Injured in St Thomas

ParkerPal

Allure of the Seas 9/18-9/25--- If anyone knows the names or contact info of the men who pulled my husband out of the water in St Thomas and the passenger EMT to bandaged my husband on the dock, I would like to personally thank them for all their help. I thank God you were there and May God Bless you all for your help! My husband is improving after multiple lacerations and fractured bilateral mandibles.

Allure of the Seas 9/18-9/25--- If anyone knows the names or contact info of the men who pulled my husband out of the water in St Thomas and the passenger EMT to bandaged my husband on the dock, I would like to personally thank them for all their help. I thank God you were there and May God Bless you all for your help! My husband is improving after multiple lacerations and fractured bilateral mandibles.

You may want to post this here:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2256714&page=49

These are the people you actually sailed with and you may have better luck. Very happy to hear your husband is ok and he had a guardian angel with him that day.:)

PS.....I took it upon myself to post it for you. I hope you don't mind.

Edited by champagne123
sssss

Friends who are still on Allure told us about this last week while on the President's cruise. So happy to hear that he is doing well. My friend did have some photos of the boat and dock.

Such a frightening experience. Good thoughts for a full recovery.

Hope your husband is doing fine.

Your good wishes and blessings will always have a way to reach the ones they are intended for. I call it karma.

I am glad that your husband is improving and there were people who helped him in St Thomas. If you don't mind my asking, could you briefly tell us what happened. If you would prefer to keep it private, I understand. Best wishes for a full recovery.:)

We were going on an Excursion to St Johns, on a ferry. The Ferry did NOT put down the gangplank. We had to step from the dock, over water to the boat. I had to take a big step to get over the gap. I got on the boat, turned around and my husband was falling in the water.---? The boat moved further away from the dock!? Obviously no one was paying attention to him getting on the boat. I screamed. HELP HIM, HELP HIM! He was underwater and I couldn't see him--Horrifying!! Then he came to the surface with his hands up and 2 men pulled him out of the water and onto the dock. Apparently he had hit his chin on the dock going down, fracturing both sides of his jaws and lacerations on chin and inner and outer lip. It was a nightmare, but it could have been much worse had the boat moved back closer to the dock etc. We are very thankful for that! Needless to say, the cruise was over and had to fly home from St Thomas!

We were going on an Excursion to St Johns, on a ferry. The Ferry did NOT put down the gangplank. We had to step from the dock, over water to the boat. I had to take a big step to get over the gap. I got on the boat, turned around and my husband was falling in the water.---? The boat moved further away from the dock!? Obviously no one was paying attention to him getting on the boat. I screamed. HELP HIM, HELP HIM! He was underwater and I couldn't see him--Horrifying!! Then he came to the surface with his hands up and 2 men pulled him out of the water and onto the dock. Apparently he had hit his chin on the dock going down, fracturing both sides of his jaws and lacerations on chin and inner and outer lip. It was a nightmare, but it could have been much worse had the boat moved back closer to the dock etc. We are very thankful for that! Needless to say, the cruise was over and had to fly home from St Thomas!

Wow, that is just awful! Thank God for the men who were able to get him onto the dock. You must have been terrified.

I hope he heals quickly and you are able to book a replacement cruise in the future. It was very thoughtful of you to post to try to find the people who helped.