Specialty Dinning reservation prior to cruise, NOW AVAILABLE!

jillyfish

This is awesome news!

Could one assume a 7:30 reservation would allow to make the late show in the theater?

Anyone have approximate theater show time info?

Last month on the Star they were at 7:45 and 9:45 on most evenings.

Generally they're about 8:00 & 10:00 and with late performances you don't need to arrive about 30 minutes early like for early performances.

Possibly because full suites receive a complimentary speciality restaurant meal on embarkation night.

Perhaps you are right. But I have stayed in full suites and the first night is busy for the Crown Grill but not for Share or Sabatini. Just my own observation.

I believe we are considered "full suite" passengers for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess (departs on March 10th); we're in Dolphin Deck Suite, D727, Category S3, but I don't see any information about the embarkation dinner in a specialty restaurant, nor do I have the option in our cruise personalizer to make a reservation. Do I just wait until we board and inquire? This is our first cruise, so any info would be appreciated.

I believe we're considered full suite passengers for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess on March 10th; we're in Dophin Suite D727,Category S3. I haven't received any information about the embarkation dinner in a specialty restaurant, nor do I have the option in cruise personalizer to make a reservation. Do I just inquire once we board? This is our first cruise, so any info would be appreciated.

I believe we are considered "full suite" passengers for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess (departs on March 10th); we're in Dolphin Deck Suite, D727, Category S3, but I don't see any information about the embarkation dinner in a specialty restaurant, nor do I have the option in our cruise personalizer to make a reservation. Do I just wait until we board and inquire? This is our first cruise, so any info would be appreciated.

Even if you are on a full suite, you still need to make a reservation. Once on board the ship, you can make said reservation.

D727 (Category S3) is a full suite and has all of the full suite benefits. Full suite benefits are described in this brochure. Under "food & dining", it lists "Complimentary specialty dining dinner on embarkation evening" with the note "Available on cruises 6 days or longer". So you will receive this if your cruise is six days or longer. Since this is included for all suites, it is not listed separately in your cruise documentation. You will need to go by the restaurant or call the DINE line after you board - you cannot make reservations in advance. However they hold first-night reservations for suite passengers, so you shouldn't have any trouble.

Reservations for specialty restaurants in the Cruise Personalizer can only be made by people paying in advance - not for people using the suite amenity, using a Princess promotion, using a gift from their travel agent, or using onboard credit. As stated earlier in this thread, they do not allow online advance reservations for embarkation evening - probably because they are saving space for the suite passengers.

The only problem with this cabin for your first cruise is that you will get spoiled - it may ruin you for anything less on future cruises.

Make sure to enjoy the "Complimentary specialty dining mimosa breakfast (Daily)". It will be in either Sabatini's or the Crown Grill. This is for full suite passengers only. The service is great, and many people think it is the best thing about sailing in a suite on Princess.

As a full suite passenger, you will also have access to Club Class dining. It is available for dinner every evening and for lunch on sea days. It is also available for breakfast on sea days, but suite passengers would generally prefer the Sabatini's or Crown Grill breakfast instead.

Here's an idea. Similar to the way posters update the Cruise Director list, perhaps people can help populate this list with information. Below is a list culled from previous posts that indicate whether posters have been able to book reservations in advance on the various ships and the earliest sailing dates that have been indicated so far. If you have anything to update, (such as adding a positive experience for a ship listed as "No", or an earlier date listed for a "Yes"), please COPY the text below, paste it into your new post, and change whatever needs to be changed. Do NOT "Quote" the message. Copying will allow you to edit. (NOTE: A "No" below is not authoritative. It can either mean that people have not been able to pre-book on that ship, or it means that no one in this thread has indicated anything with respect to that ship.) Here goes:

Caribbean-No

Coral-Yes-June

Crown-Yes-June

Dawn-No

Diamond-No

Emerald-Yes-Oct

Golden-No

Grand-Yes-Sept

Island-Yes-Oct

Majestic-No

Pacific-No

Regal-Yes-No date given

Royal-No

Ruby-Yes-Feb

Sapphire-No

Sea-No

Star-Yes-March

Sun-No

I have a full suite on Emerald and I have two complimentary specialty dinner in my cruise personalizer for my wife and myself. It says must be used on embarkation evening. I will call once onboard the ship

We like to go when we decide onboard not weeks or months ahead of time.

We don't rush anywhere when we board.

We also don't want to go at 5:30/7:30/9:30.

We don't plan our meals ahead of time.

I imagine it will fill fast and most will be unavailable if at the last minute we want to head to the specialty restaurant.

You can still do/not do all of those things, so why be angry about other people being able to? You make presumptions it will fill fast, but as I said I sincerely doubt they are not holding tables back from being available online for people who prefer to do things your way.

Updated the Emerald from Oct. to July

Caribbean-No

Coral-Yes-June

Crown-Yes-June

Dawn-No

Diamond-No

Emerald-Yes-July

Golden-No

Grand-Yes-Sept

Island-Yes-Oct

Majestic-No

Pacific-No

Regal-Yes-No date given

Royal-No

Ruby-Yes-Feb

Sapphire-No

Sea-No

Star-Yes-March

Sun-No

I updated Caribbean and Grand based on my upcoming cruises:

Caribbean-No-Aug, Jan 2018, Mar 2018

Coral-Yes-June

Crown-Yes-June

Dawn-No

Diamond-No

Emerald-Yes-July

Golden-No

Grand-Yes-May

Island-Yes-Oct

Majestic-No

Pacific-No

Regal-Yes-No date given

Royal-No

Ruby-Yes-Feb

Sapphire-No

Sea-No

Star-Yes-March

Sun-No

I changed the Grand from Sep to May. I entered the dates for my cruises on the Caribbean - reservations are not currently allowed on any of these dates. Interesting, since my May 2018 cruise on the Caribbean is the first one on that ship with the new Ocean Medallion.

As stated earlier, embarkation evening is not allowed to be reserved in advance.