Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

Travel agents can only go off the details given to them by MSC, the fact that they are giving wrong information will not help those who have booked what they believe are two bedroom/ two bathroom cabins.

The issue will be how MSC deal with the problem once those who have booked those cabins realise the mistake.

I just got the phone with msc. They confirmed cabin 11001-11002-11003 are indeed. Two bedroom two bath Said the square ft. Is only slightly smaller. However confirmed that deck 13 the rooms are only double occupancy. I asked them to notate my conversation on this date in case anything changes. I also advised them to visit these boards to confirm to us anxious cruisers.

I just got the phone with msc. They confirmed cabin 11001-11002-11003 are indeed. Two bedroom two bath Said the square ft. Is only slightly smaller. However confirmed that deck 13 the rooms are only double occupancy. I asked them to notate my conversation on this date in case anything changes. I also advised them to visit these boards to confirm to us anxious cruisers.

Check out their US website page. They still have the typo 1101 for 11001, but it is only one of three that are 2br/2ba, all others (11 of them) are 1br/1ba. Deck 14 side facing GS are the two person cabins.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx

Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with a balcony and a separate sitting area
  • Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
  • Surface approximately 344 - 527 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 226 sq. ft.
  • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites)
  • 2 bedrooms/2bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 1101, 12001 and 14001)
  • Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests
  • Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee)

*Queen bed can be converted to two single beds on request. Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category).

On a side note. I find the specific wording interesting in the 2br/2ba version it notes the queen bed in bedroom one can be split into two singles yet the second bedroom is described as two single beds. It seems to me they are trying to say there is no way to make the second bedroom into a queen - as shown in the picture. Anyone ask MSC this question yet?

Ate ... We have been saying for some time that only the centre GS cabins have 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms!

So anyone with a GS other than those in the centre are going to be disappointed if they booked thinking they would have the 2+2 configuration.

Here are the details from the UK website which shows a centre GS Graphic but the wording is for the rest of the outer GS suites.

Note the small print at the end.

GRAND SUITE

• Double bed which can be converted into two single beds (on request)
  • Air conditioning. Large wardrobe. Bathroom with bathtub. Interactive TV. Telephone. Wifi connection available (for a fee). Mini bar and safe
  • Surface approx 58 sq.m. Suites with spacious balcony (21 sq.m.). Can comfortably accommodate up to 5 people.
  • In addition to the Grand Suite amenities, the Wellness Grand Suites are equipped with Technogym Kinesis, the stylish designed machine for working out in the comfort of your suite.

Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same cabin category).

The image is representative only.

Ate ... We have been saying for some time that only the centre GS cabins have 2 bathrooms and 2 bedrooms!

So anyone with a GS other than those in the centre are going to be disappointed if they booked thinking they would have the 2+2 configuration...

Note the small print at the end.

I've been involved with the 2br discussion for a while now. I really thought MSC would find a way to keep the all the GS (except sides of deck 14) as 2br, especially seeing how many were already booked with that expectation. Unfortunately I don't expect any notification to previously booked passengers, primarily based on the small print at the bottom on both sites. It's strange that the first indications of the 1br design were with the floor plan picture change when booking on the UK site while US site still showed 2br picture, but now it's only the US site that has the changed description verifying which three cabins have 2br and now there are no floor plan pictures when booking. Note that not all center GS are 2br, just three of them - 11001, 12001 and 14001 thus leaving 9001, 10001 and 13001 as one bedroom.

Why can't the MSC US site and the MSC UK site publish the same information. They are both selling the same ship cabins and cannot seem to agree on what the true layout is. Who is incharge for the overall sales, marketing and what is presented to the public about the product they are selling. That person or people need to take another look at the info the two major sales locations, UK and US are putting out there and fix it once and for all.

Not that long ago, I think it was Ate or Sidari that shared an image from the UK site of what the side GS cabins may look like. While it seemed as a possible representation of the cabin, it could not be right after seeing were the entry door is located and the balcony. To me it did not fit with the deck plan layout.

I think another possible reason why the side GS cabins are not 2bd/2bath is that the square footage may be miss-leading. Think about it, the whole front and part of the sides are slanted. How much of that area in and around the slanted section is "usable". At least nothing tall or high will be located directly in those areas.

While I am ok with the GS we have, even though I have no idea what the true layout will be, I sympathize and feel bad for/with those that were given wrong information and made a booking based on that.

I have never booked a cruise with any Cruise Line and within 7 months of sailing still had no idea of what my cabin looks like.

