Live From Oceania Marina: Hits and Misses

LauraS

I was on the Marina a few weeks ago and posted my review that pretty much matched up with theirs happy to say. I would have added to the positive side their artist studio and culinary centers seemed to be hits, and to the negative sides more crowded by the pool on sea days than other luxury lines and in addition to the smaller showers not as nice towels(though the beds were kind of awesome and made up for a lot of that)

But overall, I really enjoyed the cruise and would recommend the line. While not as all inclusive as the true luxury lines(and priced accordingly I might add), it was much more so than the mainstream lines(including Celebrity) and I found a lot of very nice touches including free bottles of water as you disembark the ship every day.

I definitely think the desserts are a big HIT and very far from a MISS. Just sayin....

food is subjective

DH never misses a dessert so they cannot be all that bad :)

Just depends on your personal tastes

Quoting from the CC article:

"To avoid the nickel and diming, book your next cruise when Oceania is offering its O-Life Perks promotion and take your pick of perks like free Internet or a complimentary beverage package."

I thought all O cruises were now O-Life Choice recipients, with free internet and a choice of 3 perks (one of which is the basic beverage package). Why does the CC writer make it sound like that's not the case?

Or are there some O cruises which don't fall under the O-Life Choice promotion?

I thought all O cruises were now O-Life Choice recipients, with free internet and a choice of 3 perks (one of which is the basic beverage package). Why does the CC writer make it sound like that's not the case?

There could be cruises now that do not have the O life

& there is the cruise only option for those that do not want the O Life perks (hard to believe)

Erica has been on O before so not sure on some of her comments

another case of YMMV

I always find myself surprised at complaints about the towels because we love them. We even tried to buy a few while on board. At first they said yes, then they changed their minds. (I'm not surprised that they did ... if everyone wanted to buy a couple of towels they could run out pretty quickly.)

But this is just as subjective an area as food and entertainment.

Mura

I always find myself surprised at complaints about the towels because we love them. We even tried to buy a few while on board. At first they said yes, then they changed their minds. (I'm not surprised that they did ... if everyone wanted to buy a couple of towels they could run out pretty quickly.)

But this is just as subjective an area as food and entertainment.

Mura

You didn't get some free towels in your goodie bag when staying in a suite above Ph? They're actually nicer than the ones onboard.

Jim,

Somehow I have missed those discussions -- which doesn't seem possible but it appears that it is! -- and I never saw any monogrammed towels in particular! Should I ask for a partial refund of our fares when we were in the top suites?

Probably not! But we're supposed to be in an OC in November and I'll be sure to look! And if I don't see them, I'll ask our butler ...

I suppose this proves that I'm not always as observant as I should be!

Mura

Agree with the review. Although, as mentioned, food is subjective, we only want to dine in the specialty restaurants. And, the desserts were easy to skip (not a bad thing if you're watching your weight).

We purchased the Premium Alcohol Package (even though we don't drink that much) because of the high prices of alcoholic drinks and the "thimble size" pours.

Agree with all of the positive comments as well.

We purchased the Premium Alcohol Package (even though we don't drink that much) because of the high prices of alcoholic drinks and the "thimble size" pours.
There is an old joke, a version of which was made famous in Woody Allen’s Annie Hall:

Two female passengers complaining about the food on a World Cruise.

One woman says, "the food is just terrible this year."

The other replies, I know, and such small portions!

Irony escapes some people :halo:

We recently sailed on the Marina, and loved it! I personally loved the towels. I think that I am fairly picky about towels so that said, I found the towels in our cabin to be of nice size and good absorbency.

We ate almost all of our meals in a specialty dining room, and with the exception of some of the lunches in Terraces, I was quite pleased with all of our meals. I am not one to normally eat three meals a day but I managed to consume breakfast, lunch, and dinner on this cruise.

Prior to sailing I wasn't sure we would like Red Ginger, but I made the reservations on the advice of people from this board. It did turn out to be my favorite of all the restaurants!

We sail again on Oceania in April on the Regatta, and I am anxiously awaitIng our sail date!!! I only wish they had a Red Ginger on Regatta [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quoting from the CC article:

"To avoid the nickel and diming, book your next cruise when Oceania is offering its O-Life Perks promotion and take your pick of perks like free Internet or a complimentary beverage package."

There are now three types of bookings: O Life with air, O Life with air credit and "cruise only," which is the lowest price (no O Life or air).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Mura-

We've discussed those towels.

The ones with "Oceania Cruises" monogrammed on them.

Jim

We got the monogrammed towels when we booked a private cabana on Regatta for our 18 day Miami to Lima cruise a few years back. The cabanas were taken out shortly thereafter