Travel irons on caribbean princess

dikin

Hi after cruising with NCL several times we have gone for a change and will be crusing on the Caribbean Princess for the first time this summer. I read in one of the old reviews that someone had their travel iron confiscated at embarkation, Has anyone else had experience of this , we have always been ok on NCL. If this is the case is there a laundry room that anyone can use . Thanks:)

Different cruise lines have different policies on a variety of things. Your question on travel irons was something you wanted to know.

Happily, on Princess ships you have easy access to irons in the laundry room.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise on the beautiful Caribbean Princess! :)

LuLu

I am a long time Princess customer,who is booked on NCL to Bermuda from NYC this June.

My DH and I only chose NCL because we want to get to Bermuda- love that country!

However, I will miss the laundry rooms that are on the Princess ships ( believe

it or not !)

I have heard the NCL will provide you with an iron and board for a short time if you ask the steward.

I know this is a Princess forum,but since the OP has sailed on NCL, I thought he/she may have some info about requesting an iron and board.

Thanks for any info about this.

From what I understand, all cruise lines list irons among the prohibited items for you to bring onto a ship.

Having a self-service laundry room on a ship is important to us (due to an allergy to detergent as well as a desire not to have some of our clothing shrunk by the ship's laundry).

Just to clarify - no laundry facilities on Fiesta Deck. The Window Suites are on this deck.

Another piece of advice - be sure to check the iron before you use it. I've been unfortunate enough to use an iron with some kind of gunk on it which meant a stain on my slacks.

I do love that Princess has laundry rooms! I like to pack light:)

I am a long time Princess customer,who is booked on NCL to Bermuda from NYC this June.

My DH and I only chose NCL because we want to get to Bermuda- love that country!

However, I will miss the laundry rooms that are on the Princess ships ( believe

it or not !)

I have heard the NCL will provide you with an iron and board for a short time if you ask the steward.

I know this is a Princess forum,but since the OP has sailed on NCL, I thought he/she may have some info about requesting an iron and board.

Thanks for any info about this.

Just did this exact same NCL cruise in late April for the same reason. Bermuda was beautiful and being docked for 3 days made for a nice relaxing stay.

I asked our steward on the second day and he brought me an iron and ironing board to use briefly in the cabin. I took about 45 mins to press the worst of the wrinkles out of our clothes then called housekeeping before going to lunch. When I returned to the cabin the iron and board had been removed.

So it worked for me.

Hi after cruising with NCL several times we have gone for a change and will be crusing on the Caribbean Princess for the first time this summer. I read in one of the old reviews that someone had their travel iron confiscated at embarkation, Has anyone else had experience of this , we have always been ok on NCL. If this is the case is there a laundry room that anyone can use . Thanks:)

On the NCL web site:

Guests are not permitted to bring and use their own irons or steamers onboard for safety reasons. NCL carries a limited number of irons and ironing boards which can be loaned to guests for a few hours at a time. They can be requested through housekeeping or Guest Services Desk.

On the NCL web site:

Guests are not permitted to bring and use their own irons or steamers onboard for safety reasons. NCL carries a limited number of irons and ironing boards which can be loaned to guests for a few hours at a time. They can be requested through housekeeping or Guest Services Desk.

I'm surprised that they can use those irons in the cabins. What makes them safer than any other irons?

I'm surprised that they can use those irons in the cabins. What makes them safer than any other irons?

They may have automatic cutoffs which not every iron passengers might bring on would have.

Just to clarify - no laundry facilities on Fiesta Deck. The Window Suites are on this deck.

Another piece of advice - be sure to check the iron before you use it. I've been unfortunate enough to use an iron with some kind of gunk on it which meant a stain on my slacks.

I do love that Princess has laundry rooms! I like to pack light:)

Gunk is probably starch.

The few times I've used a ship iron I've brought a washcloth to use as a pressing cloth and an iron cleaner.

Edited by SadieN

My travel secret! I wear a lot of cotton, and I hate to iron. So for awhile I used wrinkle release, but that gets expensive. My son found a recipe for a great homemade version. Bring a spritzer bottle that will hold at least one cup. Also bring a TSA sized bottle of fabric softener and one of isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Put a cup of water in the spritzer bottle, add a teaspoon each of fabric softener and alcohol. Swirl to mix.

Each even pull out you next days clothes. Spritz the wrinkles and gently tug to pull them out. Hang to dry. Works like a charm.

Just did this exact same NCL cruise in late April for the same reason. Bermuda was beautiful and being docked for 3 days made for a nice relaxing stay.

I asked our steward on the second day and he brought me an iron and ironing board to use briefly in the cabin. I took about 45 mins to press the worst of the wrinkles out of our clothes then called housekeeping before going to lunch. When I returned to the cabin the iron and board had been removed.

So it worked for me.

Thank you for the info.

I will ask the steward for iron and board. Mostly concerned with wrinkles in hubby!s slacks.

We love Bermuda!

This will be our 9th visit there.

On the NCL web site:

Thank you for the info!