Thoughts on All-In Travel Pricing

cbr663

Effective Jan 1, 2017, All-In Travel Pricing came into affect in Ontario, Canada.

"...any representation that refers to a price shall set out the total amount that the customer will be required to pay for the travel services, including all fees, levies, service charges, surcharges, taxes and other charges."

The goal of this change is to ensure that consumers know exactly what they will be required to pay for travel services and to make it easier for consumers to compare prices.

I have noticed that some cruise companies seem to be slow adapting to this change. I am sure though that it is only a matter of time before consumer complaints ensure compliance.

What are your thoughts on All-In pricing? Is this something you would like to implemented broader?

You can find more on the new law here: http://www.tico.ca/news/advisories/654-industry-advisory-all-in-pricing-requirement-effective-january-01-2017.html

Effective Jan 1, 2017, All-In Travel Pricing came into affect in Ontario, Canada.

"...any representation that refers to a price shall set out the total amount that the customer will be required to pay for the travel services, including all fees, levies, service charges, surcharges, taxes and other charges."

The goal of this change is to ensure that consumers know exactly what they will be required to pay for travel services and to make it easier for consumers to compare prices.

I have noticed that some cruise companies seem to be slow adapting to this change. I am sure though that it is only a matter of time before consumer complaints ensure compliance.

What are your thoughts on All-In pricing? Is this something you would like to implemented broader?

You can find more on the new law here: http://www.tico.ca/news/advisories/654-industry-advisory-all-in-pricing-requirement-effective-january-01-2017.html

hi there

Prices for cruise are pretty much straight forward.

I don't believe this will change the status for what is most controversial topic on these boards and that is tips. Because it is still defined as "optional" they won't be included when you see advertised prices in Canada.

Most cruise lines make most of their money on other "optional" items. What is offered is different for each cruise line, so if you want to have a good time and not strain your pocketbook, it is still wise for new cruisers to inform themselves well before going on their first cruise.

As a previous poster stated, in the US the total price including fees and taxes has been available for many years.

So the real challenge in comparing cruise costs and value received are:

1) What are you getting for your money? Is room service always free, or do you have to pay extra late at night? Do they still have sushi on the buffet, of has it disappeared? Does my cabin have an obstructed view? What is the cost of an optional specialty steak house dinner?

2) What is the true cost and value of included perks such as beverage packages?

In the US, a class action suit over 10 years ago already decided this. You should see all fees and taxes before you book.

Huh??

So how is it that they advertise $699 pp, then you click on it and end up with $759 for taxes&sport fees? Then you stilll have the DSC which is sometimes mandatory, sometimes not and NCL adding in the service charges for their beverage and/or dining package if you get it as a 'perk'

Yes, you do see everything BEFORE you book but it's far from all in pricing for the advertised price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Huh??

So how is it that they advertise $699 pp, then you click on it and end up with $759 for taxes&sport fees? Then you stilll have the DSC which is sometimes mandatory, sometimes not and NCL adding in the service charges for their beverage and/or dining package if you get it as a 'perk'

Yes, you do see everything BEFORE you book but it's far from all in pricing for the advertised price

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You should see the $759 before you give them any money. That is "before you book".

DSC is only mandatory of one cruise line I am aware of, optional on all others. So that is not an "included fee" it is optional.

It sounds like you want to know the cost of all your drinks, excursions, etc in advance. Do you ask the price of gas and services on your car before you buy?