Do you 'Roll' or 'Fold' when you pack?

dotsonga

I fold neatly and Ziplock, and my clothes arrive wrinkle free. Been doing it that way for years and it has never failed!! I also layer slacks with plastic bags to prevent creasing in fold lines.

I use the 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags, and use the same ones over and over.. No need to buy expensive cubes or folders.

Ditto. A couple bags for shirts, a couple more for socks/underwear, the suit and slacks interwoven. Takes minimal space, easy for TSA, easy to pack, unpack.

I roll. I spent 16 days in Europe with only a carry on suitcase .... and had plenty of room for dinner clothing and extra space. Just did 10 days in the Caribbean and all my clothes fit on one side of the suitcase. I watched YouTube videos by flight attendants and pilots for ideas of how to best pack with only a carryon. Best travel tip I ever implemented!

I mostly fold with some things rolled to fit in smaller spaces. Rolling doesn't seem to work for me unless the fabric is already one that doesn't wrinkle. Every time I try rolling something like cotton, for instance, the wrinkles are scary.

I really don't have that much trouble with wrinkles, but pack a lot of knits, which helps. I find that either over packing or under packing makes clothes come out worse.

I used to use various cubes and plastic bags but it just seemed like an extra step--I do use large bags for dirty clothes for the trip home, so that they aren't touching the suitcase.

I use packing cubes and either fold or roll in them depending on what it is. I only use packing cubes because I am an obsessive organizer. daughter folds and does not use cubes and always gets more in her suitcases. I tried bundleing once but it was a pain when we got to our first stop and had to und everything to get what we wanted.

So to take the long way around to answer...both

there is a ton of youtube videos on packing.

Edited by sprint180

I never thought of checking out YouTube for packing tips! Thank you!

I put my Tshirts and polos in the dryer with some light misting of water on them for a few minutes. Take them out, fold, and stack each in the opposite direction. I iron all my pants and shorts, fold and stack the same way. I've found that keeps them the neatest.

I've also found I stack my suitcase like a dresser drawer, and I typically don't unpack. I use my suitcase like a drawer whenever possible. Less headaches for me.... with the cloths folded in this manner, I found it works pretty well.

Edited by dpcmh

I never thought of checking out YouTube for packing tips!

That's how I learned to pack DH's tux into a zip-lock before we went to Japan for our son's wedding. Works like a dream and he can put it in his carry-on.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

It depends on what I an packing for the roll or fold or a combo. The trip I am on now was 90% roll. The things I folded went inside on the top of my cubes. Large cube for pants, sweaters, long sleeve shirts. Medium cube for short sleeve Tshirts. Long half cubes for socks, bras, underwear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Packing in a 22" is a weekly activity for me. Roll under clothes and pajamas as the bottom layer to make a level surface at the bottom of the suitcase as well as shoes stuffed with socks. Layer of dry cleaner plastic bag. Slacks laid out - waistband at bottom edge of suitcase with legs hanging out the other end, dresses folded in half and laid with slacks. Layer of plastic. Toiletries , hair brushes and makeup bag next. Layer of plastic. Shorts laid flat. Blouses laid on with collar even with long side of suitcase and sleeves pulled out along the slacks. Fold sleeves into the suitcase center followed by bottom of blouses, finally slacks legs folded over all of the contents. This way I can get 7 days into a carry on size. Learned most of this by trial and error - I suggest you see what works for your suitcase.

Good luck

I asked Kenny Rogers - he told me "You've got to know when to roll 'em, know when to fold 'em" :)

DW rolls, I just kinda throw the clothes in the suitcase. Then DW comes along and rolls them.

Love it

But who rolls the suitcase?