Problems booking Seaside in category SE3 - Aurea Grand Suite

houseofduck

Cabin 14001 is a Center GS and not a corner GS. It does indeed have a forward facing balcony. Look at those same Google images again but focus on the center GS Also, find the renderings for the center GS Cabins. By the way, the corner GS cabins have a balcony (yes steel) as well as a forward facing Porthole.

I wouldn't be too quick to cancel because 14001 definitely has a balcony and these suites were probably priced pretty good when you booked.

Sorry typo we are in 14003

And the photos I have seen yesterday make it look like there is no balcony to the front, just the porthole with blue steel full height and to the side is the balcony of 14005

I'm booked in 9001 for next summer and I was assured that it's a 2/2. We have 2 adults and 3 children going so it's the only way we'll fit!

Hopefully, this stateroom is still 2&2. We originally booked a GS and had to change to 2 aura balconies because the info was incorrect. We were told we would be compensated for the inconvenience. Still waiting.

OK I've been on the UK site and it still says that all the GS are 2 bed. Now if I put in 2 pax it blanks out the middle suites and gives me only options for sides. If I put in 5 pax it opens up the middle suites on floor 9 and 10 which show as available for our sailing dates. I'm going to phone them now and get them to change our room, I'll report back

We are booked in suite 14001 corner GS end of next year. I have just found pictures of the outside or these suites and the corners have NO BALCONY.

Google images of the ship, just this month there is quite clear photos showing the front. There is steel covering the front with a porthole in it. It's not even a suite, it's an outside cabin.

I'll be phoning them tomorrow to cancel our 14 night cruise and be expecting my deposit back.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Looking at this post there is a side balcony. we are in the cabin right under the large bridge?

Wow, gotta get that changed pronto

Please do let us know, and good luck!

The same happened to me...when I put in 5 pax, the middle 01 suites opened up and showed as 2/2.

OK I've been on the UK site and it still says that all the GS are 2 bed. Now if I put in 2 pax it blanks out the middle suites and gives me only options for sides. If I put in 5 pax it opens up the middle suites on floor 9 and 10 which show as available for our sailing dates. I'm going to phone them now and get them to change our room, I'll report back

I'm booked in 9001 for next summer and I was assured that it's a 2/2. We have 2 adults and 3 children going so it's the only way we'll fit!

It would be great if the MSC agents had the same information as what is now posted on the website. Currently only 11001, 12001 and 14001 are 2br/2bath. All others are 1br/1bath. 14002 & 14003 only sleep two, all others sleep five. The 1br/1bath versions will have a queen in the bedroom, with a double sofa and pullman in the living area.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Staterooms-And-Suites.aspx

Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with a balcony and a separate sitting area
  • Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
  • Surface approximately 344 - 527 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 226 sq. ft.
  • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites, Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests)
  • 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 11001, 12001 and 14001)
  • Wi-Fi connection available (for a fee)

My travel agent assured us that the website has not been updated to reflect that 9001 and 13001 are also 2 br/2 bath. When I tried to enter the booking for 5 passengers, it gave me 9001 as an option. There's no way 5 can fit in a 1 br. And even if we could, there's 0 privacy. That's not reasonable and nothing I would book with full knowledge.

So yes...I agree with others who have stated that if we get onboard and find out there's only 1 room - there's going to be a huge problem. Fortunately for us we'll find out months before our trip, but what a disappointment it will be.

I'll be watching anxiously!

It would be great if the MSC agents had the same information as what is now posted on the website. Currently only 11001, 12001 and 14001 are 2br/2bath. All others are 1br/1bath. 14002 & 14003 only sleep two, all others sleep five. The 1br/1bath versions will have a queen in the bedroom, with a double sofa and pullman in the living area.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Staterooms-And-Suites.aspx

Grand Suite

• Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
  • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (11 suites, Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests)
  • 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (Suites 11001, 12001 and 14001)

Grand Suite

Apparently 10001 is a 2 bed as well. Made a dummy booking for 5 pax and it opened up that suite to book.

Right - and it specifically shows and says 2 br/2bath when you make your selection. That's not open to interpretation. That's 2 bedrooms.

A 1 br that accommodates 5 is not an option for us.

Apparently 10001 is a 2 bed as well. Made a dummy booking for 5 pax and it opened up that suite to book.

