Towels?

tseitel

Hello. Another quick question. Are you allowed to take some of the ships towels with you for excursions (non NCL excursion, if that matters) ?

On RCL you could "sign out" towels, and upon returning to the ship they scanned your room card to show you had returned them. Does NCL have anything like this ? Thanks!!!

You should have a towel in your room for everyone in the room and it's yours to use wherever, including taking it ashore. Replenish by leaving it on the bathroom floor or taking it up to the kiosk on the pool deck. You can also check out a towel from said kiosk with your cabin card.

Hello. Another quick question. Are you allowed to take some of the ships towels with you for excursions (non NCL excursion, if that matters) ?

On RCL you could "sign out" towels, and upon returning to the ship they scanned your room card to show you had returned them. Does NCL have anything like this ? Thanks!!!

You will have beach towels in your room that you are responsible for. You can carry them off the ship (no signout). If you are on NCL excursion, the tickets will tell you to bring your towel with you, if needed. Depending on the port, there will be a towel exchange at the gangway. Or, just leave it on your bathroom floor and your steward will replace it during turn down.

They threaten to charge you $20 or $30 for each beach towel that is unaccounted for at the end of your cruise. I don't know if they actually do that, though, because there are stray towels around the pool deck all the time, and I don't think I have ever heard anyone complain about being charged.

But to be on the safe side, if you throw your towel in a bin, make sure to exchange it for a clean one at the same time. Or make sure there is a staff member present to record your name and cabin number.

On the Getaway last year, they had bins for your used striped towels on the pier before you got back on the ship. It was raining at one port and they even had clean towels in bins under a tent so you could exchange it out for a dry one.

I still have never been on an NCL cruise with striped beach towels, although I've seen them in photos here. LOL! We always have the light blue ones with the NCL logo.