Luggage Tags

Crazy tag question: Has anyone used the plastic luggage tag protectors that you insert your home-printed tags in?

I printed our tags on card stock since I was afraid regular printer paper was too flimsy and would probably be destroyed instantly. Then I found the plastic protectors and bought them, but don't know of they're allowed.

Feedback please ~~ first time cruiser here!

Thanks,

eileen

Crazy tag question: Has anyone used the plastic luggage tag protectors that you insert your home-printed tags in?

I printed our tags on card stock since I was afraid regular printer paper was too flimsy and would probably be destroyed instantly. Then I found the plastic protectors and bought them, but don't know of they're allowed.

Feedback please ~~ first time cruiser here!

Thanks,

eileen

We use either the luggage tag protectors from Amazon.com or the ones from Cruise Critic. Lots of cruisers use the luggage tag protectors. They are definitely allowed.

We have used the plastic label protectors for our last several cruises with no problem. We got ours from a company called Thanet Direct in UK.

This is where we got ours too. They've been in use for several cruises and are holding up well.

I've used the plastic tag holders I purchased here at the CC store.... see link at top of the page tool bar. They work great and have stood up very well after many cruises.

Just off the Freedom of the Seas 2 weeks ago at Port Canaveral. When we got off the bus there were no porters. The bus driver unloaded all the luggage. Everyone tipped him. Prior to getting off the bus cruisers were asked if they had tags on their bags. All who did left for check-in. Those who didn't stayed with the driver until he put tags on their bags. I don't think this process is happening at every port but it did happen to us. Either way, they will ensure your bags are tagged correctly. Happy cruising!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just wait and get REAL tags from the porters. We don't need to BUY tag holders, or do a craft project...the porters have tags! So simple. So easy...so cheap!

It holds up others while you stop, ask stevedore for tags, fill in your name, address, cabin number etc. I always put two tags on every bag. If one

gets pulled off, there's a 'back up'. I wouldn't want people behind me waiting

while I did that.

We simply fill out a tag at the dock. Takes about 30 seconds.

Can take longer than that if the porter insists on filling out the tag instead of giving it to you. My luggage was all tagged but I had to wait for the porter to fill out and attach tags to five bags for the folks in front of me.

I have been using the ones I ordered online from favors by serendipity dot com for years. I think the are one of the best things invented for travel! Very well made and sturdy.

We have not checked bags for a few years.

But when we did, we certainly did not hold anyone up. The porter gave us the tags, asked us if we knew our cabin number (we did). We stood to the side, filled it out, and handed our bag in. No one was waiting behind us. Very simple. And we saw a number of people doing exactly this on our last two cruises. No one was being held up....same routine.

And as a back-up, I suggest you print travel plans with cabin and such on papers and place them in some unlocked outside pocket. If the tag should get torn off, then cruise ship staff have a chance to still route the bag to your cabin. We did the folded paper printed at home, folded and covered in packing tape. They travel on the plane inside the luggage and just get put on the luggage just before the ship.

BTW ... this is small stuff. Have a good trip.