So 1 hour 20 minutes after picking up the phone to call them. Ended up speaking to a supervisor, she is reading material that wasn't available when I made my booking, which is making this kind of hard. She says "only a small proportion of cabins have 2 beds/baths."

"The system will not open up the 2 beds if only 2 people are going to occupy the room."

I told her to look at the U.K. site, follow me as we go through, number of people, etc. Click on the next page, choose what experience you want, then click over the different cabin types, get to Suite seaside Aurea, and....... she says "Oh it does show the floor plan of a 2 bed 2 bath with total floor space of 58 sq. mtrs with a balcony of 21 mtrs." Thank you. "But" she then says "if you click on the next page and look at the description it say total area is 32 mtrs with a 9 mtr balcony." But that's been added later is my reply.

Upshot is she wants me to screenshot all this and tell them what I want and what they are prepared to do. (The first agent outright refused to switch me to a centre 2 bed)

I'm not sure what to think of this, other than they're just not entirely sure and to document it. But then what?? That's the big question.

Looking at deck plans on the MSC US site, floors 9 -14 show the same symbols for the 01 suites. 2 pullman beds and a sofa bed. As long as they're in 2 bedrooms, I'll be happy.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside/Deckplan.aspx

So 1 hour 20 minutes after picking up the phone to call them. Ended up speaking to a supervisor, she is reading material that wasn't available when I made my booking, which is making this kind of hard. She says "only a small proportion of cabins have 2 beds/baths."

"The system will not open up the 2 beds if only 2 people are going to occupy the room."

I told her to look at the U.K. site, follow me as we go through, number of people, etc. Click on the next page, choose what experience you want, then click over the different cabin types, get to Suite seaside Aurea, and....... she says "Oh it does show the floor plan of a 2 bed 2 bath with total floor space of 58 sq. mtrs with a balcony of 21 mtrs." Thank you. "But" she then says "if you click on the next page and look at the description it say total area is 32 mtrs with a 9 mtr balcony." But that's been added later is my reply.

Upshot is she wants me to screenshot all this and tell them what I want and what they are prepared to do. (The first agent outright refused to switch me to a centre 2 bed)

...There's no way 5 can fit in a 1 br. And even if we could, there's 0 privacy. That's not reasonable and nothing I would book with full knowledge...

I've also seen ocean views that hold five and I agree I would book neither. I wanted to book a GS for two adult couples and ran into this problem a while back after seeing inconsistencies between the US & UK sites. We'll just have to see how this works out for those booked on early sailings. But now after waiting for this issue to be resolved and seeing recent first sailings Meraviglia reviews I'm pretty sure I will now only consider two YC, which is booked solid for the dates I wanted.

It contradicts the US site's cabin descriptions but would be great. I'm worried it might just mean there is an extra pullman on the wall. Deck 9, 10 and 13 center GS are smaller cabins, but maybe they decided to squeeze in a divider wall and another bath to keep from having to relocate a bunch of unhappy bookings. I still won't book one for my group until I know more.

MSC USA have removed pictures and diagrams of the 2 + 2 Grand Suite from their website:

MSC UK have disabled the MSC Seaside website for now:

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Seaside.aspx

Well, probably they are reading this forum. If you did not took your print screen you can do it in others website, like MSC Italia.

Let's see what they are planing now.

guys ... This has been posted a number of times now, only the Centre GS from Deck 9 to 14 are the 2+2 configuration.

The UK site now shows all 6 of these cabin as having 3rd and 4th beds as bunks and a single sofa bed, the 3rd and 4th will be single beds.

Only these cabins will have the added centre vestibule as per the artist impression of the cabins.

I have previously posted this article before so take a look and you will get an idea of the balconies on the outside GS suites..

At this point, I wouldn't put much faith in that having 2 br.

5 people could easily just be 2 on sofabed, 1 on pullman, 2 in queen bed.

Yes of course. (y)

And that is going to be their get out when a family of 5 show up in a side GS. One double bed, 2 sofa beds and a pullman, there you go folks, enjoy.

I see now the UK site doesn't say the GS is a 1 or 2 bedroom, it just says there is a double bed.

The US site says there is a separate sitting area.

guys ... This has been posted a number of times now, only the Centre GS from Deck 9 to 14 are the 2+2 configuration.

