Too many mailers

Buggbob

We have never taken a Regent cruise, but we did call once (just once) asking about something. Now we get mailers (catalogs, fliers, advertisements) nearly every day. How can I make it stop? by now they have spent more on postage then I would have on a cruise.

I know - I was just thinking that last night as I tossed all of the Regent and Oceania brochures that clogged my mailbox. I told my wife that if they put the marketing budget into the ships, a 20-day cruise would cost about $12.79...

Here's a copy of Regent's privacy policy from the website - it's for opting out of emails, but the contact info might help on print ads, too:

How do I opt-out or unsubscribe?

All e-mails you receive from us will include specific instructions on how to unsubscribe and you may unsubscribe at any time.

(1) Follow the instructions provided in any Company e-mail;

(2) Click here (http://www.rssc.com/change-address/)

(3) Send mail to the following address:

Regent Seven Seas Cruises

Attention: Website Privacy Questions

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

1 (800) 477-7500 within the US or Canada, or +1.954-776.6123

Please allow up to 2 weeks to be unsubscribed from all Company emails.

That change of address link actually has an option to be removed from all mailing lists. Hope this helps.

Although I find the quantity of the Regent mailers to be excessive, I find some of them to be useful - mainly the big ones that show all the cruises for the next year or two. However, the Oceania mailers are totally unwelcome. They are a total waste of resources. They go directly into the trash (actually, they get recycled) without even being opened. Amazes me that NCL (the corporate entity) wants me to downgrade from Regent to Oceania. But they must since I've never inquired about Oceania but still receive lots of mailers - they must share mailing lists.

Anybody have experience getting off just Oceania mailings?

This subject has been discussed on and off for a long time. It is difficult to either get onto or off of the mailing list (in our case we can't seem to get onto it). We ordered large book that comes out periodically (we call it our "cruise bible") but recognize that prices will change so it is necessary to check the website.

If I received mail that I didn't want, I'd browse it and put it in the recycle bin.

I enjoy both the Regent and Oceania mailers...I enjoy looking at the itineraries...though I find it helpful more for future cruise planning than the particular voyages they're selling. And since we're not as focused on cabin size so long as we have a veranda, sooner or later we plan on trying Oceania.

I have noticed that both Regent and Oceania feature many of the same ports, not a surprise of course being part of the same company. But the overlap, at least in the Med, is substantial. So that rules out seeing anything new.

For us the problem is also that we've started booking cruises a year or more in advance, and most of these mailers cover cruises in the upcoming months. I often wonder if the itineraries listed have any decent cabins left by the time the mailer hits our mailbox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We receive literally tons of mail from Oceania and Regent--almost every day! I really hate the waste of resources and money. I do like the big cruise book that comes out a couple of times a year, but other than that, everything goes directly in the recycle bin.

We also get lots of Regent mail ,and unwelcome Oceania brochures. It is excessive ....but I have to admit that we did book a Regent cruise to India ending in Cairo a few years back because I saw it in a mailer . It was a great deal with both a pre and post land segment .To date is was our favorite cruise of all time! So it never hurts to look ;)

We also get lots of Regent mail ,and unwelcome Oceania brochures. It is excessive ....but I have to admit that we did book a Regent cruise to India ending in Cairo a few years back because I saw it in a mailer . It was a great deal with both a pre and post land segment .To date is was our favorite cruise of all time! So it never hurts to look ;)

I would say that 90% of what comes in my mailbox is advertising, and 99% of it goes directly into the recycle bin. However, just as sugar333 notes, A mailer prompted us to book our Mariner Trans canal last September and a Celebrity Southern Caribbean next January. This week I have trashed things from American Cruise lines, Viking River Cruises, Princess, Seaborne and Seven Seas and have never been on any of them. I typically book Regent or Celebrity. Never been on NCL, Azamara or Oceana, but I get those because of my Regent and Celebrity bookings. I also get credit card offers at least once a month from every airline, hotel and rental car company I have memberships with and cannot stop them.

The reality is that direct mail is effective to some point and it would stop if it did not work. Also, if it was not for all this third class junk mail, the USPS would not be in business and how would I get the real 10% of the mail that I need. Of course electronic mail, bills and transactions will eventually make paper mail unnecessary, right?

We get a Regent ad in our mailbox almost everyday. We don't object to them, and fairly recently even booked a cruise advertised on one of them. But, as I studied advertising at the college level. it is my opinion (FWIW) that Regent could save money with fewer mailed ads (such as one per week or so) and take the money saved and give us customers some benefits like included laundry service (for example).

I said I didn't object to the daily Regent mailers, but in my mail yesterday I got one that I honestly didn't like. The booklet was sealed on all sides. When I opened it, an ad for jewelry from the Bradford Exchange fell out. Sort of reminded me of all the papers NCL puts on your bed at night advertising non-NCL items. A bit too downscale for Regent.

I got the same one where it is taped on two sides with the jewelry mailer. Very tacky to say the least. I also am bombarded with the O cruise brochures. I have requested them to be stopped many times to no avail.

Crystal and Seabourn do not inundate me with this junk.

Glad to hear that I did not somehow imagine the jewelry mailer! It was a tacky thing to do. As far as O, Silversea, and Seabourn are concerned I get mailers from them occasionally, but certainly not constantly. (No jewelry ads though.) I always felt that I got so many Regent ads because we have taken so many cruises on Regent. Apparently everybody is getting bombarded, whether they've cruise Regent or not. We've taken a couple of cruises on Silversea and have inquired about Seabourn (may take them someday). But I don't know why I get O mailers. Never cruised with them and never intend to do so.

We have never sailed O but we have sailed Regent albeit eight years ago and have five cruises which is not many with Regent.

We are going to check out the Seabourn Encore later this year and the new Ovation next after many years on Crystal which we still enjoy but want to change it up a bit on a new ship then we can officially say we have tried all the luxury lines.

We had our loyal Regent friends tell us that the Explorer is nice but not to their taste and service was either a hit or miss. They much prefer the Voyager as we did compared to the Mariner.

I wonder how much money is spent sending out all those glossy mini brochures. I also dislike the word free this and that when you are really paying for everything upfront. Nothing is FREE except the air you breath.:D

Suite,

The word should not be "free". It should be "included". We do not care to cruise under circumstances where certain things are not included in the fair, but are "at charge". Many mass market and premium lines have added categories that are more inclusive than they used to be (to attract people like us, I guess). But it has been difficult for me to get pin-point specifics from some of them about what is included, and where, and when. At least Regent tries, but just uses the wrong word.