Nieuw Amsterdam in Barcelona

Salmac

As I just shared in our "live" thread, the Port of Barcelona is reportedly closed due to high winds; the ship is hovering just out of the port. Embarking guests are waiting in terminal; or can take a free shuttle to port shooing center area. Last return bus is at 5:30 pm so that is some identication that the ship isn't expected to arrive until late afternoon at the earliest.

As I just shared in our "live" thread, the Port of Barcelona is reportedly closed due to high winds; the ship is hovering just out of the port. Embarking guests are waiting in terminal; or can take a free shuttle to port shooing center area. Last return bus is at 5:30 pm so that is some identication that the ship isn't expected to arrive until late afternoon at the earliest.

Thanks for that update; I was trying to see if webcams there was showing bad weather but it did not appear that bad. I hope it calms down soon.

We were scheduled to board the ship on 11-02, the ship will not be docking in Barcelona. Guests that were supposed to embark on 11-02 were transferred to area hotels. The hotel is being covered by Holland America and breakfast is covered at the hotel. Each person will be given $75 per person as OBC. Tentatively, the ship is scheduled to sail at 13:00 local time.

The NADM is currently about 54 NM SSE of Barcelona sailing at 8 knots in the general direction of Barcelona. Other cruise ships and ro-ro passenger ferries have arrived and departed Barcelona in the mean time.

Curioser and curioser.:D RuthC is onboard, will look forward to hearing from her on what the heck is going on. The NA has apparently missed a few ports this cruise.

thank you for reminding people.

There was a serious flooding warning for Barcelona, Murcia, Caragena, etc. this morning when I checked their weather.

I can understand the issues and worry about our friends in the areas affected in Spain.