Favorite Drink

artkoll

Frozen lemonade; introduced to this on my last cruise :)

This is my go to, first drink, on boarding day - and when hanging around the pool deck. Next time, get them to make it with one of the flavored vodkas, like tangerine. REALLY good that way.

Dan.

My guess 300+ depending on how they make them. I had quite a few of them on my b-day trip last Sept on Adventure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I just googled it. Between 100 and 750. I'm glad they could narrow it down like that[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is Cachaca (similar to rum, it's made with fermented sugar cane juice), raw sugar (or simple syrup) and muddled lime

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A Caipirinha is Brazil's national drink. I tried one on a recent cruise and couldn't drink it. Tasted nasty. I was in Brazil a couple of months ago though and tried one again there and became hooked. I had to bring some Cachaca home with me. I don't know if the drink that I had on the cruise was made from cheap Cachaca, was made poorly, or just was an acquired taste. When made well they are very refreshing.

We were on the liberty recently and the bartender introduced is to a Caipirinha. It's a Brazilian drink that is fabulous! Also I was pleasantly surprised that the ship was starting to stock buffalo trace bourbon which is my goto.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Just did a search for that drink. Sounds really good. Trying that on my next cruise.

This is my go to, first drink, on boarding day - and when hanging around the pool deck. Next time, get them to make it with one of the flavored vodkas, like tangerine. REALLY good that way.

Dan.

Ooh will have to try that. Besides the frozen lemonade my other favorite by the pool is a frozen mojito. I don't care for real sweet drinks and both of these have that bit of tart.

Later in the day it's wine or flavored martinis.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

A Caipirinha is Brazil's national drink. I tried one on a recent cruise and couldn't drink it. Tasted nasty. I was in Brazil a couple of months ago though and tried one again there and became hooked. I had to bring some Cachaca home with me. I don't know if the drink that I had on the cruise was made from cheap Cachaca, was made poorly, or just was an acquired taste. When made well they are very refreshing.

Now I'm trying to remember what brand they used on board. I love them we used to have a Brazilian restaurant by us and they were wonderful. I have a few bottles of cachaca at home. It's fun to try them with different fruits- acia is popular as is raspberry

I

The

Basic recipe is muddled lime and sugar with Cachaç which I'm lead to believe is a brazillian rum.

Yes, basically Brazilian rum- it's made with fermented sugar cane juice rather than molasses or sugar biproduct aka left over. It usually has a cleaner taste

Espresso martinis definitely. The amaretto sours at the pool bar on Oasis were seriously good. My go to drink is Grey goose and cranberry or Moscow mule ( if you can get it made with fresh ginger , all the better). Other than that anything wet and alcohol filled. Hey, don't judge , I'm an Irishman [emoji256] [emoji3]

• 2 weeks later...

Do I have to pick just one? How about three:

The margaritas at Sabor are fantastic.

The shanghai smash is a nice cocktail - scotch and some other goodies, I forget. Usually my rising tide drink.

Boleros caipirinha is always a winner as well.

Hard to pick just one, particularly with the drink package!