Honeymoon Registry?

corey07850

So we have a wedding planned for next September and as we already have a house full of the standard crock pots, blenders, sheets, and towels we would looking into a registry for the honeymoon where our friends and family can "give" us experiences on the honeymoon. We narrowed our trip to the "Venice Overnight" sailing but as best we can tell Celebrity doesnt offer a honeymoon registry... Does anyone know if that's correct or if there are any solutions?

I know Carnival does this but that is the last line we will be on :) There are also some third party generic sites that could be programmed to do this but we would prefer to keep it all under the oversight of Celebrity if possible

Any advice is appreciated!

On the home page of the celebrity website look at the small print down at the bottom and you'll see Gifts....they can send you OBC, or wine or other stuff.

I think this is the best advice. With OBC, they can buy specialty dinners, wine, drinks, spa treatments, pictures, shore excursions. The only downside is if they have very generous friends and relatives they could end up with more OBC than they could use! (a problem I would love to have:D)

You can register privately through http://www.honeyfund.com/. It confused some people, but then people can give you the money so you can pay for the trip. Happy honeymoon!

I think a site like this is what we will end up going with as you can include other things like the cost of airlines etc. it's really a shame that other than Carnival none of the major lines seem to have a honeymoon feature.

On another note, one of the other itineraries (labeled 12 night Istanbul overnight) seems to indicate that day 1 of the cruise you board in Venice but don't actually leave until day 2. Is this the case? If so we would love this as we could travel in that morning and essentially have a "hotel" in Venice for the night.

For those that used a honeymoon fund, what did your relatives think about it? I'm a little bit nervous to do one of these because I'm not sure how people will respond. Where I live it's customary to have a bridal shower where we receive presents that we can open and a wedding where we (mostly) receive cash/checks.

For those that used a honeymoon fund, what did your relatives think about it? I'm a little bit nervous to do one of these because I'm not sure how people will respond. Where I live it's customary to have a bridal shower where we receive presents that we can open and a wedding where we (mostly) receive cash/checks.

I haven't had my shower yet, but I can report back once I do :)

We used one of these for our wedding. People were very good about getting us things off the list. We tried to make the prices vary so there was something everyone could afford. We also only registered for our honeymoon and specifically asked us people not to buy us other stuff that we honestly didn't need. For the most part I think it was successful. Either people purchased something off our honeymoon registry or gave us money at the wedding. We only got one person go totally rogue on us. :D

It worked okay... As I said, some people were confused, so I would for sure do the paypal payments. Then they will pay you. Because some people will not understand when they are supposed to pay you the money- with the paypal, they can just do it... :)

• 4 years later...

At first we were really worried about asking for money, but most of our guest were excited to find out what we were going on a cruise for our honeymoon and that they could help fund our adventure, weather it was a cocktail on board or pay for one of the excursions.

We used a honeymoon registry site flyustothemoon.com which was free and really easy to setup.

Not sure how Fly us to the Moon compares to honeyfund but you could setup payments via bank transfer, your paypal and cash. I think a lot of the older guest got confused by PayPal - so I think its best to give a few options.

All the best in planning!

I just had my first experience gifting a bride and groom through Honeyfund. Being "old school" myself, I initially found it odd, but realized this is a different generation. The couple makes a wish list of things they want to do, and there's a cost per unit. For example, if the couple wants to have a spa day and the total cost is $250, that amount will be divided into ten $25.00 units. You can decide to give one unit (or more). It was easy to pay for with a credit card or use PayPal. I do miss the days of brides registering for silver flatware and china, but brides today are just different.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At first we were really worried about asking for money, but most of our guest were excited to find out what we were going on a cruise for our honeymoon and that they could help fund our adventure, weather it was a cocktail on board or pay for one of the excursions.

We used a honeymoon registry site flyustothemoon.com which was free and really easy to setup.

Not sure how Fly us to the Moon compares to honeyfund but you could setup payments via bank transfer, your paypal and cash. I think a lot of the older guest got confused by PayPal - so I think its best to give a few options.

All the best in planning!

You know that this thread was started in 2013 and your post is the first one since then? Much of the information is now outdated.

And be careful with these "Fund ME" sites, as they all charge a good size commission for their use. We tried setting up a charitable one for hurricane relief, but then realized they charged 5% commission on all money collected plus a 2.9% transaction fee for every donation