C&A Drink Discount

nivek82

Today I got an email subject "Here's Your Exclusive Crown & Anchor Society September Newsletter"

There was this interesting comment in there about the drink packages:

PUT BIG SAVINGS ON YOUR TAB

Stay refreshed throughout your vacation

with our NEW beverage packages.

PLUS, enjoy exclusive savings of 30-40%

when you purchase them onboard.

The link went to here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf (extra things after this but didn't change the content)

So is this just more misinformation or have they gone back to adding an on-board discount for drink packages for C&A members?

Today I got an email subject "Here's Your Exclusive Crown & Anchor Society September Newsletter"

There was this interesting comment in there about the drink packages:

PUT BIG SAVINGS ON YOUR TAB

The link went to here:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf (extra things after this but didn't change the content)

So is this just more misinformation or have they gone back to adding an on-board discount for drink packages for C&A members?

There was a recent post from the Allure that there was a C&A discount on the beverage package.

I received the same email, but the section about "Big Savings On Your Tab" states:

"Stay refreshed throughout your vacation with our NEW beverage packages and save 20% when you book before you set sail."

That's what mine says as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Interesting. We are D+ so that might explain why the difference in %. I'll see if i can find that Allure post. Hopefully this is something they are rolling out and by the time we cruise in a few weeks the ship will know about it. :)

Interesting. We are D+ so that might explain why the difference in %. I'll see if i can find that Allure post. Hopefully this is something they are rolling out and by the time we cruise in a few weeks the ship will know about it. :)

I think the post was on the thread about the presidents cruise.

SNOB[emoji483][emoji485][emoji482][emoji481][emoji484][emoji898]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am a Platinum C&A member and received the same email. The "new Deluxe" package was offered for a pre-boarding 20% savings. The regular price is $55.00/day. The 20% savings brings the package to $44.00/day plus the 18% gratuity.

Even though we don't sail until March I booked it and the "new Refresher" package for my wife, as she does not drink alcohol.

The Refresher appears to be the same as the previous Royal Replenish and the Deluxe is the previous Ultimate Beverage package.

The Premium and Select (beer and wine only) packages are gone!

the 30 to 40% off the drink package was mentioned as a possibility during the talks with Michael Bailey on the allure presidents cruise. I heard it while listening to the talk live on periscope.

Edited by later

I think the $44/day 20% off deal is for everyone and not related to C&A.

Do the vouchers still have a very limited drink selection mimicking the lounge? It would be nice, for the 3 vouchers, if they just moved to allowing any drink someone with the Deluxe package could get without an extra charge.

If you read the fine print the 30-40% off is only on bottles of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The email states:

The "them" referred to in the second sentence to which a 30-40% discount will be applied can only refer to the subject of the first sentence, "beverage packages."

Plus, I don't see anything in the fine print of the attachment my email links to which refers to 30% off wine. It refers to 20% or 40% off depending upon the regular price of the bottle:

"*Package includes any single beverage item with a value up to $12. Plus, receive a 40% discount on bottled wines priced up to $100, and 20% discount on wines priced above $100."

Edited by kccrzr

I think the $44/day 20% off deal is for everyone and not related to C&A.

Do the vouchers still have a very limited drink selection mimicking the lounge? It would be nice, for the 3 vouchers, if they just moved to allowing any drink someone with the Deluxe package could get without an extra charge.

What would be their incentive to do that?

Luckily I was able to report this as being active on board ships, 3 weeks ago. Having previously posted that the original trial was going to be re-introduced, unfortunately I was shot down by many who said I was wrong :mad:

My September newsletter also states 30 to 40% off the beverage packages when you purchase onboard. When you click "learn more," within the Deluxe Package there is an asterisk which relates to the following "*Package includes any single beverage item with

a value up to $12. Plus, receive a 40% discount on bottled wines priced up to $100, and 20% discount on wines priced above $100." The percentage difference awarded from one person to another must be based on C&A status. Prices were not listed.

The communication on this in the news letter is about as clear as muddy water. Whoever was in charge of final approval for the email and flyer should be fired. I mean seriously. A publicly traded company and this is how poor the communication is to your repeat customers. The email and flyer leave nothing but questions in ones mind. I got it and thought cool until I clinked on the flyer and then thought what the heck are they telling us here? Absolutely nothing.