• MSC USA website updated description for grand suite. see below. I think it is clear now.
  • https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx
  • Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with a balcony and a separate sitting area
    • Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
    • Surface approximately 344 - 527 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 226 sq. ft.
    • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites)
    • 2 bedrooms/2bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 1101, 12001 and 14001)
    • Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests
    • Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee)

I can't seem to find this info on their page, have they removed it?

. It seems to me they are trying to say there is no way to make the second bedroom into a queen - as shown in the picture. Anyone ask MSC this question yet?

According to one source (cruisedeckplans), the two smaller beds can be combined into one larger one. That makes sense but there is so much information out there, it's difficult to fully trust anyone (including MSC) until actual people sail.

"...a second bedroom with two twins that can be joined as double."

It's strange that only MSC Cruises USA have this "info" (just 3 cabins have the 2 bed/2 bath layout), cause not even MSC Crociere Italia have this in their website. Well, we are traveling in 10001 and we need 2 bed/2 bath because we are 2 adult couples. I have all the print screens of the Italian Website and the Brazilian Website (the one from which i bought). It's already all prepaied, so if arrive in the ship and there is no 2 bed/2 bath it's better they be prepaired for listening some not very polite words. I am ready to have a nice and healthy discussion with these gentlemens. I am not gonna sleep for 21 days in a sofa bed at the living room if they are selling me 2 rooms with BEDS!

It's just the same thing if you buy a 2 bed/2 bath condo and when you arrive you discover that it's just a Kitchenette, come on... "Oh we are very sorry Sir, but the blueprints were incorrect, it's not our fault if you created an expectation above our misleading information".

Cruise deck plans use the plans supplied by MSC and the generic sizes for the rooms.

Yes, i know. That's why i made prints from their official website, not the generic "cruisedeckplan.com". Especially the booking deckplan suplied by them (in their own website) when i made the booking... ALL they shows 2 bed/ 2 bath. This is not an easy fix situtation for them.

Yes, i know. That's why i made prints from their official website, not the generic "cruisedeckplan.com". Especially the booking deckplan suplied by them (in their own website) when i made the booking... ALL they shows 2 bed/ 2 bath. This is not an easy fix situtation for them.

Unfortunately the Italian website also has some print at the bottom, overall a little more obscure than the US site:

Un piccolo numero di cabine ha un letto doppio, due letti singoli e due bagni

https://www.msccrociere.it/it-it/Informazioni-Crociera/Navi-Da-Crociera/MSC-Seaside/Cabine-E-Suite.aspx

ETA: I see the Brazilian site is missing that line.

https://www.msccruzeiros.com.br/pt-br/Descubra-MSC/Navios/MSC-Seaside/Cabine-E-Suites.aspx

Edited by Até

... Well, we are traveling in 10001 and we need 2 bed/2 bath because we are 2 adult couples. I have all the print screens of the Italian Website and the Brazilian Website (the one from which i bought). It's already all prepaied, so if arrive in the ship and there is no 2 bed/2 bath it's better they be prepaired for listening some not very polite words. I am ready to have a nice and healthy discussion with these gentlemens. I am not gonna sleep for 21 days in a sofa bed at the living room if they are selling me 2 rooms with BEDS!...

I totally understand and agree with your situation, in fact that is why I decided to postpone booking a GS so far. I will also be traveling with another adult couple. Unfortunately that has led to me not having a booking on the sailings I was interested in, and now all the GS are currently fully booked. It will be extremely difficult to now get one of those three 2br/2ba cabins, those lucky enough to get the actual 2br cabins are unlikely to cancel.

For your sailing I don't think you should wait until sailing to see what you get. I don't think there will be any satisfactory resolution at that point. I hope MSC will settle this before final payment and hopefully will send notification out to passengers booked in these cabins prior to this "information release". Hopefully. Luckily you are aware of the situation and can start thinking about other arrangements if the sofa bed is unacceptable. There are still a few interesting separated, but nearby cabin choices available for your sailing, I suspect more may come available as payment comes due. I suggest you contact MSC now and see if they will start working on a resolution to this problem that may be beneficial to you.

Unfortunately the Italian website also has some print at the bottom, overall a little more obscure than the US site:

Un piccolo numero di cabine ha un letto doppio, due letti singoli e due bagni

https://www.msccrociere.it/it-it/Informazioni-Crociera/Navi-Da-Crociera/MSC-Seaside/Cabine-E-Suite.aspx

ETA: I see the Brazilian site is missing that line.

https://www.msccruzeiros.com.br/pt-br/Descubra-MSC/Navios/MSC-Seaside/Cabine-E-Suites.aspx

You are correct Até, altough all the cabins blueprints and renderings (in every MSC website) just shows the 2/2 layout. When you make an ad and put a image, of course there could be smaller differences like square footage and decoration, but simply sell an image of 2/2 and in reality it is 1/1 seems that the seller is acting with ill intent.

