Booking Flights out of Papeete after Marina cruise

caviargal

Just some thoughts.

I assume that the Oceania flight is a charter? If so, they would wait if there are any delays. The AF flight would not wait for you.Sounds like you have made up your mind - I hope all works out well. :)

I was thinking the same. Oceania charters planes for this cruise for those using Oceania air. If it is a charter then they will hold the plane. A scheduled airline will not. I would have a private car service waiting for me to take you to the airport which is not far.

If that "great flight" is on Air Tahiti Nui, you are in store for a very uncomfortable flight. First clue will be seeing a back pillow at each economy seat.

Tell me about Air Tahiti Nui? We have this airline booked to leave Papettee for Los Angeles in February.

If that "great flight" is on Air Tahiti Nui, you are in store for a very uncomfortable flight. First clue will be seeing a back pillow at each economy seat.

Tell me about Air Tahiti Nui? We have this airline booked to leave Papettee for Los Angeles in February.

Can't remember the make/model of the plane. However, it was relatively new.

Air Tahiti Nui economy seats were extremely uncomfortable due to poor padding (which is why there was a loose (matching fabric) lumbar pillow at each seat).

Interestingly, there was also no overhead controls for airflow.

Flight attendants were inattentive at best.

From talking to others, best way back is to fly Air France (actual Air France and not a "code share."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hot, no A/C, no lounges, long lines.

I would find out the consequences of possibly missing the flight.

Again, if all goes well, you should be OK but what if the ship is 1 hour or more late arriving (due to weather or whatever).

Too close for my comfort - YMMV.

Incorrect - there is a business class lounge at Papeete.......

Jane Cambridge,

I used this airline when I flew from LA to Papettee with Paul Gaugin a few years ago. You will survive the flight. Most important is to get a day room prior and if late flight, after.

Can't remember the make/model of the plane. However, it was relatively new.

Air Tahiti Nui economy seats were extremely uncomfortable due to poor padding (which is why there was a loose (matching fabric) lumbar pillow at each seat).

Interestingly, there was also no overhead controls for airflow.

Flight attendants were inattentive at best.

From talking to others, best way back is to fly Air France (actual Air France and not a "code share."

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really find it no worse than AA or Delta or pretty much any other Economy class. Service is hit or miss. They change outfits a lot. If they cut down on the fashion show and focused more on the passenger it'd be better.

Yes, it looks like there is also a Priority Pass lounge.

Yes - it appears that there is a lounge. We flew TN business some years ago; apparently the lounge did not leave a lasting impression on me :D

Unlike the overnight flight in their business class with reclining seats instead of flat beds.

That said - like portofinoitaly suggested, we survived it :D

The lounge is upstairs, not air conditioned as of Feb 2017 but it was quiet and pleasant.

Maybe that is why I suppressed that memory :D. No A/C in a lounge in the summer in that climate is inexplicable - I do remember being very hot and sweaty at the airport.