Attention: Bonnie, CBO

Welland

Bonnie: not sure who I should direct this to.

Just looking at the September 9/16 cruise on the Quest. Your website (as per attached) still shows the following: "Upon arrival in North America, you’ll have a full day in St. Anthony, Newfoundland, ideal for whale watching or taking a tour of the numerous icebergs". Sure you are aware that St. Anthony has been removed from the itinerary and replaced with St. John's.

Hope this is helpful. :-)

Just looking at the September 9/16 cruise on the Quest. Your website (as per attached) still shows the following: "Upon arrival in North America, you’ll have a full day in St. Anthony, Newfoundland, ideal for whale watching or taking a tour of the numerous icebergs". Sure you are aware that St. Anthony has been removed from the itinerary and replaced with St. John's.
In addition to that outdated description, the website also shows St. John's as a tender port, which I highly doubt. St. John's has a well protected harbour with ample docking facilities along its north and south shores for commercial vessels and cruise ships. Cruise ships typically dock alongside Harbour Drive which has easy access to the city. Quest is the only cruise ship in St. John's that day and I'd be very surprised if we didn't dock. I suspect the tender notice is left over from when the ship was supposed to call at St. Anthony which is a tender port and the website hasn't been updated.

Welland,

Not sure where you are looking, but I've just downloaded the newest Land Discoveries brochure and that is up to date.

http://browse.azamaraclubcruises.com/shoreExcursions/brochure/view.do?_ga=1.110188486.255195667.1441521095

When you go to the North American site for "Plan a Voyage" this is what comes up for the September 9, 2016 cruise on the Quest. The second paragraph on this page states St. Anthony. Great that the Lad Discovery brochures are up to date however if someone is looking at this to book they necessarily would not see the excursion brochure until after booking.

Hoping that Bonnie can have this page corrected as well.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/voyage/1473393600/15-night-london-paris-canada-voyage

-------Great that the Lad Discovery brochures are up to date however if someone is looking at this to book they necessarily would not see the excursion brochure until after booking.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/en-ca/voyage/1473393600/15-night-london-paris-canada-voyage

Uncertain if you are looking to book this voyage, if you are your only hope is a cancellation, as it has been fully booked since October 2014.

If you have booked, why not join us on the Roll Call.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2109945&page=44

Edited by upwarduk

Uncertain if you are looking to book this voyage, if you are your only hope is a cancellation, as it has been fully booked since October 2014.

If you have booked, why not join us on the Roll Call.

Thanks for the info about being booked.

Friends were looking at it a few days ago and they booked.

I will mention the roll call to them. Thanks for the heads up.

Final payment in NA was May 12 and availability has since opened up. There are currently at least 22 staterooms in several categories (OV, veranda, CC, spa) available to book by specific room number as well as GTY inside. Now mind you, the price has more than doubled since we originally booked, but space is now available!

Final payment in NA was May 12 and availability has since opened up. There are currently at least 22 staterooms in several categories (OV, veranda, CC, spa) available to book by specific room number as well as GTY inside. Now mind you, the price has more than doubled since we originally booked, but space is now available!

This is the message I get when I go on the Azamara UK site and try a dummy booking:

unable to select this cruise at the moment

Please select a different one.

Just wish I could go!

Phil

Yes Phil, I am really looking forward to this cruise and so glad we booked in Oct 2014, when we got an upgrade from inside price to balcony category. Now the inside price is £2000 more than we paid.

This is so annoying- we tried to book this cruise whilst we were on Journey in November.

In the end we booked a Med cruise for the end of August with Oceania.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll have a good time, although the Quest itinerary really appealed to us.

Go to Signal Hill. Get Screeched (the locals will explain).

Visit the geologic museum, it is very interesting, really!

Buy hand knits at Nonia (http://www.nonia.com) and support 'outport' healthcare

And, to explain there is St. John's in Newfoundland (say Newf-in-land NOT NEW-found-land) and St. John in New Brunswick so to avoid confusion many Canadians say 'newfie john'.

Party! they're good at it on 'The Rock'

When you go to the North American site for "Plan a Voyage" this is what comes up for the September 9, 2016 cruise on the Quest. The second paragraph on this page states St. Anthony. Great that the Lad Discovery brochures are up to date however if someone is looking at this to book they necessarily would not see the excursion brochure until after booking.

Hi Welland,

thanks for pointing this out. Someone just missed that in the text I assume. I'll let them know in the morning. I do see the itinerary detail is correct (except perhaps for that 'tendering' which I'll check as well.)

And I apologize for the delay in responding. I've been on a weekend road trip. I am just back to my desk now. I'll see what else I missed since Saturday!

In addition to that outdated description, the website also shows St. John's as a tender port, which I highly doubt. St. John's has a well protected harbour with ample docking facilities along its north and south shores for commercial vessels and cruise ships. Cruise ships typically dock alongside Harbour Drive which has easy access to the city. Quest is the only cruise ship in St. John's that day and I'd be very surprised if we didn't dock. I suspect the tender notice is left over from when the ship was supposed to call at St. Anthony which is a tender port and the website hasn't been updated.

You are so correct MightyQuinn! I have just had it confirmed that we will definitely be docking in St. John's. What's more, it is a maiden call!

Hi Welland,

thanks for pointing this out. Someone just missed that in the text I assume. I'll let them know in the morning. I do see the itinerary detail is correct (except perhaps for that 'tendering' which I'll check as well.)

And I apologize for the delay in responding. I've been on a weekend road trip. I am just back to my desk now. I'll see what else I missed since Saturday!

Thanks Bonnie.

Enjoy the back roads of Mexico.

The copy describing the voyage has been changed from St Anthony to St John's, and the map has been updated as well. The last bit we need to change is the word "tendered" to "docked" in the actual itinerary. Apparently this is a bit more complicated.

The copy describing the voyage has been changed from St Anthony to St John's, and the map has been updated as well. The last bit we need to change is the word "tendered" to "docked" in the actual itinerary. Apparently this is a bit more complicated.

Thanks Bonnie for having this looked after. I am quite confident that if anyone is looking at this itinerary, now seeing, St. John's, that they will realize that the ship will be docked versus tendering.

Do appreciate the timeframe in which this was corrected. :-)

Thanks Bonnie for having this looked after. I am quite confident that if anyone is looking at this itinerary, now seeing, St. John's, that they will realize that the ship will be docked versus tendering.

Do appreciate the timeframe in which this was corrected. :-)

Our website should reflect "tendered" by tomorrow.

You are so correct MightyQuinn! I have just had it confirmed that we will definitely be docking in St. John's. What's more, it is a maiden call!
Thanks Bonnie. I see the website fix is now made for docking in St. John's. How wonderful that it will be a maiden call for Quest. I know we'll get a special dockside welcome from the always friendly Newfoundlanders!