Question about dining

Hello everyone...we have the 8:30pm dining time which we like, but there will be days where we will want to dine earlier so we can attend a show. Do you know if I can go online and make a reservation (dining reservations are not yet available for our cruise) to dine earlier on certain days even though we have the 8:30pm dining confirmed?

We are cruising on the Oasis in December.

Thank you

On our last cruise (October 2016 oasis ots) we were in a similar spot. We told our waitress and she talked to the maitre d and we were able to come in for the early dining for the day of the show. That may be another option, or its up to the windjammer for ye!

Nutz to you from Florida!

Hello everyone...we have the 8:30pm dining time which we like, but there will be days where we will want to dine earlier so we can attend a show. Do you know if I can go online and make a reservation (dining reservations are not yet available for our cruise) to dine earlier on certain days even though we have the 8:30pm dining confirmed?

We are cruising on the Oasis in December.

Thank you

On the Oasis you can reserve your shows around your dinner time. I'd be surprised if reservations for December are open yet.

They have multiple showings of each show so you won't have to miss out .

On the Oasis you can reserve your shows around your dinner time. I'd be surprised if reservations for December are open yet.

They have multiple showings of each show so you won't have to miss out .

Reservations are now open.

According to some of the planners posted on this website, some of the game shows start at 9:00pm so we will be missing out. Also some of the shows start at 10:30pm which means we will have to be there at around 10 which might be a little tight given the slow service in the dining room.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Reservations are now open.

According to some of the planners posted on this website, some of the game shows start at 9:00pm so we will be missing out. Also some of the shows start at 10:30pm which means we will have to be there at around 10 which might be a little tight given the slow service in the dining room.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

The two main game shows.. Love and marriage and Quest start after the conclusion of 2nd seating. I've never needed to rush for them. A 10pm aqua show yes.. But shows in the theatre never.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Dinner reservation is now open for our cruise. I noticed that we can do My Time Dining on select days although we are confirmed for Traditional Dining at 8:30pm.

So I made some "My Time Dining" reservations for 5 days out of the 7 days and they are now showing in my calendar. And it still shows that we are confirmed for Traditional dining at 8:30pm!! :confused:

open?id=0B2PbzywzVdNEeFAwYm02TVMzY2s

open?id=0B2PbzywzVdNEZk5aeUVqVm9yeFE

Has anyone done this before? DO you know if the booking will stand or if one of them (MTD or TD) will be cancelled?

Thanks

Edited by hanoudi

Dinner reservation is now open for our cruise. I noticed that we can do My Time Dining on select days although we are confirmed for Traditional Dining at 8:30pm.

So I made some "My Time Dining" reservations for 5 days out of the 7 days and they are now showing in my calendar. And it still shows that we are confirmed for Traditional dining at 8:30pm!! :confused:

Has anyone done this before? DO you know if the booking will stand or if one of them (MTD or TD) will be cancelled?

Thanks

I suspect you are dealing with more Royal IT issues. If you are truly in traditional dining, then you should not be able to make MTD reservations. It's hard to say which way it will go, but I'd sure like to know, so please report back.

I suspect you are dealing with more Royal IT issues. If you are truly in traditional dining, then you should not be able to make MTD reservations. It's hard to say which way it will go, but I'd sure like to know, so please report back.

I'm in Tradional Dining for one of my cruises in October.

I am also able to book MTD on the cruise planner :rolleyes:

We have been having more and more problems with getting seated with MTD

on most ships lately, even WITH pre-booked reservations. :( We used to love it, but

now it seems to have growing pains with so many opting for it, causing long

lines of wait time. And for some reason very noisy too now with the crowded

tables inches away.

Have started giving up and just going to the WJ instead, and are actually liking

the freedom of it as it is true Dining on My Time that way. ;) And...we can select

from much more entrees and choices. All of the officers we see in there at night

seem to enjoy it also. :) Much more relaxing.

Edited by island lady

open?id=0B2PbzywzVdNEeFAwYm02TVMzY2s

open?id=0B2PbzywzVdNEZk5aeUVqVm9yeFE

Thanks

You should just switch to MTD completely, if you're planning to do it 5 out of 7 nights anyway.

There could be someone wanting to do traditional that is on a waitlist.

I'm in Tradional Dining for one of my cruises in October.

I am also able to book MTD on the cruise planner :rolleyes:

I just ran into this a recently when dining reservations opened up for our Thanksgiving cruise. I was able to make MTD reservations despite being confirmed at 8:30pm Traditional seating.

I made the reservations for each night but when I called to ask them to just change us to MTD I was told it was full. I told her I already had made the reservations, but she assured me that the system wouldn't allow that. The cruise planner calendar had them listed as well me having already received the email confirmations. It's a glitch.