Specialty Dinning reservation prior to cruise, NOW AVAILABLE!

jillyfish

Yes, it seems as of today you can now reserve (and pay) for Specialty Dining via the Cruise Personalizer. On our Ruby Princess cruise in April of this year, you have the options for Crown Grill and Share. You choose which night and then which time slot (5:30 or 7:30 or 9:30). The website indicates that in order to make the reservation online it has to be paid (Credit Card or PayPal) and can be canceled up to 7 days prior to cruise via Cruise Personalizer and a refund is processed or cancel while onboard at least 24 hours prior to reservation and then your onboard ship account will be credited.

Why would it be something to be angry about? Just adds another option to take care of ahead of time and not feel like you have to rush after boarding. I highly doubt they would make all of the inventory available online, there would certainly be tables still available to reserve after boarding for those who don't deal with the internet well.

We like to go when we decide onboard not weeks or months ahead of time.

We don't rush anywhere when we board.

We also don't want to go at 5:30/7:30/9:30.

We don't plan our meals ahead of time.

I imagine it will fill fast and most will be unavailable if at the last minute we want to head to the specialty restaurant.

I have reserved the anniversary package for the Crowne Grill but I see no way to choose a time. How does this work? Also my TA has gifted us a specialty dinner for the first night of the cruise, how do I choose the time for that. I have seen the new link that lets you choose the time but I can't figure out how to choose for my previous reservation

Is there a way to make Specialty Dining reservations ahead of boarding?Or are reservations only taken once on the ship?

I just checked my April 29 cruise on the Ruby and it had the option in the Cruise Personalizer to reserve CG and Share. I made reservations for CG right away just in case it sells out before the cruise even sails! I had to pay for it now, but thats OK - I will use OBC for something else.

Tim

No nasty words in this link, but it kept replacing a section with asterisks and did not work when I clicked on it before editing.

http://i.**********/EKxujEH.jpg

If you go to the urban dictionary you will see that Imgur does have an alternate "not so nice" definition.

That is probably why it was blocked.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Imgur

I was just going to pose this exact question until I saw this thread as I noticed the "specialty dining reservations" tab appeared on my upcoming bookings. However, I wasn't sure if you had to prepay to if pre-reserved and it sounds as though you do. I think it is a great option but if one wants to us OBC, then it doesn't work. We will just book online instead.

Interesting. We are cruising on the Grand Princess in September. Sure enough, when I went to the Cruise Personalizer just now, there was a link to book specialty restaurant reservations.

We always dine in one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation day. Interestingly enough, embarkation day was not one of the options available for either Sabbatini's or Crown Grill. So, I really doubt that I will use this new feature. I can imagine a couple reasons why embarkation day is not offered as an option. A specialty restaurant dinner was included in the price of my ticket. So, I'll see what day that is scheduled when we arrive at our cabin. If it is not for embarkation day, I'll just call the DINE line and make my own reservation.

Yes, the times that were offered for either Sabbatini's or Crown Grill were limited to 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30. I, personally, am comfortable with this limitation, and it makes sense to me. I am sure they want to have the flexibility to offer times to passengers who book onboard.

It looks like a new feature added to the cruise personalizer. It popped up yesterday on my cruise personalizer for a cruise scheduled for tomorrow but was marked as "closed".

I checked my booking scheduled for a year out and it allowed me to purchase a photo package but when selecting the "specialty dining option" it would keep bouncing me out of my personalizer and log me out of princess.com all together. So it would appear is an option they are slowly rolling out that is a bit buggy at this time.

Not available on my cruises coming up in the near future, but the ones that are further out have this option.

I think it's to get more bookings for specialty dining. Sabatinis's is never sold out, in fact seems 1/4 to 1/2 filled when I pay attention, and Crown Grill usually books ups, but does not appear sold out either.

We will definitely be booking in advance. I like that this is offered now.

I think it's to get more bookings for specialty dining. Sabatinis's is never sold out, in fact seems 1/4 to 1/2 filled when I pay attention, and Crown Grill usually books ups, but does not appear sold out either.

We will definitely be booking in advance. I like that this is offered now.

I think it is response to the many, many requests to have this feature available like it is on some other cruise lines.

It will be interesting to see if all spots are taken by embarkation day or if some space is being kept to be reserved on board.

I think it is response to the many, many requests to have this feature available like it is on some other cruise lines.

It will be interesting to see if all spots are taken by embarkation day or if some space is being kept to be reserved on board.

I think having this available will turn into more bookings overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just booked a new reservation with the special Princess has right now that includes some OBC's and a specialty dining reservation. It seems like it would be fun to get the Ultimate Balcony Dining one! We will be celebrating an anniversary on our cruise so that might be a neat thing to do.

My Crown Princess 5 day cruise that's 30 days out does NOT have the option, while Grand Princess 10-day at the end of May does have "Specialty Dining Reservations" as a icon choice across the top of the cruise personalizer. Dining times for Crown Grill are 5:30, 7:30, 9:30. Embarkation evening is not a choice. There's also a note:

"Be sure to pay immediately in order to confirm your selected reservation time once added to cart."

1867273252_SpecialtyDining.jpg.e72cff62fbabcb63509087d54c191902.jpg