$$ Issues with RCI.

918baker

I've read the whole thread and feel terrible for the OP that no one has returned the funds, even while they are still hashing out what happened. I wondered what I would do in the same situation, and I think I would have pushed a little harder back in Sept to get the $1400 back in my hands, seeing as final payment wasn't due for a few more months. Sure that money doesn't make much interest, but it wouldn't sit well with me to give them money early. And if the TA refused, I think that would have been a huge red flag that something was fishy and not just a system glitch. Even if there were a real glitch, I would have insisted on a new invoice showing that the balance of MY cruise reflected the $1400 payment. Hindsight is 20/20 of course, but the explanation the TA gave back then, with only a verbal promise that the amount would be taken off the final balance wouldn't have sat well with me at all. I do feel for the OP though and I wouldn't hesitate to torch the internet upon the return of her cruise. Bottom line is she's out $1400 and someone needs to give it back.

I also am raising a bit of an eyebrow at the parent TA laughing this off. A *tiny* part of me wonders if the TA wasn't doing something that the parent company deemed acceptable and that's why she might be playing the victim, but that's only a tiny wonder. Or (hopefully) they will deal with her accordingly and don't want to discuss that with her customer, which is more likely.

Edited by sr4mjc

I went back to work today so my internet time has been limited! I did reach out to RC after work, again no update. They're trying to get Parent TA company time to speak with the TA about what in the world is going on.

I heard back from Dwayne with Elliot.org said he got pretty much the same response from RC, the TA needs to speak up as to why my CC was used for another reservation.

I called my bank. They wanted to dispute the final payment charge for the difference between the September and final payments. I was against the idea because the September charge is not on my reservation and so I pushed really hard for them to dispute the September charge. They finally said they would do a manual dispute. YAY. So at least that's something done. Still anxious that it could effect my cruise but at least now I'm actually thankful that the fraudulent charge is NOT attached to my reservation haha!

I called my bank. They wanted to dispute the final payment charge for the difference between the September and final payments. I was against the idea because the September charge is not on my reservation and so I pushed really hard for them to dispute the September charge. They finally said they would do a manual dispute. YAY. So at least that's something done. Still anxious that it could effect my cruise but at least now I'm actually thankful that the fraudulent charge is NOT attached to my reservation haha!

Finally some good news!

Finally some good news!

Yes! I swear if I just screwed up our cruise I'm going to die. Please just let me on the boat. We leave for Florida a week from tomorrow!!!

I also just reached out to my TA for the last time. We'll see if she responds!

Yes! I swear if I just screwed up our cruise I'm going to die. Please just let me on the boat. We leave for Florida a week from tomorrow!!!

If they cancel your paid in full cruise because you disputed a fraudulent charge after spending a week on the phone trying to work with them... well,

you would have a great story for the media

Since the 1400 in September does not show up on your reservation, you should be perfectly fine. Regardless, keep an eye on the reservation to protect yourself.

Oh, she is long gone. Good riddance, actually.

You still might want to try getting a little OBC from RCCL. You spent hours with them on the phone, yet have absolutely no resolution. As an acknowledgement of your frustration, they might cough up a little OBC for all your pain. No guarantees, but they just might do it.

This is the first time since I started reading this thread that I feel like you might get your money back. You have the right people going after it now (the bank) and when banks start the dispute process, the company listens. Since the dispute process can take weeks, time for you to stop updating this thread, get into vacation mode and enjoy your vacation. Update us once the bank gets back to you.

Bon Voyage! :)

Good move to have the bank dispute the September charge. You should tell RCI and the travel agent that you have done that I think.

Is the TA still posting on FB? I am surprised she is still with the company to be honest...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

TA is still posting away! Crazy crazy.

I informed TA about disputing the charge. No idea if she'll respond. I'll let RCCL and Parent TA company know the next time they call :) the elliot company also knows that I filed the dispute.

Wow, Your story is painful.

18 months ago I was planning a cruise with a new agent. Gave him my cc number for the deposit. Then decided to change to a company I have used before and they gave me a better deal. Called the first agent back and told him to cancel the deposit. No problem its a weekend and hasn't gone through.

I decided 3 days later to check my cc to make sure he took the charge off. No deposit but instead found a $8900 Princess Cruise charge!!! Right then I called the cc company, gave them the TA name, number and the parent company. They said Princess will like that information.

So glad I looked when I did.

Sorry yours didn't go as easy as mine but that being said there's a lot of fraud going on. Once you find a TA or company you trust stay with them.

i recently covered the deposit for our daughter when she booked herself, cousin and Aunt on the two April 2018 Oasis sailings my husband & I are on..She will reimburse me when she gets back home. She was visiting us for a week and didn't have the one CC she would have normally used. We met with our TA who linked our reservations.

It's your credit card and you are sailing with them. Makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How do the cruise lines know who else is cruising with you if you don't tell them?

I booked my son and his bride to be on the cruise we are going on April 2018. I booked it months after we booked, booked it online on his account using his name but used my credit card.

Had no problems whatsoever.

Bill

Makes no difference. My parents are sailing and several of my siblings called the TA and made payments on their cruise. All were accepted by RCI. The fact that they were made thru the TA might make be the difference.

How do the cruise lines know who else is cruising with you if you don't tell them?

I booked my son and his bride to be on the cruise we are going on April 2018. I booked it months after we booked, booked it online on his account using his name but used my credit card.

Had no problems whatsoever.

Bill

I think this thread just goes to prove RCI will take ANYBODIES money! ;p

I just can't believe why this hasn't been sorted out by now! ???????????????????

You and me both. Finally finally got the bank to agree to bend their policies and dispute the charge in September since I didn't know it was fraud vs a glitch until a week ago. Very thankful that they were reasonable and understanding (after a LONG while of explaining and pleading)

Been following this thread for quite awhile. Still can't believe you are going thru this.

Just curious if you have posted to Royal Caribbean's page on social media. Would love to see it on their, especially if you TA is on the site also. Would be nice for others to "see" what she is posting

I as well as a lot of other people have followed you experience and I can tell you I feel you have been a saint about all of this. My wife and I are on the Freedom on next Saturday. This is our 45th wedding anniversary cruise. I hope and wish your trip will be as joyous as ours will be. God bless you and your family.

Been following this thread for quite awhile. Still can't believe you are going thru this.

Just curious if you have posted to Royal Caribbean's page on social media. Would love to see it on their, especially if you TA is on the site also. Would be nice for others to "see" what she is posting

I have not posted on their social media as I have been in contact with a wonderful exec CS rep. I do feel that she is doing her best to help me, and of course protect the company that she works for. At this point I do feel the problem lies with my TA and RCCL is facilitating my contact with the Parent TA company.

Once either this situation is resolved or I am safely on a boat without my TA able to interfere with my booking I'll find some way to share information with you all!