complained after cabin flooded in sons family room

Purdy46

Sorry this happened, but it DOES happen occasionally on all ships. It happened to us once, a port day in BoraBora with a private tour planned & paid for, only in our case it was the toilet that flooded the room, so a huge, smelly mess and we missed our tour. By the end of the day, the floor had been scrubbed and dried with huge fans, we got an apology & a bottle of wine. It was not a pleasant day, but in no way did we let it ruin our cruise.

Sons family room flooded , floor taken up, 3 days of upheaval, given £250 , not enough but son signed a form,anyway to increase as start of hol ruined,

How much "upheaval"?

What would have been "enough"?

More detail would help us decide whether there is/was a real problem and what sort of compensation might seem appropriate.

At this point, all we know is that you are annoyed.

Sons family room flooded , floor taken up, 3 days of upheaval, given £250 , not enough but son signed a form,anyway to increase as start of hol ruined,

Define in detail what upheaval you encountered before we can even think about feeling sorry for you. Did you really think that your very general post w no supporting details was going to feel sorry.

DON

I would be MAJORLY PISSED if I had to live in a wet cabin. Yes...stuff happens, but a wet floor and potential mold does NOT make for a good vacation. I'd say it's "upheaval"!

I would be upset if I had to cope with a flooded cabin with the "floor taken up" - whatever that means. I do not know how it is possible to stay in a cabin with the "floor taken up".

OP has not given sufficient information for us to start to understand the situation-- so why not wait until he provides details - and not make up

our own.