Pot brownies in Seattle?

mamasylvia

First, let me make it clear I am NOT trying to break the law. DH thinks that marijuana has been legalized in Washington. If he is wrong, please let me know.

Assuming he is correct, how would we find a place to pick up a brownie or two? DH wants to try it and since we are flying in the day before, that night would be a perfect time. (It would NOT come on the cruise with us, so no issue about whether that would be legal or not.)

We will be staying near the airport so will try to find something near there.

International Blvd in front of the airport is one of the many names for old US-99 and since moving to WA we've made it a game to spot and count pot shops and have taken to calling Hwy 99 "the Great Green Way". Some really creative names on some of them.

One caution on edibles if you do choose to "experiment" (and it sounds like a novice experiment)... edibles can take a long time to show an effect (an hour or so) and it is far too easy to be inclined to ingest some more. Consult the budtender at whatever store and follow their guidance closely.

> edibles can take a long time to show an effect (an hour or so)

Thanks. That won't be a problem but I do want him to be over the effects by the next morning. (He got so loopy from Ambien that i plan to have my voice recorder running as evidence if he does decide to try pot! lol)

• 2 weeks later...
> edibles can take a long time to show an effect (an hour or so)

Thanks. That won't be a problem but I do want him to be over the effects by the next morning. (He got so loopy from Ambien that i plan to have my voice recorder running as evidence if he does decide to try pot! lol)

Honest opinion: if he's never tried weed at all, he'd probably be better off vaping for his first go. Easier to take one hit, wait a few, then take another if necessary, then the guesswork of eating and waiting and waiting. And edible highs are usually longer-lasting than highs from smoking or vaping, so if he decides he's not having a good time, it'll be over sooner.

I don't smoke pot, just curious, if it is legal in Washington state, can the passenger bring it on the cruise ship when it is docked in Seattle?

Just want my children to stay away from 2nd hand smoke of pot.

It is still against the law on the Federal level, so, no, it can't be taken on a cruise ship legally.

All of the cruise lines include marijuana in their prohibited items lists and since this is part of the cruise policies (hence contract) then can invoke whatever actions they deem necessary.

For example Holland America Line includes:

• All illegal drugs, including medications without proper prescriptions. This includes legal intoxicant synthetic or “designer” drugs also known as “Legal Highs” such as Lysergamides, Opioids, Methoxetamine, Synthetic Cannabis, Betel Nuts or Kava (Cava).
  • Medical Marijuana

This is then backed up by section 11 of their Cruise Contract:

You shall be responsible for complying with the requirements of all immigration, port, health, customs, and police authorities, and all other laws and regulations of each country or state from or to which You will travel, as well as this Cruise Contract. You must at all times obey all the rules, regulations and orders of the Ship, Carrier and the Captain. You shall not solicit other Guests for commercial purposes or advertise goods or services without Carrier's prior written permission. You may be disembarked without liability for refund, payment, compensation or credit of any kind if You or any Guest for whom You are responsible violate any of these requirements, and agree to assume and/or reimburse Carrier for any expenses or fines that may be incurred as a result of such noncompliance.

All of the lines have similar language (red highlight mine).

• 2 months later...
I don't smoke pot, just curious, if it is legal in Washington state, can the passenger bring it on the cruise ship when it is docked in Seattle?

Just want my children to stay away from 2nd hand smoke of pot.

It is also illegal to smoke it in public so it should not be an issue when sightseeing in Seattle.

International Blvd in front of the airport is one of the many names for old US-99 and since moving to WA we've made it a game to spot and count pot shops and have taken to calling Hwy 99 "the Great Green Way". Some really creative names on some of them.

I would be curious how the numbers compare to Lake City Way (SR22) There is one section about a mile long with at least 8 shops.

Pot is still illegal everywhere in the United States but the state of Washington has made it legal which in terms of federal law is irrelevant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/richardkestenbaum/2017/05/02/the-new-federal-budget-protects-medical-marijuana/amp/

Maybe.

Legal in Alaska now too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

there is no maybe it is illegal by federal law in the entirety of the Unites States. You should have read your link before you posted it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

It’s just a matter of time before the Fed’s legalize Pot, it’s all about money. The tax revenue collected by the state of Washington on Pot sales far exceeds the tax collected on the sale of liquor, beer and wine.

The tax revenue collected by the state of Washington on Pot sales far exceeds the tax collected on the sale of liquor, beer and wine.

Which either means the pot taxes are a LOT because the alcohol tax rates are so high or the alcohol rates are so high that people can't afford to buy much and that revenue is lower. At 50% tax rate alcohol is pretty steep.

there is no maybe it is illegal by federal law in the entirety of the Unites States. You should have read your link before you posted it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction

It really makes no difference if it’s still illegal by federal law. Millions of people smoke it and have been for decades, and those numbers are increasing. The only difference is that now, you can actually easily purchase it in several states. Over half of all the US States have some form of legalization.

But yes, you’re correct.

Municipalities and counties in Washington state can prohibit marijuana-based business, although the State Liquor and Cannabis Board has final authority. (For instance, in the small suburban city outside Seattle where I live, there are no marijuana-based businesses).

There are plenty of regulations involving the use and sale of marijuana in Washington state (duh, it's government):

http://mrsc.org/Home/Explore-Topics/Legal/Regulation/Marijuana-Regulation-in-Washington-State.aspx

Just a word about Pot brownies that was told to us in Amsterdam where everything is legal and available. It's easy to OD on pot brownies because it works differently than smoking weed. You're stuffing your face with brownies thinking I don't feel anything and then BAM!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums