Divina B1 vs B2 vs B3?

Okmyx

I booked my first cruise as part of a group through a travel agent; the second was direct with MSC. My travel agent said there was nothing she could do, so I called MSC direct. A nice young lady named Dominique was very helpful and put us in cabin 13065; our balcony had the overhang from deck 14 which gave us wonderful shade. Dominique also helped me on the second cruise first with my reservation, then with a change in cabin, and finally with an upgrade to Yacht Club at a fantastic price. Best cruise ever fir my wife and I. Give MSC a call; you have nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sailing on Divina on the 4th March in cabin 11266, are you able to give details (and any photos) for that?

Thanks

Paul

Here is a picture of a deck 10 balcony (98 sq. ft)

divina%20aft%20deck%2011.jpg

the cabin is the standard size 192 sq. ft. (168 living area ; 24 sq. ft. bathroom)

Pete

We have booked 3 side by side cabins, not connecting ,rooms (12228, 12230, &12232) on the Divina . We would like to open the balcony dividers between the 3 if possible . Is this something we could do on our own or could our cabin steward do this for us? Is this permissible? TIA

Thanks for this wonderful thread . I've learned so much !

We have booked 3 side by side cabins, not connecting ,rooms (12228, 12230, &12232) on the Divina . We would like to open the balcony dividers between the 3 if possible . Is this something we could do on our own or could our cabin steward do this for us? Is this permissible? TIA

Thanks for this wonderful thread . I've learned so much !

Just ask your cabin steward to open them for you. Enjoy your cruise on the beautiful Divina.

Looking to book A B3 cabin on Divina for 2018. It looks like deck 12 will be better due to over hang & only having cabins above.

Are there any B3 cabins that are better (due to space or location) than any other? Are there cabins I should avoid?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Forums mobile app

IMHO you should avoid the following B3 cabins as they have metal, or, half metal, balcony walls.

12003 / 12006 / 12007 / 12010 / 12011 / 12014 / 12015 / 12016

Shown in the orange box on the image.

An interesting point would be the first 2 or 3 cabins on deck 13 as the view forward will be obstructed by the flying bridge. This may be considered a bad thing by some or a good thing , by others, as it allows you watch the officers at work during docking and sailing away manoeuvres.

they are shown in the red box on the image

other than that any B3 would be a good cabin.

The overhang does not exist on the forward hump so no worries on that score.

Above deck 13 B3 cabins is the Spa, so there should be no worries on overhead noise either

B3%20CABINS.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If you are are trying to decide on particular cabins, I have a listing of every cabin onboard with the square footage of the cabin overall (plus broken down into bathroom and living space) and the balcony. Let me know if you need that info on certain ones.

Overall, I think B2 is a safe bet though some forward have steel balcony siding versus plexiglass.

Bret

We are in 11113. Will you please give us the details on that one? Thanks!

We are in 11113. Will you please give us the details on that one? Thanks!

It's a standard balcony cabin 192 sq ft (168 living area; 24 bathroom) with a 42 sq ft balcony.

it is connected to 11109 so there may be some noise issues.

As it is in recessed area there will be some reduction in the field of view and it is as close, 5 cabins away, to the hump wall is I would want to be . Any closer and I'd probably try and move.

Deck 11 cabins in the recessed area can be affected by the overhang but this should not be a great issue, and in any case some people welcome the shade and protection fro the elements the overhang gives.

Pete

• 2 months later...
Staying on the Divina, room 11132. Would love details on that! The photos I see of the general cabin type look nice. Any details on that cabin? Thanks

It is ~ 50% larger than a standard cabin

it is 284 sq ft ( 254 living area; 39 bathroom) with a balcony of 62 sq ft)

this is reported to be an image of an inside cabin on Divina

MSC-Divina-12126-4023.JPG

the balcony should be similar to this,

balconyHcabin.jpg

Pete

Thanks for that info @skier52! Does the room have a sofa bed? seems like the deck map doesn't show an icon for it. Trying to determine whether we will need the beds separated.

Couch but not sofabed, because there is no icon that shows it can hold more than 2 guests. EM

Hi Pete !

Any info on 13106 cabin ? Size of patio? Sunny? . I have two kids and a hubby sharing room .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

the cabin is 192 sq ft the balcony is 42 sq.ft.

it is definitely not in a position to get much sun as it is right below the deck 14 overhang and not far from a hump wall

your balcony will be in a similar situation as the one with the green dot

9d25fae9-7cd6-4a45-8856-c9066b38dd58.jpg

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

We are booking an Aurea Suite on Divina and are looking at Cabin #9005 and Cabin #10006 (which looks larger on the deck plan diagram). I search this thread to see if someone else requested the dimensions to no avail. So. Cruiseguyinorlando, can you please help out a neighbor (in DeLand), and provide the dimensions of each? Thank you very much. Carol

Carol,

Not a problem.

Cabin 9005 - 282 sq ft (249.2 sq ft stateroom + 32.8 sq ft bathroom) Cabin has a bathtub. No balcony.

Cabin 10006 - 284.9 sq ft (252.1 sq ft stateroom + 32.8 sq ft bathroom) Cabin has a bathtub. No balcony.

Hope this helps!

Bret

Carol,

Not a problem.

Cabin 9005 - 282 sq ft (249.2 sq ft stateroom + 32.8 sq ft bathroom) Cabin has a bathtub. No balcony.

Cabin 10006 - 284.9 sq ft (252.1 sq ft stateroom + 32.8 sq ft bathroom) Cabin has a bathtub. No balcony.

Hope this helps!

Bret

Thank you so much, Bret!!! Between the time I wrote this and now, my guy stepped-up and got us a YC suite. He chose 16001 but said 15008, 15022 and 15024 also are available and we could switch. Did he make the right choice? I'm thinking I like the side cabins and locations on 15, but I have no basis for that. Can you let me know what you think? Is any one preferable re size or location? Carol