We're on Norwegian Escape tomorrow. What do you want to know?

editor@cruisecritic

What most intrigues you about the new Norwegian Escape?  

481 members have voted

1. 1. What most intrigues you about the new Norwegian Escape?

• Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville - and the indoor/outdoor It's Five O'Clock Somewhere Bar
    • The expanded studio suites complex for solo travelers
    • The bigger-and-better ropes course and Aqua Park
    • District Brew House's Gastropub, a Miami fave from Wynwood Brewing
    • The new supper club production: For The Record Presents Dear John Hughes"
    • Norwegian's first-ever wine bar, courtesy of Michael Mondavi
    • An expanded Haven complex
    • Bayamo, from Iron Chef Jose Sarces, specializing in Latin cuisine
    • Other, please post below

Hi, no menus (yet). Mini golf course was interesting, very urban design scheme (see below). Ropes course amazing (we covered on FB, head over there), Spice H20 Grotto fantastic, on FB album, Guppies was charming. Splash Academy and Entourage were lovely. 6/7/8 Ocean Place by and large similar with a few changes (on FB album).

Waterslides: Fabulous.

Carolyn

Thank you for doing this, and enjoy your trip!

Interested in photos, if available, of:

Menus

Climbing/rappelling wall, ropes course, mini golf course

Spice H2O grotto

Splash Academy and Entourage

Guppies Nursery + info if it is complementary, hours, etc.

678 Ocean Place

Waterslides

Whatever you can get will be appreciated, thank you!:D

minigolf.jpg.0b76bcd426f4713ab7853f7c3b88c86d.jpg

Carolyn

I am so excited that you are giving us a full ship report. You are the best and I missed you during the last few NCL ship debuts. Your Epic ship report was the best ever. I was so excited I came home from work early just to watch it. You are the best and look forward to everything you have to share.

David

David, I'm blushing! But you've made my day, thanks -- I love writing them more than any other thing I do for my job.

Carolyn

Carolyn

I am so excited that you are giving us a full ship report. You are the best and I missed you during the last few NCL ship debuts. Your Epic ship report was the best ever. I was so excited I came home from work early just to watch it. You are the best and look forward to everything you have to share.

David

I only wish, catgirl. I was on the ship for three hours :) -- didn't run into any bar staff.

But -- crew was starting to board and there were some familiar faces!

Carolyn

After you've been on the ship a few days...I want to know where the friendliest and most fun bar staff are.

Did you notice if there would be anywhere to sit for us parents around the splash/kids pool area?? Or if there is room for chairs/loungers?

There didn't seem to be anywhere to sit, and I thought that was a bit odd....

Carolyn

Carolyn, you said on Facebook that this pool is definitely bigger than on GA and BA. Maybe it's just me, but this pool setup appears to be identical to those. It looks to be the same size pool, and there's nowhere to sit by theirs either.

ImageUploadedByForums1442491961.869189.jpg.8bc178560125e576e5d1577b236f210d.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

Good catch, LrgPizza -- the pool seems about the same size to me, too. What was different, and definitely seemed bigger with more stuff, was the water park part, to the right.

Carolyn

Carolyn, you said on Facebook that this pool is definitely bigger than on GA and BA. Maybe it's just me, but this pool setup appears to be identical to those. It looks to be the same size pool, and there's nowhere to sit by theirs either.

[ATTACH]362805[/ATTACH]

Edited by editor@cruisecritic

Just for the Haven's three decks. It doesn't go to the level of the sundeck (but does go to the restaurant level). It definitely is contained within the Haven's indoor-outdoor pool area so it's not out in the regular part of the ship.

Make sense?

Carolyn

Carolyn,

Thank You so much for the info you have shared.

You said Haven has its own elevator is that for just within the Haven: Deck 17 Pool, Deck 18 restaurant, Deck 19 Sundeck and hot tubs or does it go into the main part of the ship.

Good catch, LrgPizza -- the pool seems about the same size to me, too. What was different, and definitely seemed bigger with more stuff, was the water park part, to the right.

Carolyn

That part definitely looks like it has a lot more stuff. I hope it can accommodate bigger kids, too.

Yikes, Triple M! Alas, the theater was being worked on when we were there and we weren't able to see it. Was told that it's essentially the same as Breakaway and Getaway. Maybe you can let us know after your cruise?

Carolyn

are the seats in the main theater as uncomfortable as the ones are on the breakaway and getaway, they have this bar in them hard to sit for to long as in many complaints from other post and my experience from these 2 ships

It's cute! Has three different rooms, one is for cribs, but the other two are for active play. NCL seems really excited about this addition to Escape.

Carolyn

I'm with meggybear, would love to see real pics of the Guppy Nursery, as we too booked the Escape primarily due to the promise of a real dedicated nursery for children from 6 months to 3 years.

Guppies.jpg.32990df4b15c049178dcc1360e4893f6.jpg

It's cute! Has three different rooms, one is for cribs, but the other two are for active play. NCL seems really excited about this addition to Escape.

Carolyn

Thank you Carolyn

With all the changes in the past 6 months (and little to no communication about them) , I was a little afraid they had changed or eliminated this as well.

Spoilt