The UK site now shows all 6 of these cabin as having 3rd and 4th beds as bunks and a single sofa bed, the 3rd and 4th will be single beds.

Only these cabins will have the added centre vestibule as per the artist impression of the cabins.

I have previously posted this article before so take a look and you will get an idea of the balconies on the outside GS suites.

My bold.

That's where the problem is, when I booked 3 months ago it didn't show this, and with so many people now saying they were under the impression that the end suites were 2 beds as well, I think it's safe to say a goodly proportion of those booking thought the same thing.

I had the choice of which floor we wanted to be on, I chose 14 because I was under the impression they were all 2 beds and I like being high, unbeknownst to me the suite I chose was the smallest of the GSs'.

Now would I have booked this if I had all the proper info to hand?

The UK site now shows all 6 of these cabin as having 3rd and 4th beds as bunks and a single sofa bed, the 3rd and 4th will be single beds...

I'm not sure all the center GS are going to be 2br/2bath, that is what we are discussing based on the US cabin description stating only 11001, 12001 and 14001 will be. So you think they will make a smaller separate bedroom with two pullman or bunk beds for 9001, 10001 and 13001? Possible. It doesn't explain why US site changed to list them as 1br/1bath, as they fall into the group of 11 cabins listed as such. It is more descriptive than the UK site and plainly states eleven are 1br/1bath, three are 2br/2bath.

I'm not sure all the center GS are going to be 2br/2bath, that is what we are discussing based on the US cabin description stating only 11001, 12001 and 14001 will be. So you think they will make a smaller separate bedroom with two pullman or bunk beds for 9001, 10001 and 13001? Possible. It doesn't explain why US site changed to list them as 1br/1bath, as they fall into the group of 11 cabins listed as such. It is more descriptive than the UK site and plainly states eleven are 1br/1bath, three are 2br/2bath.

I agree with Até

The UK site states "A small number of cabins offer one double bed, two single beds and two bathrooms." I don't believe that all 6 "001" GS will be 2br/2ba....I don't believe anything at this point. :o

The most specific info is on the US site that lists...

Eleven 1br/1br + Two "different" GS*

9001, 10001, 10002, 10003, 11002, 11003, 12002, 12003, 13001, 13002, 13003, 14002*, 14003*

Three 2br/2ba

11001, 12001, 14001

*Sleep only 2 people

Even if all 6 "001" are 2br/2ba, there will potentially be 8 angry groups per sailing.....for months or years. :(

The most specific info is on the US site that lists...

All well and good but is it right ? No one knows for sure ! just glad we booked an Aurea suite on the Aft and not a GS at the front.

I've also seen ocean views that hold five and I agree I would book neither. I wanted to book a GS for two adult couples and ran into this problem a while back after seeing inconsistencies between the US & UK sites. We'll just have to see how this works out for those booked on early sailings. But now after waiting for this issue to be resolved and seeing recent first sailings Meraviglia reviews I'm pretty sure I will now only consider two YC, which is booked solid for the dates I wanted.

It contradicts the US site's cabin descriptions but would be great. I'm worried it might just mean there is an extra pullman on the wall. Deck 9, 10 and 13 center GS are smaller cabins, but maybe they decided to squeeze in a divider wall and another bath to keep from having to relocate a bunch of unhappy bookings. I still won't book one for my group until I know more.

This is why I have an awesome travel agent. We have room 13002 booked for April sailing. It's a one bedroom.

This is why I have an awesome travel agent. We have room 13002 booked for April sailing. It's a one bedroom.

Not nessesaeraly, the description on the UK site says there is a double bed, no mention of it being in a room, while the US site says there is a separate sitting area.

Make of that as you will

Not nessesaeraly, the description on the UK site says there is a double bed, no mention of it being in a room, while the US site says there is a separate sitting area.

Make of that as you will

Do not forget that they are using Generic descriptions for all the GS cabins! hence the UK site saying there are a small number of cabins that are 2+2.

MSC have a sh*t storm to clear up and at the minute they appear to be ignoring it and possibly allowing the Customer services people on the ship to take the flack which is totally wrong. It would be no good people taking it out on them because they are not responsible for the bookings and cannot do anything once you board the ship.

If you have booked what you believe to be a 2+2 and it likely will not be, now is the time to do something about it.