Room On the Back of the Ship

kyleg2949

Anybody ever stayed on the back of the ship? Like literally on the back. We have an oceanview on the 5th deck, pretty much in the middle of the ship on the back. We did a guarantee and this is where we ended up. Just wondering what people's opinions were on this.

We actually seek these cabins out. The balconies are larger than the side facing ones. Plus, for us, sitting there looking at the blues in the water as you churn through the seas is mesmerizing.

We have done several on Royal Caribbean, but our first Carnival aft is in January - we're excited for it.

We had an ocean view room on the very back of the Inspiration a decade or so ago. It was very bumpy & we got seasick. We didn't cruise for years because of that & have gotten rooms mid-ship since then. You may not. Others will disagree. However, this was our experience.

Yes. Carnival Elation.

Your cabin will be deeper by a foot or so than a side facing OV. The window ledge is big enough to sit in.

There will be a vibration while underway. Think if it as a freebie, hotels require you to put a quarter in the machine, lol.

Worst part, while docking the thrusters will be used.

We had an aft balcony on the Miracle and loved it. I tried to get one on our upcoming Sunshine, but they were sold out. It was a little hot out there when we were sailing back and had the afternoon sun, but never too hot to enjoy the balcony. I would take another one in a heartbeat.

We love aft balconies, have had several and have another in January. Always book cabin on deck between decks so no noise or scrapping. Never had any problems with soot or anything else, well once some water from windows being washed a couple decks up. It can get warm though since you don't get as much wind as on the side.

Wife and I loved our AFT balcony on the Valor in May. No issues with noise or vibration. Huge balcony and the view is amazing! Also hall traffic is eliminated with only people from those cabins to deal with. However, it does make for some long walks from the back of the ship. Loved it and we will do another AFT someday.

I reserve the cabins for our family cruises. On the Fantasy class ships, my brother and his wife request the aft-facing, OV cabins. They love those rooms.

If we do OV on Fantasy class ships, we like the Empress rooms forward of the atrium (under the shops for less noise).

Edited by The4Cruisers

yeah I have... no probs with vibrations from the propellors for me... Couple of positives... elevator drops you off right in the buffet area, and also to the aft bar :D

Anybody ever stayed on the back of the ship? Like literally on the back. We have an oceanview on the 5th deck, pretty much in the middle of the ship on the back. We did a guarantee and this is where we ended up. Just wondering what people's opinions were on this.