Connecting Rooms - concerns

angelsmom703

I have not had a connecting room on a cruise but will NEVER have one in a hotel again. Every time I have, could hear noise, them talking, etc. That door breaks the sound barrier or something and even if closed, can hear. Not sure if same on cruise, but I can't imagine it is not. Hopefully, someone else can help you for sure!

We had a connecting room once. We heard a little more noise than usual, talking, tv, etc... but nothing too bothersome. If the folks next door had been loud party peeps, it might have been a different story. Sound does travel through the door a little more so than through the walls. Here's hoping you get relatively quiet neighbors.

That has never been a concern for us. We have had connecting doors on several cruises and have never had any noise issues.

If your neighbors want to be loud, I don't think it will matter if you have a connecting door or not.

We heard everything from the connecting room on our last cruise. They even came into our room!!:eek: Well... "they" were our kids and my mom so we didn't mind. :D In all seriousness though, you can hear slightly more but its muffled sounds. Usually nothing your TV or some music can't drown out.

Yes, the sound travels more through that connecting door. How many people does the next cabin hold? If it's 3-4, there might be more noise because of kids.

Why don't you switch to a different cabin?

That has never been a concern for us. We have had connecting doors on several cruises and have never had any noise issues.

If your neighbors want to be loud, I don't think it will matter if you have a connecting door or not.

I don't think it matters either, but if noise is heard, it's easy to blame the door.

I've had a few connecting rooms never hard any more noise than any other cabin.

Ditto. No more noise than usual.

I rarely have a balcony cabin. The couple times I have, the noise has come from neighbors out on the balcony. I simply don't comprehend why so many people think it's necessary to BELLOW AT ALL TIMES. :mad:

And I've had noisy neighbors when in a cabin without a connecting door.

My experience is that loud people are going to be heard regardless.

We have a balcony room on Valor booked for Sept 19. My concern is the room we picked has a connecting door to people next door. Should I be concerned of noise from the neighbors, assuming they have no parties next door.

We've had connecting doors that we could open, and could not. Neither time did we ever have an issue. But I will say I never thought I had a party going on next door. There's hardly enough room in the standard cabins for two people to even dance.

We had a connecting door on our last cruise (on the Breeze) and I will now go out of my way to ensure we never book another room like that again.

I prefer NOT to hear that level of intimacy thank-you-very-much! :eek:

We had a connecting door on our last cruise (on the Breeze) and I will now go out of my way to ensure we never book another room like that again.

I prefer NOT to hear that level of intimacy thank-you-very-much! :eek:

Agreed. Same thing happened to me and I don't book a connecting room anymore.

Slightly off thread - but - what would you do if you had really loud, boisterous neighbors? Like someone really getting their money's worth from the all you can drink package. I'm particularly thinking of balcony cabins.

We had one on the Breeze a few years back. On the Panorama Deck. I found I could hear most of what they did but the most irritating thing was the wind noise. Neither of us propped our balcony doors open, but there was a definite air exchange between the two rooms, the best description I could give it is almost a wheeze. DH can't hear well, and he was never bothered by it but I have really good hearing and it almost drove me up the wall.

We have a balcony room on Valor booked for Sept 19. My concern is the room we picked has a connecting door to people next door. Should I be concerned of noise from the neighbors, assuming they have no parties next door.

We accidentally booked a balcony cabin with a connecting door on Lido on Dream. We loved the location so much and we never heard a sound from next door so we purposely booked balcony cabins with a connecting door on Lido on Breeze and Magic.

Added benefit-the door handle was a great place to hang my damp bathing suits. :D

My neighbors were quite chatty. It was almost an excursion to try to figure out what all the yakking was about. Seemed they never stopped and it wasn't the TV, that was on top of it!

Once had kids next door and that was the LAST time I'd get a connecting door. They seemed to be running and throwing things in there.