Norwegian Star broken down near Melbourne; cruise ship to be towed and repaired

Apparently it had a busted propeller when it got here recently unfortunately Bunnings doesn't stock props for that model cruise ship,

Props R Us was shut over the weekend it was here so they sent down some divers with some really tough old skins from the custard in the MDR to try to tack over the issue.

Unfortunately they didn't realise that custard skins are considered a delicacy by the seals that live off Wilsons Prom whereby the ship met its not so sticky end and is currently adrift.

There are unconfirmed reports of seals circling the ship on their backs clapping their fins in a show of thanks for the custard.

There are also unconfirmed reports of passengers lining the rails clapping back at the seals for stopping them crossing the Tasman in a pastry shell

:D:D:D

This cruise should really have been cancelled. Feel sorry for all those who didn't cancel and take the refund. Hope they haven't run out of alcohol! The news is all over it now - PR nightmare. I predict some really good prices next summer.

I agree. It's a nightmare at sea alright [emoji53]

If they run out of alcohol it's all over. No compensation would fix that mistake.

It'll be interesting to see if ncl stays and what ship it will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Tug "Hastings" is about 2 hours away and the Tug " Tom Tough" is about 6 hours away....

Darn lucky with the weather they could have been blown ashore at Cape Liptrap or the Prom

So the Next Old Lady to come down here Carnival Splendor joins P&O has a previous history of breakdown ... I south pacific can be very unforgiving and bass strait an absolute bitch when it wants to

No More OLD LADIES please!!

I just cannot get the words "LLoyds Open Form" out of my mind

Regards

John

Apparently it had a busted propeller when it got here recently unfortunately Bunnings doesn't stock props for that model cruise ship,

Props R Us was shut over the weekend it was here so they sent down some divers with some really tough old skins from the custard in the MDR to try to tack over the issue.

Unfortunately they didn't realise that custard skins are considered a delicacy by the seals that live off Wilsons Prom whereby the ship met its not so sticky end and is currently adrift.

There are unconfirmed reports of seals circling the ship on their backs clapping their fins in a show of thanks for the custard.

There are also unconfirmed reports of passengers lining the rails clapping back at the seals for stopping them crossing the Tasman in a pastry shell

:D:D:D

Love it!!:):):)

I cannot imagine a twin engine Aircraft being allowed to take off with one faulty engine. Why are there not controls on faulty cruise ships being allowed to sail with only one operating engine? :confused: :mad:

It would have to be a very cheap deal for me to consider sailing on this lemon. :(

Bloody great post with pics.

And seriously do peeps think this is going to be an isolated incident, DOUBT it old ships, old attitudes ,old behaviours.

STOP TREATING US LIKE SECOND CLASS CUSTOMERS.

ATTN/ All Cruise Lines.

NUF SAID.

I would agree with that! First season here (even if it was a very late start!) and who would book with them now???....not I!

Not very good PR. Unless they turned the tap on hard with free booze it would be hard to wipe this stain away. Very lucky there is not bad weather coming up. If I was onboard I would be very annoyed. Only so many chairman of the boards one can drink!

And its flat calm .. they have no idea how lucky they are .. I have sailed in that area and know very well how nasty it can be ...Lets hope then get her in before the weather changes

Regards

John

About 140km from Geelong at about 5 knots under tow so about 75 nautical miles 14 Hours and then down port phillip bay a further 6 hours so early evening tomorrow with luck she should be alongside Station pier

time for the repair and there is no way she is going to get to Auckland as scheduled

I hope to hell the booze does not run out ... anything could happen and wait till the cellphones start to pick up the coastal stations .....

Regards

John

Wikipedia reports the Star was out of action in April 2015 for two weeks due to Azipod problems and her departure was delayed in a cruise out of Singapore in December 2016 due to the same problems so it looks as though the present problems were waiting to happen

I cannot imagine a twin engine Aircraft being allowed to take off with one faulty engine. Why are there not controls on faulty cruise ships being allowed to sail with only one operating engine? :confused: :mad:

It would have to be a very cheap deal for me to consider sailing on this lemon. :(

I believe they had a very low price on the 30+ day sailing, but as tempting as it sounded, we passed having sailed in the Baltic on her last July. It was a snooze cruise with little evening entertainment. I didn't care for the food queue and the kids rolling thru the area on their wheels shoes. So glad we passed on it, esp flying all the way from San Francisco! We are now on RC Ovation, Sydney to Singapore and the Celebrity Millennium, Hong Kong to Shanghai, each 14 days with a visit to Thailand in the middle. Praying for good weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums