Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

2 x 2 plus a sofa bed is what I see on the plans...

It depends on which country's website you look at. UK site changed to show the side GS as one bedroom/one bath with a double couch in the living room.

Friends of ours just booked a GS Wellness suite (not the middle) for March 2018 thru MSC direct with one of their agents. They were also told it would be a 2 bed/2 bath and they just booked last week. I have left several vm and sent emails to my MSC agent about this for my cabin and he has not responded. So, I am hoping he is just busy and not avoiding my question, lol!

Glad I came across this thread. My family is booked in 13002 for the March 31,18 sailing. Going to be very upset if what I have booked expecting to be a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom stateroom turns out to be 1 bedroom/1 bathroom. My teenage children will not want to sleep together on a sofa bed, nor did I expect to pay this amount of money for those type of sleeping arrangements. Guess I'll look for a backup vacation plan. Was really looking forward to this cruise. Very frustrating.

I agree with you. I booked the Grand Suite instead of two cabins based on the 2 bedroom 2 bathroom representation.

If you look at the posts from the Interior Seaside Rendering thread I posted pictures of a few GS from both the US & UK sites. The conversation starts a few posts before the below link where we were discussing the aft Aurea suites and continues on for a few more with pictures showing the discrepancy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52728497#post52728497

• 1 month later...

Ok I need help, I booked 12003 today as the description clearly said it was a 2 bedroom 2 bath suite. Can anyone confirm anything yet?? This is right off the site!

Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one bathtub, one shower), a balcony and a separate sitting area
  • Each suite is equipped with a queen bed* (bedroom 1), two single beds (bedroom 2), spacious wardrobes in each room and an additional pullman bed

It clearly said EACH suite has two bedrooms. Help!!!

We are still waiting for a confirmed answer here. My booked description states 2br 2 bathroom and I'm on deck 11

We have 12003 booked, I have a contact at MSC USA I am communicating with now, they are checking as of 5 minutes ago, I will let you know what they say.

We have 12003 booked, I have a contact at MSC USA I am communicating with now, they are checking as of 5 minutes ago, I will let you know what they say.

We have this cabin booked as well. When I talked to my contact at MSC, he assured me it was still going to be a 2-bedroom, 2 bath suite. I'm still skeptical, however. Awaiting what you find out! :)

• MSC USA website updated description for grand suite. see below. I think it is clear now.
  • https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx
  • Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with a balcony and a separate sitting area
    • Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
    • Surface approximately 344 - 527 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 226 sq. ft.
    • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites)
    • 2 bedrooms/2bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 1101, 12001 and 14001)
    • Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests
    • Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee)

MSC USA website updated description for grand suite. see below. I think it is clear now.

Well, that is going to make a lot of people mad. Since they state eleven cabins are 1br/1ba that means 9001, 10001 and 13001 are also out of the 2br/2ba category as well as all port and starboard.

• MSC USA website updated description for grand suite. see below. I think it is clear now.
  • https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Cabin-And-Suites.aspx
  • Grand Suite

• Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
    • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites)
    • 2 bedrooms/2bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 1101, 12001 and 14001)

Thanks for sharing this update. It's definitely a lot more clear now. Why they didn't have this info out earlier is really bad.

Well, that is going to make a lot of people mad. Since they state eleven cabins are 1br/1ba that means 9001, 10001 and 13001 are also out of the 2br/2ba category as well as all port and starboard.

According to the deck plan, 9001, 10001 and 13001 are the smallest of the center GS. And I agree with you that many people will be disappointed and upset.

According to the deck plan, 9001, 10001 and 13001 are the smallest of the center GS. And I agree with you that many people will be disappointed and upset.

Consider me one of the people that is upset by this news. Especially since I just talked to my contact at MSC yesterday and he made it seem like I didn't know what I was talking about. I'll be on the phone with them first thing in the morning.

Thanks again for all the updates on this thread. :)

• Grand Suite

Count me in as another very upset customer. I fought with them (MSC) for weeks to get 12001 for a party of 5. It was available at the time. They told me for weeks that 12001 only sleeps 4 and that I could only book 13001 for a party of 5. Now, 12001 is no longer available.

Edited by houseofduck

"Consider me one of the people that is upset by this news. Especially since I just talked to my contact at MSC yesterday and he made it seem like I didn't know what I was talking about. I'll be on the phone with them first thing in the morning."

Niquein99 ... Do not be surprised at anything you are told because the MSC agents in the USA know less than those in the UK mainly because they have been selling MSC cruises for a much shorter time, when booking first opened for Seaside I was discussing our booking and the sales person was trying to tell me that the ship was being built in the USA! it was only when I told her that I have a friend who was working on building it in Italy that she accepted she was wrong.

Well at least my source got it fixed.

Sounds like it's a little too late for some!

This is not going to do MSC's reputation much good - especially in the US where customers are more demanding (rightly so, too). Consider the number of people who don't access this forum and are still in the dark in relation to what they've actually booked. What a mess!

Sounds like it's a little too late for some!

This is not going to do MSC's reputation much good - especially in the US where customers are more demanding (rightly so, too). Consider the number of people who don't access this forum and are still in the dark in relation to what they've actually booked. What a mess!

I agree 100% I ended up moving to a Suite with the spa on the balcony, hope there is a really a spa on the balcony.

I agree 100% I ended up moving to a Suite with the spa on the balcony, hope there is a really a spa on the balcony.

LOL .......... let's hope so! I feel your disappointment - it puts a bit of a damper on it to discover you're not going to get what you've so looked forward to. I hope everything else goes smoothly for you and that the new suite will more than make up for it!

I'm on the Seaview not the Seaside but I assume the same facts apply. I'm booked in 9001 sailing out of Barcelona next year. I've questioned my travel agent and she assured me it was a two bedroom so now I'm really worried. We went with the Grand Suite because we were told the family suites were sold out for our sailing. Without the two bedroom configuration we would have definitely purchased two cabins. I will request to be put on a waiting list for a 2 bedroom if need be. Just want to get what I paid for.

We have 14001 booked over new years picked that cabin based on deck plan being the largest. n

Now i find out its the smallest, not happy. On the bright side at least Instill have a 2 bedroom not like the corner suites