Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

May I ask why you changed - did someone confirm to you it was not a 2/2 or you did it out of concern? If we have to make other arrangements I'd rather do it now and not onboard a sold out cruise. But I would hope they'd honor the booked price for any changes that have to be made...

I had been reading reading some conflicting information on CC. I called MSC directly and explained my concerns with the 1 & 2 bedroom Suiteson the US & UK sites. The Rep was able to access the UK site and found that they were indeed different. I was able to find 2 Aurea Balconies together but we had to take a hit on our wallets. My TA transferred all the same amenities to the new cabins. My new confirmation now shows an additional $100 OBC and another line which reads VIP. I called MSC again (TA was away) and they said the code meant Sparkling Wine. I haven't received a confirmation as to whether my TA or MSC added this but if that is my confirmation, it is not acceptable.

Which is why I don't cruise with DCL. I also prefer the Mediterranean spirit of MSC. For $10k, I prefer to go directly to Europe which we did the past two summers and spent 2-3 weeks there each time. A better value for our money. But to each his own.

But back to the thread and Aurea Grand Suites - our TA updated us that our suites do not look like 2/2 after all. Only 11, 12, and 14001 are 2/2 as specified on the MSC US website since earlier this week. So for now, we're keeping the 1/1 GS and hoping to see that it's laid out with a modicum of privacy. Luckily we're not cruising until next summer so we can wait to see photos once the Seaside is finished. We also managed to find a Super Family Stateroom for next summer so booked that one as well - just in case. Happy Cruising everyone!

For you to accommodate your family on DCLwpuld be over $10k. I think msc is an exceptional value

Ok been watching this thread as we have booked 12001 and 13001 next year

We booked on the basis of two separate bedrooms plus dining/living area

Rang TA who confirmed this was the case

Rang MSC uk they confirmed this yesterday

Also emailed so I had something in writing and here you go

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm the Grand Suites do have two separate bedrooms and two bathrooms. Please

find a screenshot of the grand suites floor plan attached.

Kind Regards

Chantel Isaac

-----Original Message-----

Subject: Grand Suites MSC Seaside

Please confirm that the state rooms booked 12001 and 13001 have 2 separate bedrooms 2 bathrooms and seating areas as there seems to be a lot of talk on the internet that this isn't the case

your very early advices would be appreciated

Also emailed so I had something in writing...

Could you email MSC UK and ask which GS do NOT have 2br/2ba.

According to their site, a small number of the GS have 2br/2ba so which ones don't?

If they can't specifically answer which ones do and which ones don't, their information is probably just a repeat of old information. If they claim that all of the center GS have 2br/2ba and the port/starboard ones don't (it's possible), that would be interesting if nothing else.

I'm glad you got something in writing! This contradicts the website this week and what my TA was told this week - that only 11,12,14001 are 2/2.

When we contacted them for clarification they told us the above and said they'd be happy to refund us if we'd like to cancel our bookings in 9001 and 13001.

Ok been watching this thread as we have booked 12001 and 13001 next year

We booked on the basis of two separate bedrooms plus dining/living area

Rang TA who confirmed this was the case

Also emailed so I had something in writing and here you go

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us.

I can confirm the Grand Suites do have two separate bedrooms and two bathrooms. Please

find a screenshot of the grand suites floor plan attached.

Kind Regards

Chantel Isaac

-----Original Message-----

Subject: Grand Suites MSC Seaside

Please confirm that the state rooms booked 12001 and 13001 have 2 separate bedrooms 2 bathrooms and seating areas as there seems to be a lot of talk on the internet that this isn't the case

your very early advices would be appreciated

Wychypoo ... I wrote to one of the Supervisors two days ago at the UK office asking about the info from the USA site, added below ... this was the answer I had back ... Hi Mr Dave

I will send to my inventory department to check

Thanks.

For now I would not take the reply you had as gospel with regard to the GS.

• 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites, Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests)
  • 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 11001, 12001 and 14001)

These one bedroom GS remind me of the Family Suites NCL put in place of the Spinnaker Lounge on the Dawn class ships. One large cabin with curtains to divide the main bed from a murphy bed and sofa couch. At least the GS have a side balcony, NCL can barely sell their few Family suites with balcony. The majority, without a balcony, are usually dumped through upsell bidding. I wonder how well the 1br GS will sell once word gets out. I think they will have to be priced better to get families with young kids to move up from an OV or balcony.

I am in touch with a supervisor that asked me to email her with my concerns and with my suggestions on what I would like the outcome to be. She is aware of the problem and wants to work with me to resolve it.

My suggestions are in order of preference. Move us to a middle 2 bed cabin. There are 2 available on our cruise. Move us to a middle large 1 bed cabin. Move us to one of the larger corner GS cabins and upgrade us to YC benefits. Move us to a rear facing wrap around balcony suite and upgrade us to YC benefits. Upgrade us to a YC suite and cancel all daily charges for the 14 nights. (I am still reluctant on this one as these suites are really small.)

This was all sent over a week ago and she replied that she will look at it and respond in the near future.

TBH I can see them saying tough, you can either keep what you have or here's your deposit back.

They told me they'd be happy to refund my deposit if I'd like to cancel my booking. Hope you have better results!

I am in touch with a supervisor that asked me to email her with my concerns and with my suggestions on what I would like the outcome to be. She is aware of the problem and wants to work with me to resolve it.

My suggestions are in order of preference. Move us to a middle 2 bed cabin. There are 2 available on our cruise. Move us to a middle large 1 bed cabin. Move us to one of the larger corner GS cabins and upgrade us to YC benefits. Move us to a rear facing wrap around balcony suite and upgrade us to YC benefits. Upgrade us to a YC suite and cancel all daily charges for the 14 nights. (I am still reluctant on this one as these suites are really small.)

This was all sent over a week ago and she replied that she will look at it and respond in the near future.

TBH I can see them saying tough, you can either keep what you have or here's your deposit back.

this is such a nightmare! I just got off the phone with the USA number and they confirmed yet again and said the UK is misinformed that they only 2 bed/2bath are 14,12,11.....

Our TA spoke to a supervisor over a year ago and had the same room numbers with 2b/2b. I have no doubt this is correct

Anyone know if the 1 bed/1 bath GS has a door separating the bedroom from the sitting area?? I define 1 bedroom as a suite with a bedroom layout rather than a studio layout. This was our main concern when we upgraded from Balcony room to GS, thinking we were getting a 2 bed/2 bath like it showed online - we wanted the 2nd bedroom to keep kids away from us so we'd have privacy.

I'm being told the room we have - # 10001 has no divider or door separating the bedroom from the sitting area. Sounds more like a larger Balcony suite, still a studio layout. So what's the point in upgrading from Balcony - doesn't sound like the GS adds any additional privacy.:confused::o Wondering what everyone else was told about the 1 bed/1 bath.

I have booked 9001 on seaview and my ta has said they are sister ships not twins. He says it's 2bed/2 bath too. I'm not yo bothered as it's 2adults and 3 kids but I'm wondering where the Pullman would be? Over the sofa bed or in the 1 bedroom?

Would it definately be 1 bedroom at least and not just one large room? It's so confusing but I'm glad I found this thread over arriving onboard to find out. We also booked the s2 next door for 3 adults, also hoping this is as big as it looks. Time will tell

Juicy ... With the way things are going you are not likely to know until you actually board the ship, MSC are also using Bunk beds but again no idea of which cabins they will be in.

As you will have noticed MSC are very backward at coming forward.

I booked 9001 on Seaside under the assumption that it was a 2/2. I also have 3 kids, but 2 of them are 16 (boy/girl step-siblings) and a 12 year old. So 1/1 is not what we were looking for. But now I'm being told 9001 is a 1/1. We're keeping the booking just in case it miraculously turns into a 2/2 but we're going to wait until December when we finally know something definitively, as Sidari said above.

I have booked 9001 on seaview and my ta has said they are sister ships not twins. He says it's 2bed/2 bath too. I'm not yo bothered as it's 2adults and 3 kids but I'm wondering where the Pullman would be? Over the sofa bed or in the 1 bedroom?

Would it definately be 1 bedroom at least and not just one large room? It's so confusing but I'm glad I found this thread over arriving onboard to find out. We also booked the s2 next door for 3 adults, also hoping this is as big as it looks. Time will tell

I was told the exact same thing about 9001on the Seaview. My sister is my TA and I'm becoming a nightmare client to her lol because I've told her all about these posts and the controversy. She called again and was told same thing that at least on the SEAVIEW 9001 is confirmed two bedroom two bath. Only time will tell. My sister is keeping track of her calls and who she speaks to for whatever good that might do

I was told the exact same thing about 9001on the Seaview. My sister is my TA and I'm becoming a nightmare client to her lol because I've told her all about these posts and the controversy. She called again and was told same thing that at least on the SEAVIEW 9001 is confirmed two bedroom two bath. Only time will tell. My sister is keeping track of her calls and who she speaks to for whatever good that might do

My advice is patience. December will be here soon and posts of all cabins and categories will be flooding the internet

My advice is patience. December will be here soon and posts of all cabins and categories will be flooding the internet

Always good advice to be patient. The problem is that cabin choices are becoming slimmer and slimmer. We actually selected the 2 bedroom grand suite because the family cabins were already sold out.

Always good advice to be patient. The problem is that cabin choices are becoming slimmer and slimmer. We actually selected the 2 bedroom grand suite because the family cabins were already sold out.

Wow. Amazing how everything is selling out and the ship is not even finished yet. My understanding thru my TA is that there are only 3 two bedrooms. The rest of the GS are 1 bedroom

Edited by Spunky1968
Spelling

Had a call from MSC UK today about an unrelated issue, I asked how my request for information on the number of GS 2+2 was going and the answer was that they are still waiting for a response from their Inventory team !

It seems that they are still waiting for information on location and number of Family cabins on the Meraviglia, does not bode well for a reply.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been searching the boards to see if anyone is having a similar problem to mine.

We are trying to book 5 passengers in a Grand Suite (SE3) on the Seaside for Feb. 2018. When I attempt to do a mock booking on the MSC web site, only 13001 shows as an option. When I attempt to do a mock booking on my TA's web site, I see staterooms on other decks available (11001, 12001, ...). My TA has called MSC and they tell him that the only stateroom on the SHIP (not just for that specific sailing) that can accommodate 5 is 13001. This does not make sense to me because 13001 appears to be smaller than the staterooms on the other decks. Also, the deck plan shows similar bedding on the other decks for 11001, 12001, and 14001.

Originally, we wanted one of the side SE3 suites (11002 or 11003). From the deck plans, it appears that those suites differ from the middle ones in that the side suites don't have a bunk. So, does this mean that the side ones won't accommodate 5?

I know the ship is not built yet, but does anyone know which suites can accommodate 5 on the Seaside? Also, I have read that the balconies on the middle suites (on existing ships) feel like a "fish bowl" in that you really can't see anything but the sky. Will this be the same on the Seaside? Again, I realize that no one has experienced these rooms yet. Just looking for opinions from some of those that have been following the construction!

We had just booked cabin 14002 on MSC Seaview for NOvember 2018. The room size is stated as being 30 square metres....this is half the size of the typical 58 square metres advertised on their website for Grand Suite cabins. Furthermore, after I telephoned MSC UK they confirmed the room size is 30 sqm and has a balcony of only 9 square metres as the front part of the balcony is covered by metal. The MSC Sales staff would only repeat their disclaimer that room sizes may vary for the grand suite type. My argument was that cabin 14002 at half the size, with less than half the balcony and only being possible to accommodate two people and not the '5 people easily' as promoted by MSC.

I have emailed my complaint to MSC - as advised by MSC UK - as they could not take any action to review my booking or take into account I think I have been missold an inferior product that is not what was being advertised.

THis would have been our first cruise with MSC - we were travelling with four other couples for a special birthday - now, we can't see how we can go as the room does not meet our needs. Will update once I have received a reply from MSC

• 2 weeks later...

I booked the 10001 cabin after being told over and over...... it was 2/2. by a MSC rep. I found out that was not a 2/2, contacted MSC for compensation. Then they offered 2 small adjoining rooms as compensation. I told them " that's not what I booked and that's not acceptable" They said they'd get back to me and see what they could do. After a week of ignoring me, I cancelled my cruise with them! They tried so hard to not reveal the truth about the "not so Grand" Suite. In my opinion, they were not being truthful. They have a lot to learn about SERVICE. Especially if they want the U.S. market! I will never trust that company and never cruise with them. Their prices are low for a reason and I'm not willing to chance it. But that's just my opinion!