Can't book specialty dining package

Keep checking. Dining opened up for my January cruise but there was no packages available. A week later the packages appeared.

Being the OCD planner, it drives me crazy that everything seems to open up at different times. :confused:

Being the OCD planner, it drives me crazy that everything seems to open up at different times. :confused:

Yeah, it is weird. I guessing its entirely different subsystems that get loaded with data at different times and thus cannot be accessed in the Cruise Planner starting at one single date. Just a perspective from an IT point of view...

I had the same question when considering the package. I actually called RCCL. This is what I was told. When you sign up for the package you provide the day and time you want your first meal. They will then tell you which restaurant you will be at. It has to be on day one or two of the trip. Then, when you get on board you make the arrangements for the other days. I am not really comfortable with this, but thought we would test this out to see how this works out.

It is an incentive to get on board early. I do think that guest services could have a lot of people lined up for this. As I recall you can also go directly to the restaurants.

What I did was to go ahead and book my time dining for the days I hope to use the specialty restaurants. So I first secured entertainment, then scheduled my time dining. I just hope that I dont have to reschedule entertainment to fit restaurants.

We will see how this works out... but the savings were enough to make it worth testing on this next cruise.... in Sept.

I had the same question when considering the package. I actually called RCCL. This is what I was told. When you sign up for the package you provide the day and time you want your first meal. They will then tell you which restaurant you will be at. It has to be on day one or two of the trip. Then, when you get on board you make the arrangements for the other days. I am not really comfortable with this, but thought we would test this out to see how this works out.

It is an incentive to get on board early. I do think that guest services could have a lot of people lined up for this. As I recall you can also go directly to the restaurants.

What I did was to go ahead and book my time dining for the days I hope to use the specialty restaurants. So I first secured entertainment, then scheduled my time dining. I just hope that I dont have to reschedule entertainment to fit restaurants.

We will see how this works out... but the savings were enough to make it worth testing on this next cruise.... in Sept.

Guest services does not set up the dining packages. That is done at the specialty restaurants or through representatives that will be out and around selling the packages. There typically are not long lines either way to do this so it should not be a problem to do it on board if you wish. You also are charged for the package when you book it so doing so in advance results in a charge in advance, just as with excursions booked through the ship. Clearly your choice but just be aware of the options.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I booked my additional restaurants and times via the telephone in my cabin. Not interested in standing in line to do it.