Gay friendly?

Two that come to mind (and their associated nicknames we bestowed upon them) were:

The 'gentleman' who bypassed the embarkation line and went straight to the front of the line. "I need to get on the ship"...he said. "Get yer sorry @** to the back of the line" the rest of us said. Somehow, he was much more important than the rest of us, I guess. The same guy who later burned out the clutch on a chartered Suzuki Justy 4x4 on our excursion in Corfu...and then told the guides "I don't know what happened...it just started smoking." Yeah, smoking after you slipped it up that hill for a mile and a half...for the rest of the cruise, he was known as 'Clutchy McLinecutter'.

Or on our last cruise...no, I better not post details...he might be on the forums and recognize himself...but let's just say the name 'Baby McGrumpypants' was applied. :D

Oh, I love our Regent cruises.

Classic.

If for no other reason than to cruise with you (or people just like you) I look forward to my next Regent experience.

Two that come to mind (and their associated nicknames we bestowed upon them) were:

The 'gentleman' who bypassed the embarkation line and went straight to the front of the line. "I need to get on the ship"...he said. "Get yer sorry @** to the back of the line" the rest of us said. Somehow, he was much more important than the rest of us, I guess. The same guy who later burned out the clutch on a chartered Suzuki Justy 4x4 on our excursion in Corfu...and then told the guides "I don't know what happened...it just started smoking." Yeah, smoking after you slipped it up that hill for a mile and a half...for the rest of the cruise, he was known as 'Clutchy McLinecutter'.

Or on our last cruise...no, I better not post details...he might be on the forums and recognize himself...but let's just say the name 'Baby McGrumpypants' was applied. :D

Oh, I love our Regent cruises.

I still like your name for the new ship Shippy McShipface. I laugh everytime I think of it. Thanks.

I still like your name for the new ship Shippy McShipface. I laugh everytime I think of it. Thanks.

I hate to admit it, but I edited Wikipedia's Regent fleet entry to say that "The name Shippy McShipface had been suggested" for the new ship. Which was actually true; I'd suggested it here before. It lasted five days before someone edited it out. :D. My wife still laughs about that...

What has any of the prior posts have anything to do with the OP's question?

Bringing this back on topic. We have never had any problems on the luxury line being a couple for 19 years. The mass market lines you do get a few red necks. Trust me you will not have a problem on Regent, Silversea, Seabourn or Crystal. Just go enjoy yourself.

Edited by Suite Travels

What has any of the prior posts have anything to do with the OP's question?

I guess we just assumed that the OP's question had been answered already and we were taking this opportunity to show what a wacky, fun-loving group typically sails Regent.

:D

Agree Bill - it is rare to be able to have some fun and laugh around here:D

I do understand that the subject is serious but hope that it was answered sufficiently. All people are accepted (as long as they don't fit the description of most of the last few posts!)

We actually had a gigolo on our last cruise! We go beyond just names...we create whole back stories!

Intersting as on my Explorer cruise we had some "gentlemen" bring their talent along for the duration.

As for a McGrumpy pants - day 2 guy arrives at the pool bar looking at his watch.

Bartender: May I help you sir

McGrumpy: I've already waited a whole 5 minutes for a beer where I was seated, I came here figuring you'd be faster

Bartender: What would you like?

McGrumpy: -Whatever beer it was-

Bartender: -pouring beer-

McGrumpy: Now I've been waiting 6 minutes...:rolleyes:

OP's question reminded me of a sweet story about Regent.

A gay couple on our Cairo - Mumbai cruise warned their young son that Regent was not a child-friendly ship.

The next day their kid confronted them with this statement: "I don't know why you said it's not child friendly. Everyone has been friendly to me.":)

As things should be.

I believe by this thread (admittedly an unscientifically small sample of opinion) we appear to have determined that the few nimrods on Regent ships tend to be "equal opportunity" nimrods...

Fred and I have 160 days on Regent with 35 more booked. We feel right at home as a gay couple. It just isn't an issue. We now have dozens of friends who we've met on Regent cruises (as well as Silversea and Crystal). Some are gay. Most are not. We are quite social. We rarely, by choice, dine alone. We become friends with people we like. Sexual orientation is simply not an issue.

Pat, lucky to have met you and Fred in 2010 on the Navigator!! Hope to cruise with you two again.

Thinking of doing a Panama Canal with Regent. We've never sailed Regent...mostly all bigger, mainstream ships. My question is, because the Regent ships are so much smaller, what is the demographics? Specifically are they gay friendly? We are looking forward to planning a cruise on a ship without the masses of people!

We haven't been on Regent yet (am considering one as a birthday present for my husband) but we have been on Oceania and Azamara, which are small ships. We have had no problems with anyone. We've made friends with both straight and gay couples. If you're only concern is demographics because of ship size, don't worry about it. You will have a great time and will feel very comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD