Odd things to pack!

Victoria '82

Just packing for our next adventure and it made me wonder if we were the only ones to take our own pillows onto the ship. We like ours quite firm and the ones onboard don't do it for us. We have done this for many years and the cabin steward changes the slips as normal throughout the cruise. So folks, what odd items do you take to supplement your enjoyment, apart from booze.

Just packing for our next adventure and it made me wonder if we were the only ones to take our own pillows onto the ship. We like ours quite firm and the ones onboard don't do it for us. We have done this for many years and the cabin steward changes the slips as normal throughout the cruise. So folks' date=' what odd items do you take to supplement your enjoyment, apart from booze.[/quote']

2 miniature teddy bears - Mr and Mrs T Bear. They've been everywhere with us for 20 years or more. You can just make out their silhouette on our photo by our name :D

Just packing for our next adventure and it made me wonder if we were the only ones to take our own pillows onto the ship. We like ours quite firm and the ones onboard don't do it for us. We have done this for many years and the cabin steward changes the slips as normal throughout the cruise. So folks' date=' what odd items do you take to supplement your enjoyment, apart from booze.[/quote']

I haver seen people disembarking with their own pillows..I wonder if it was you........cant remember when now...

what do we take Lifeboat Ted....he is from the RNLI and has travelled with us on each cruise to protect us..

Having said that he does like it if we have a cabin with choccies and bottle of drink on embarkation...,(probably could not protect us on the first sea day!)sulks if he does not get that.

Last year was joined by Arcadia Ted..he is not so good at protecting us.

Mr Blue Sky prints off from Google Maps route of cruise can take up to

three A4 Sheets for a 14 nighter and pops on the cabin wall, Myself has

to be my own Coffee Whitener for the first cup of coffee in the morning

those UHT things Uuck.. on the balcony bliss :)

Mrs Blue Sky

We also take at least 2 teddy bears - small red one in white jumper, and a teddy back pack (named Davey) who comes out on trips. You'll recognise him by the pin badges he's got all over his duffle coat from the places's he's been!

Other than that - anti-bac wipes to clean the cabin when we first arrive and a small xmas tree and tinsel for Christmas cruises.

Wow, lots of teddy bears .. does anyone remember the couple who used to take large gollywogs (can I say that) and take the 2 of them down to the MDR and sat them around the table each night .. spooky. I used to take a kite with me and fly it off the stern of the old Victoria, did it on a number of cruises until the Captain asked me not to .. stinker!!

Ordinary laundry pegs - v. useful for sealing packets of biscuits etc. I use them for sealing things in the freezer at home as well.

Pint (if you're a Europhile, there is doubtless a metric equivalent) of milk to shove in the cabin 'fridge. Further supplies obtained from the buffet and stored in the plastic milk container. UHT milk should be illegal.

Weird, I know.:D

Love all the teddy bear talk -- I thought we were the only ones who were totally potty, but now know why the staff never seem to be amazed when they see our furry friends on board ;-)

Mr and Mrs T Bear always enjoy the Great British Sailaway ;);):D

P8100132.jpg.40faca878537d60016d14b6d5f53c0b8.jpg

Edited by Presto2

I took my Thomson Miles bear (like the one in the advert only MUCH smaller!) on my last cruise where he was joined by an Oceana bear :)

10ogxw4.jpg

It is good to see that we aren't the only ones to line the bears up for a photo in the cabin. On Celebrity the cabin stewards would always make a towel animal for them to play with !!!

Hopefully one day all the bears can meet up !!! :D:D:D

Edited by Presto2

Every cruise I've been on I've taken my cuddly toy duck, which I've had since I was 12. The cabin stewards normally tuck him in to bed lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I always pack an extension lead so I have access to more plug sockets as I find there isn't enough in the cabin for all my electricals.

I also take some small speakers so I can have my mp3 player on whilst I get ready for dinner.

After my Britannia cruise recently whereby I found the pillows in the cabins too soft, I may consider taking a pillow from my own bed...

I like firm pillows not soft pillows

Does anybody know if its possible to ask the cabin steward for firmer pillows ?...

On Aurora Pacific odyssey in 2011 the captain was asked and arranged a teddy bear tea party during a sea day. jelly cake and icecream in the morning.

And I bet the teddy bears didn't come with just the children ----- :D:D

After my Britannia cruise recently whereby I found the pillows in the cabins too soft, I may consider taking a pillow from my own bed...

I like firm pillows not soft pillows

Does anybody know if its possible to ask the cabin steward for firmer pillows ?...

Hi Cruisefan 2012 - the answer is yes. Tried this a year or so ago and they were not that firm so continue to take our own on. Might have changed now of course and may be different from ship to ship. Nothing like your own pillow though!!

111 P&O cruises - 12 in pipeline