unless you want the experience of staying in a higher end hotel and having more fine dining readily at hand.

On our next cruise we get in a little later and will just stay at the Marriott Ren in FLL and take SAS to Miami (we like the Embassy also). Good luck.

A friend of mine seems to prefer Intercontinental as well. I'm also going to echo chisoxfan's comment. There is no reason you can't stay in Fort Lauderdale anyways. If flights are cheaper into FLL (not sure for you) and you like the Embassy Suites there....

I too love the Embassy Suites 17th Street. I like the Hampton Inn/ Brickell when cruising out of Miami and have had very good experiences. Nice shuttle to the port, close to the Metromover, really friendly staff.

Hi

When we cruise from Mia. We usually fly into FLL and shuttle over to our hotel. We have stayed at both hotels both are good. the Holiday Inn at the port was our last one . It work for us clean good service close, Bayside Market ,and shuttle or taxi to terminal, lots resturants there too. Your choice enjoy your cruise.

kruise runner:cool:

We have tried a few hotels in Miami. The Hiton was fine. We normally stay at the Intercontinental for location. It is close to the port and walkable to Bayside Marketplace for shopping and restaurants.

Another vote for the Intercontinental! It has a great view of the ships arriving in the morning and you can walk to Bayside Market for dinner.

Beth

Ditto Intercontinental....if that's too pricey, there is a Holiday Inn right across the street...also walkable to Bayside. Both give you the Holiday Inn points (or whatever they're called!) A cab is about $12 to port in the morning.