The "selling point" of these cabins is the 2/2 factor, i bet that vast majority of the passengers who bought this category was because of the rendering and the blueprint. If not, the average consumer could just buy the ones with the Jacuzzis on the balcony because it has a better price.

Well, for sure there will be a part that will not agree with these points, but for me is quite clear that they made an inexcusable mistake (thecnical and advertising issues) or are acting in bad faith, inducing the passenger to think that a full category have that layout, but instead just 3 cabins have it... So, if in 14 just 3 have it, it would be the right thing to show the layout of the 11 ones that have 1/1.

If they were fair with us since from the start, there would not exist this thread.

I totally understand and agree with your situation, in fact that is why I decided to postpone booking a GS so far. I will also be traveling with another adult couple. Unfortunately that has led to me not having a booking on the sailings I was interested in, and now all the GS are currently fully booked. It will be extremely difficult to now get one of those three 2br/2ba cabins, those lucky enough to get the actual 2br cabins are unlikely to cancel.

For your sailing I don't think you should wait until sailing to see what you get. I don't think there will be any satisfactory resolution at that point. I hope MSC will settle this before final payment and hopefully will send notification out to passengers booked in these cabins prior to this "information release". Hopefully. Luckily you are aware of the situation and can start thinking about other arrangements if the sofa bed is unacceptable. There are still a few interesting separated, but nearby cabin choices available for your sailing, I suspect more may come available as payment comes due. I suggest you contact MSC now and see if they will start working on a resolution to this problem that may be beneficial to you.

The problem is that when i contacted MSC Brazil they assured that the cabins are 2/2, and the differences they have it's because of the size, just that.

We already made the full payment, buyed the airplane tickets, hotels, made our vacation schedule at work, so cancel it's not a viable option for now. I assume that since MSC Brazil is a little bit "away" from these technical issues, they will keep saying that all the cabins are 2/2, just like their website does.

Well, since it will be the first cruise, there will be no cruise friend to confirm thath :( If you don't have time issues, wait for the firsts cruises to confirm all these informations, if not, maybe it's better to book 2 cabins to be safe.

The problem is that MSC sales staff only have the same info we have and anyone asking about the 2+2 GS will get told that all of the GS cabins are the same! not their fault of course. I would not be waiting until I got to the ship to find out that the GS cabin cannot accommodate the people with me because it is likely you will not be sailing anywhere else on the ship.

MSC have so far failed to add Deck 19 to their deck plans despite it having been made available, I would be amazed if they come up with anything soon regarding the right deck plans and cabin sizes.

This situation is especially frustrating for me since I practically begged MSC to allow me to book 12001 for 5. They insisted 12001 only accommodates 4 and that only 13001 could accommodate 5. I almost booked 12001 for 4 with the intention of adding a fifth person. In retrospect, I should have.

Terribly disappointed here, I booked a year ago a Grand Suite for 4 with the understanding it would be 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Quite the attractive price for the 12/23/17 sailing since I had booked so early . I called and confirmed my suite 11002 does not have 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and the ones that have are booked completely. Going forward a year , the 12/22/18 sailing has one available for $3,000 more than what I paid for this . I will not be choosing that option and perhaps just cancelling all together and getting my deposit returned. I asked for some help in just getting 2 suites and they would not accommodate . I may try again

Do these room configurations apply to the Seaview as well? I assumed they did, but I'm holding out hope that they will include more 2 bedroom 2 bath units on the Seaview, especially after receiving so much negative feedback on the Seaside. Being promised a two bedroom and receiving a one bedroom will be a big disappointment. I asked my travel agent to request we be given some sort of onboard credit as a compensation in light of being told more then once we would be receiving a two bedroom cabin.

... I'm holding out hope that they will include more 2 bedroom 2 bath units on the Seaview... I asked my travel agent to request we be given some sort of onboard credit as a compensation in light of being told more then once we would be receiving a two bedroom cabin.

I hope that as well. Best of luck, hopefully MSC will start making some effort to compensate those that booked with less than accurate information.

I realize that this thread was started concerning the Seaside, but I have been following along because I am booked on the Seaview for next year. There is not a lot of information out yet about the Seaview, but the trouble with the Auria Suites caught my eye.

My sister is my travel agent and she called MSC for me today. She said she was on the phone for twenty minutes while they researched my concerns. We were told that the Seaside and the Seaview are "sister" ships but they are not "twin" sisters and that my cabin (9001) will indeed be a two bedroom two bath. We got the name of the person we spoke to and (jokingly) said we would be expecting a nice onboard credit if they didn't deliver.