Help w/ Atlanta Airport

hollon

I'm worried about my flt and can't find info. on the terminals I will be arriving in to make sure I can make my flt. I'm flying from vancouver to seattle (good flt), 9:30 to 8:13 am

I'm flying from ATLANTA to TYS (Knoxville, TN)

I get to atlanta on flt. 3651 to Knoxville on flt 8:48 - I only have from 8:13 to 8:48 to catch the flt

Can anyone help with the distance that I will have to run IF the plane is on time

The next flt leaves at 10:55 and seats are still available. Should I switch or try and run FAST

Pls help

I would switch. TYS is a little airport so chances are, you are going to have to change terminals (if I remember correctly, it is usually terminal T, but it has been a while). ATL is an easy airport but you either rely on the tram or run... but you are still at the mercy of escalators. Also, I would be concerned about your bags making it. I am going off of memory since I used to live in Knoxville, so someone from ATL may have better advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Without looking at a schedule, I'd assume that the ATL-TYS flight will go out of either C or D concourse. Whoever said "T", I would believe is mistaken.

Still don't know exactly precedes that segment (go back and read the posting, OP, and see if you can repost in a clearer fashion).

If we are talking SEA-ATL, that could arrive at any of the seven concourses.

So, basically, you could arrive in many places and leave from many places.

Also, I would be concerned about your bags making it. I am going off of memory since I used to live in Knoxville, so someone from ATL may have better advice.

No guarantees of course, but ATL is actually really efficient at moving bags. The OP has a 35 minutes connect. On several occasions I've had weather delays that resulted in a 20 minute connect at ATL, pulled an OJ through the airport to get to the gate, and assumed my bags wouldn't make it but they did.

OP: Is this the original schedule you booked? Or did something change along the way? If DL made a change, you should be able to call and get moved to the later flight for no additional charge or change fee. If this is what you booked originally, you will likely be asked to pay a change fee to voluntarily make a change since it's a legal connection. You may also be asked to pay any relevant difference in fare. If you wait until 24 hours hour you can request a same-day change, which used to be just $50 but I heard it went up to $75 (not positive) but of course you run the risk of there not being available seats at that point.

Without looking at a schedule, I'd assume that the ATL-TYS flight will go out of either C or D concourse. Whoever said "T", I would believe is mistaken.

Still don't know exactly precedes that segment (go back and read the posting, OP, and see if you can repost in a clearer fashion).

If we are talking SEA-ATL, that could arrive at any of the seven concourses.

So, basically, you could arrive in many places and leave from many places.

Yes, after I reread, I wasn't clear at all

Vancouver to Seattle - 9:20 - 10:35 - am

Seattle to Atlanta - 12:10 - 8:13 pm

Atlanta to Knoxville - 8:48 - 9:45

Does this help? I guess I'm worried about the 8:13 and 8:48

the next Atlanta to Knoxville leave at 11: something

No guarantees of course, but ATL is actually really efficient at moving bags. The OP has a 35 minutes connect. On several occasions I've had weather delays that resulted in a 20 minute connect at ATL, pulled an OJ through the airport to get to the gate, and assumed my bags wouldn't make it but they did.

OP: Is this the original schedule you booked? Or did something change along the way? If DL made a change, you should be able to call and get moved to the later flight for no additional charge or change fee. If this is what you booked originally, you will likely be asked to pay a change fee to voluntarily make a change since it's a legal connection. You may also be asked to pay any relevant difference in fare. If you wait until 24 hours hour you can request a same-day change, which used to be just $50 but I heard it went up to $75 (not positive) but of course you run the risk of there not being available seats at that point.

No, Delta changed my flight - I'm thinking I'll call and get it changed, don't yall agree?

I had one of those tight connections in ATL once and called the airline. They said 30 min. was the min "legal" connection.

Personally, I don't like stress and would rebook. But IF the plane arrives on time and gets to the gate in a timely manner you should be able to make the 35 min connection. Try to sit near the front of the plane if you don't rebook

I had one of those tight connections in ATL once and called the airline. They said 30 min. was the min "legal" connection.

Personally, I don't like stress and would rebook. But IF the plane arrives on time and gets to the gate in a timely manner you should be able to make the 35 min connection. Try to sit near the front of the plane if you don't rebook

I'm so stressed! I am flying first class so I'll be up near the front. What happens if the next flt is booked, which is the last, will delta help w/ hotels? Also, has anyone flown thru MSP airport? What do you think?

If you miss your flight for a reason beyond DL's control (such as weather), they will not give you a hotel voucher. Also, the next available flight may have no seats open in F, so you'd have to accept a downgrade in cabin class.

Was stuck for several hours at MSP because of a thunderstorm. Nothing stands out as memorable or difficult there.

I'm so stressed! I am flying first class so I'll be up near the front. What happens if the next flt is booked, which is the last, will delta help w/ hotels? Also, has anyone flown thru MSP airport? What do you think?

I'm sorry you are so stressed. First of all, call Delta and request a change to the later flight. Hopefully there are still first class seats available. However, if only Economy seats remain, you could switch to one of those and ask for a refund of the difference. It's a short flight so weigh the stress of worrying about making your flight against sitting in coach, if necessary, but having more time between the flights.

As for Delta paying for a hotel if you miss your connection, they are not obligated to do so if the reason is beyond their control. However, you can always ask for help with a hotel, you might receive it or at least a discounted rate at a hotel.

Yes, after I reread, I wasn't clear at all

Vancouver to Seattle - 9:20 - 10:35 - am

Seattle to Atlanta - 12:10 - 8:13 pm

Atlanta to Knoxville - 8:48 - 9:45

No, Delta changed my flight - I'm thinking I'll call and get it changed, don't yall agree?

Yes, call them. But first check flight options and know what you'd like to be switched to before you call. Are there earlier flights to both SEA and ATL that you can switch to, and then keep your final flight with a longer connection? Or do you want to keep the first two and just change the last one to the 11-something flight you mentioned?

Yes, call them. But first check flight options and know what you'd like to be switched to before you call. Are there earlier flights to both SEA and ATL that you can switch to, and then keep your final flight with a longer connection? Or do you want to keep the first two and just change the last one to the 11-something flight you mentioned?

Havent called yet, there are earlier flights around 6 or 6:30, I just didn't want to get to the airport at 4:30 am. Plus, now, my 90 yr old mom isn't doing well and we have to put her in a nursing home on monday, hospice came yesterday, I'm not too excited about my alaska trip :(

Havent called yet, there are earlier flights around 6 or 6:30, I just didn't want to get to the airport at 4:30 am. Plus, now, my 90 yr old mom isn't doing well and we have to put her in a nursing home on monday, hospice came yesterday, I'm not too excited about my alaska trip :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Many of us have delt with similar situations and yes, it's difficult to think about traveling under these circumstances. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Many of us have delt with similar situations and yes, it's difficult to think about traveling under these circumstances. I hope all goes well for you and your family.

Thank you, hope you have a good week