Question about what Carnival provides (Noobie question)

teknoge3k

Hi! My wife and I are taking our first cruise with the kids at the end of May. I have read on here to pack lightly so I intend on taking every bit of advise I read on here. It's going to be 4 of us going, and I read Carnival supplies soap/shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste. Do they supply ample amount for everyone, and does anyone know what brand they use? Do they have body wash or bar soap?

Also, in the restaurants, do they have A1 steak sauce? I know these are crazy questions but I can't find the answers. We're huge steak eaters but don't eat steak without our A1 (yea, it's that good LOL)

Finally, the tea. Now, I live in the south (not Florida) so everyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon knows that we like SWEET tea. We don't like raspberry crap or 2 packets of Sweet & Low. We like SWEET tea. To properly make a glass of tea in the south, you fill a cup with sugar and add a few drops of tea to it. (IN the north they add a cup of tea and add a few granules of sugar to it, and in Florida they drink raspberry crap lol) SO... Any southerners have any input on the sweet tea on the boat?

Again, I know these are silly questions but we've never been cruising before so I am trying to know what to expect. TYIA!

+tek

Wow..I like the questions! I have never seen "Sweet Tea" aboard any ship. It is unsweetened and you can make it as sweet as you want.

I did have A1 in the Steakhouse so you can get your fix.

I always get a balcony room and the only thing that is supplied is shampoo and body wash. Do not know what brand as it is in a dispenser in the shower but you can bet it's not salon worthy. So bring your own conditioner, toothpaste and if you don't like body wash, soap.

I like body wash so that's good. I'll tell the boss to bring her own conditioner, and we'll bring our own toothpaste. I am glad to know they have A1. Also thanks for the heads up on the tea. It looks like we may be getting the endles bubbles package. lol

That's the way I do my tea too. LOL.... from the peach state. We will be on Victory at the end of May. We are newbies too. Great questions, as I have a daughter that eats A1 with everything meat.

Yep, when I lived in Atlanta and Commerce, Jawjuh had good tea as well. But once you get to DC and points north, it's horrible.

Shampoo yes, no conditioner. It says conditioning shampoo....but if I just use that I won't be able to brush my hair.

You will have body wash as well as round bar soap. You will also need to pack toothpaste.

Can't answer the A1 question, sorry.

The tea comes unsweetened and no flavoring. Sometimes the tea is way strong and needs to be diluted with ice water :)

Hi! My wife and I are taking our first cruise with the kids at the end of May. I have read on here to pack lightly so I intend on taking every bit of advise I read on here. It's going to be 4 of us going, and I read Carnival supplies soap/shampoo/conditioner/toothpaste. Do they supply ample amount for everyone, and does anyone know what brand they use? Do they have body wash or bar soap?

Also, in the restaurants, do they have A1 steak sauce? I know these are crazy questions but I can't find the answers. We're huge steak eaters but don't eat steak without our A1 (yea, it's that good LOL)

Finally, the tea. Now, I live in the south (not Florida) so everyone who lives south of the Mason-Dixon knows that we like SWEET tea. We don't like raspberry crap or 2 packets of Sweet & Low. We like SWEET tea. To properly make a glass of tea in the south, you fill a cup with sugar and add a few drops of tea to it. (IN the north they add a cup of tea and add a few granules of sugar to it, and in Florida they drink raspberry crap lol) SO... Any southerners have any input on the sweet tea on the boat?

Again, I know these are silly questions but we've never been cruising before so I am trying to know what to expect. TYIA!

+tek

Edited by tkportersat

hi there

As far as packing light...most people just pack more clothes and shoes than they really need. It really depends on your situation. If you are flying you are restricted by luggage weight restrictions. If you are driving, it's not that big a deal, but you do have to pack and unpack it all. After your first cruise you will know better for your next.

have a great cruise

Hi,

It is very difficult to travel to new places if you have to have your food exactly the same as it is in your home area.

I think that you'll have to sweeten the tea yourself and hopefully you'll be OK . Perhaps you'll find a new favorite drink to replace it??

I like body wash so that's good. I'll tell the boss to bring her own conditioner, and we'll bring our own toothpaste. I am glad to know they have A1. Also thanks for the heads up on the tea. It looks like we may be getting the endles bubbles package. lol

Also..she might want to bring her own hairdryer, esp if she's got long and/or thick hair. The hair dryers in the cabin aren't worth poop. They don't have enough juice to blow dry an infant's hair let alone a grown woman's.

+tek

Bring your own toiletries. Carnival has shampoo and body wash in the shower, but you may or may not like it. Carnival does not provide toothpaste. Bring everything you need for toiletries.

At the end of the buffet line you will find condiments. You may find A1 sauce there. Since the buffet doesn't usually offer steak, that isn't usually an issue there. In the dining room, your waiter can provide A1 steak sauce. You may or may not need it though based on what you order or what's on the menu.

There is no sweet tea on Carnival. Just like a restaurant in the northern U.S., you can sweeten your tea with packaged sugar or artificial sweeteners which is totally unacceptable to most Southerners.

Best wishes for a great cruise!

I know you didn't ask this, but remember that you can bring a bottle of wine or champagne per legal adult on board in your carry-on. Order room service breakfast to be delivered in the morning. Have singles to tip room service. If you go to the Steakhouse the first night, you get a bottle of white or red wine free. Pizza pirate is all day and yummy. You can order more than one entree or appetizer at dinner.

Have a great cruise!

The ice tea on board is free. Bubbles program not. I remember when we lived down south in AL, the grocery stores had special sugar for tea. Perhaps you could just bring a box of the sugar and make your own? You could order a pitcher or two of ice tea from room service. You can make it taste pretty close that way. A small package/box/bag of that super fine ice tea sugar won't take up much room if your sweat tea makes that big of a deal! Bring a glass/cup with you. The ones on the ships are not very large. (people around here call them Tevis or something like that. Just an isolated cup with a lid and a straw.

I'm from NC, born and raised. If you normally drink southern sweet tea then you can forget it on the ship! It's instant tea, which is so gross and it's unsweet, also gross! Lol

I drink the lemonade and water. Bring a few 12 packs of soda to have around the ship and don't waste your money on the bottomless bubbles. As long as I'm cruising I can make it a week without my sweet tea! :)