Live from Westerdam!

bjarrett7

Thanks to all for the happy anniversary wishes! In spite of rough seas, we had a wonderful celebration at the Pinnacle Grill. We had excellent service from Clifford and all staff. The meal was excellent. Looking forward to dining at Le Cirque on Wednesday.

We have been very pleased with our Signature Suite... It is so roomy and an excellent value for the price. We were especially thankful for its location on the ship yesterday and last night since it is truly midship. It was the smoothest place to be so we used most of yesterday to catch up on some much needed rest and a good book.

As I type, we have finally made it to smooth seas and into some protected waters outside of Juneau. It is breathtakingly beautiful! Looking forward to our day here. Headed to Taku Glacier Lodge via a Sea Plane for a salmon dinner... If weather permits. [emoji41]

Happy Anniversary!!! We'll be on Westerdam in two weeks and will be in PG every night- anxious to hear a review (and server recommendations)!!

Frank, my daughter and I had two dinners at PG (sailed 8/15-22); one was Le Cirque and the other was their regular menu. We enjoyed both and agreed that the regular PG menu was better than Le Cirque's. DD is a chef so I'll defer to her opinion (which happened to agree with mine:)). I've seen poor reviews on the gnocci - I've stopped ordering these in ANY restaurant since it seems no one makes them any good, any more:(.

Our server was Merdy and we liked him so much that we requested him for our second dinner there. He is very friendly, gave excellent service and is a wine lover. If you have him as your server, please give him regards from the "mother & daughter who brought their own wines and sat at Table 14".

Thanks to all for the happy anniversary wishes! In spite of rough seas, we had a wonderful celebration at the Pinnacle Grill. We had excellent service from Clifford and all staff. The meal was excellent. Looking forward to dining at Le Cirque on Wednesday.

We have been very pleased with our Signature Suite... It is so roomy and an excellent value for the price. We were especially thankful for its location on the ship yesterday and last night since it is truly midship. It was the smoothest place to be so we used most of yesterday to catch up on some much needed rest and a good book.

As I type, we have finally made it to smooth seas and into some protected waters outside of Juneau. It is breathtakingly beautiful! Looking forward to our day here. Headed to Taku Glacier Lodge via a Sea Plane for a salmon dinner... If weather permits. [emoji41]

Clifford is still there- YAY!!! Clifford was our server on our honeymoon. If you could do us a huge favor please if you get a moment. Let him know that Frank and Loren (we got married on Oosterdam in May, 2013) will be on Westerdam on Sept 12 and want to make sure we are with him. Hopefully his station will have one of our favorite booths. Thanks so much!

Happy Anniversary!

We'll be on this cruise next year and we have not been on the Westerdam. We also have sailed on the NA plus the Noordam so we're looking forward to your review. We also booked a Signature Suite, #8095 which is mid ship. By any chance are you in the same suite?

Edited by kalliekae

Happy Anniversary!

We'll be on this cruise next year and we have not been on the Westerdam. We also have sailed on the NA plus the Noordam so we're looking forward to your review. We also booked a Signature Suite, #8095 which is mid ship. By any chance are you in the same suite?

Hi Kalliekae, we are on our first cruise next summer in 8043 down the hall from your room. We are leaving in July 9th. What day is your cruise? I would also like to know if anyone has been in room 8043 and what it's like.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks!! Just returned from Taku glacier lodge... Awesome! We are in 6072. Great cabin!!

I thought that was the neatest excursion---and I'm not even fond of salmon! I would do that one again just for the flight experience and the opportunity to get so up close & personal with the bear.

I recommend that excursion to anyone who wants to see glaciers from a whole new perspective.

Sounds like a great excursion.

But I can't see the bear in the tree.

The bear is laying across the branch in the tree. If you are able to zoom in, you can see her arm hanging down from the limb and her head propped up on top of the limb waiting for leftovers!

For those who are considering the Taku Glacier Lodge, Feast and 5 glacier flight, I want to highly recommend it! Flying is not my favorite thing... But this was fantastic! A very smooth ride!

The food was great, Glaciers were breath taking... The history of the lodge itself was extremely interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the story telling aspect of this tour. The glacier ice served in our glass of water was an interesting touch.

One aspect that I was amazed by was the lush flora of the Alaskan rain Forrest. It was just beautiful!

Here are a few pics from our excursion:

ImageUploadedByForums1441122558.789616.jpg.df3e80f7d86a697bea1b37675625edec.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122397.010083.jpg.7ed8b0d6d4bb7f3cf2ba98af05701e0b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122428.493779.jpg.c44a9f2b905f2f0b3e982163559209f7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122446.418047.jpg.fbf7a659b8f5209d7df830a265150927.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122472.717856.jpg.db94e6f281319e54ee8a1f6fd6652ab9.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122498.244540.jpg.fa647b4a483058c2dfdd84fec7c33426.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441122541.391765.jpg.0302162b7745c418d0aba0f5926dcc83.jpg

We have really enjoyed our time on the ship. The Westerdam is beautiful and elegant. The ship and the staff exude refined elegance not a gimmicky wow factor!

We had a light meal in the vista dining room last evening and received excellent service. The food was fresh and well prepared. We enjoyed a gorgeous view of Juneau's harbor by night with the Noordam all lit up tendered next to us. It was beautiful.

We had the opportunity to sit back and take in Adagio over a glass of wine in the ocean view bar. It would have been the perfect ending to a perfect day, but...

We just had to take in the comedian. Sorry that I don't remember his name. He was very entertaining and funny... But I think I was just tooooo tired and relaxed to enjoy. But that's what I love about HAL... There's something for everyone! If you want to enjoy your cruise, you can create the experience that you are in the mood for.

All in all, it was a great day! [emoji41]ImageUploadedByForums1441123671.859199.jpg.7af771c63d464228b82e27f238c603b0.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1441123632.240235.jpg.1f66549bf111e09bec2e90fef28f6494.jpg

bjarrett, PLEASE!

Next time you post photos, especially when the thread gets to the next page, post the images vertically, not horizontally.

When you posted pics horizontally, you increased the page width by three times. Now it's necessary to scroll back and forth for every line in the text. That will be true for every post on this page.

It makes it extremely difficult to read now, and it was so interesting before.

For those who are considering the Taku Glacier Lodge, Feast and 5 glacier flight, I want to highly recommend it! Flying is not my favorite thing... But this was fantastic! A very smooth ride!

The food was great, Glaciers were breath taking... The history of the lodge itself was extremely interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the story telling aspect of this tour. The glacier ice served in our glass of water was an interesting touch.

One aspect that I was amazed by was the lush flora of the Alaskan rain Forrest. It was just beautiful!

Here are a few pics from our excursion:

[ATTACH]361161[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361162[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361163[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361164[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361165[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361166[/ATTACH][ATTACH]361167[/ATTACH]

Pictures are gorgeous and we would love to do this excursion when and if we get back to Alaska. Thanks for posting!