Upset with NCL Personal Cruise Consultant

maryisme

Hi All,

Really feel the need to vent. Yes, I know this is not a crisis but i just lost a quite a bit of square footage.

Booked a deck 9 Haven Aft Balcony (H6) on the Breakaway via my PCC. Yesterday, when I saw the new promotion that starts Aug. 1st posted here, I shot my PCC an email asking him to re-price the cruise on the 1st with the new promotion.

I also stated in my email that I did not want to give up the deck 9 H6. Last night i receive a new confirmation from NCL showing my cabin to now be on deck 13. What the heck? He says he did not move me and has resolutions looking into it.

I don't understand how something like this can happen. Does NCL randomly move your cabin. Not cruising until Feb. 2016.

Thanks for listening-

Mary

Hi All,

Really feel the need to vent. Yes, I know this is not a crisis but i just lost a quite a bit of square footage.

Booked a deck 9 Haven Aft Balcony (H6) on the Breakaway via my PCC. Yesterday, when I saw the new promotion that starts Aug. 1st posted here, I shot my PCC an email asking him to re-price the cruise on the 1st with the new promotion.

I also stated in my email that I did not want to give up the deck 9 H6. Last night i receive a new confirmation from NCL showing my cabin to now be on deck 13. What the heck? He says he did not move me and has resolutions looking into it.

I don't understand how something like this can happen. Does NCL randomly move your cabin. Not cruising until Feb. 2016.

Thanks for listening-

Mary

I've had something similar, I had a good deal with a specified cabin up online (the right shape on the wave with the bed at the balcony doors on epic) and I had a question about the itinerary. She asked me to close it down on my PC so she could look my booking up and then told me the cabin wasn't available. I connected back up to the site and sure enough just GTY left.

You live and learn, just DIY online!

I have had similar thing happen but was able,to,fix it. When you select a cabin online then call NCL, their system holds that cabin for 30-40 minutes. Then it get put back in available bucket. Once I had NCL stay on phone with me until that cabin was released and she was able to book it with the promos we were trying to apply. YMMV

Thanks for all the responses!

I get what everyone is saying and I do normally book online myself but I've had good service from him with my last 2 cruises.

I just don't understand why he would touch it now when the promotion does not start until August 1st.

Oh well, it is in the resolutions department and I will let you all know what happens.

Not the end of the world - grateful to be able to cruise.

Cheers-

Mary

I just don't understand why he would touch it now when the promotion does not start until August 1st.

I agree - this is the part that doesn't make sense. (1) you were asking him to check pricing, you never directed him to make a change; and (2) we are not even in the time period that you asked him to check, so why would anything have changed now?

I would definitely press this issue. Do you know if the deck 9 cabin is still available?

Thanks for all the responses!

I get what everyone is saying and I do normally book online myself but I've had good service from him with my last 2 cruises.

Oh well, it is in the resolutions department and I will let you all know what happens.

Not the end of the world - grateful to be able to cruise.

Cheers-

Mary

As today is only 7/30... and you wanted to change on August 1st... I'm confused as to why this even happened yet?

Exactly. I don't see how this cabin change had anything to do with your request to the PCC to recheck the price on 8-01. And you did not actually authorize him to rebook anything, only to check it out. And even if he would have jumped the gun, it would make no sense for him to do so as he could not get the 8-01 promo until 8-01. Sounds like an unrelated error was made somewhere at NCL.

Is the cabin on the new deck the same category or did you end up with something else? I would persist until you get reassigned to your original cabin. If they have already booked someone else in it, let them explain to THEM that they made an error. Or at least compensate you for not getting what you booked.

Exactly. I don't see how this cabin change had anything to do with your request to the PCC to recheck the price on 8-01. And you did not actually authorize him to rebook anything, only to check it out. And even if he would have jumped the gun, it would make no sense for him to do so as he could not get the 8-01 promo until 8-01. Sounds like an unrelated error was made somewhere at NCL.

Is the cabin on the new deck the same category or did you end up with something else? I would persist until you get reassigned to your original cabin. If they have already booked someone else in it, let them explain to THEM that they made an error. Or at least compensate you for not getting what you booked.

I am in the same category but different deck with smallest aft balcony (H6 category). I was originally on deck 9 with largest balcony. I believe i am losing approximately 200 sq ft. of balcony.

At this point, who would i reach out to? Resolutions?

I agree - this is the part that doesn't make sense. (1) you were asking him to check pricing, you never directed him to make a change; and (2) we are not even in the time period that you asked him to check, so why would anything have changed now?

I would definitely press this issue. Do you know if the deck 9 cabin is still available?

As of about 30 minutes ago the deck 9 cabin was not available. I keep checking throughout the day hoping it will show up.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe unrelated error but I am skeptical. I think he touched the reservation when he should not have as promo didn't start yet.

I've had something similar, I had a good deal with a specified cabin up online (the right shape on the wave with the bed at the balcony doors on epic) and I had a question about the itinerary. She asked me to close it down on my PC so she could look my booking up and then told me the cabin wasn't available. I connected back up to the site and sure enough just GTY left.

You live and learn, just DIY online!

When you have looked at a special cabin during the booking process, and have not finalized the reservation, that particular cabin will be "unavailable" for about 30-45 minutes. I had the same "problem" when I wanted to upgrade from a balcony cabin to the last Haven spa suite on the Epic about a month or so before the sailing date. Was in contact with my PCC at NCL, who said that there were no spa suites left. No available Haven spa suite came up as option when she searched through the system, and since I had only done a "mock" booking I got the same result when I tried to do a new "mock" reservation. I remembered the cabin no. of that particular suite, and asked her to check if somebody had it reserved now, and the answer was "no". First she found this very strange, that she couldn't even find another reservation on that particular cruise in that particular suite. I asked her if it could be because if was automatically on "hold" since I had done a "mock" booking - and the answer then was that it was possible. So she continued to check on my behalf every 2-3 minutes, and then "suddenly" it was available again (I believe that it was 45 minutes after I did the first "mock" booking). End of story - I got the upgrade to that Haven spa suite, and paid a very good price for the upgrade.

So my guess is that if your PCC (or you) had tried again a little later, that particular cabin that you wanted would have been available again....

Edited by TrumpyNor

I am in the same category but different deck with smallest aft balcony (H6 category). I was originally on deck 9 with largest balcony. I believe i am losing approximately 200 sq ft. of balcony.

At this point, who would i reach out to? Resolutions?

As of about 30 minutes ago the deck 9 cabin was not available. I keep checking throughout the day hoping it will show up.

Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe unrelated error but I am skeptical. I think he touched the reservation when he should not have as promo didn't start yet.

I still have doubts your PCC did anything wrong. The only reason he would need to touch your res is if you requested a change to the new 8-01 promo, and that could not be done until 8-01 so it makes no sense. I would call the PCC to ask the status of your complaint. If you feel you are getting the run around, it is time to ask to speak directly to the resolution dept. If he tells you that can't be done, then it's time to at least speak to his supervisor and assure yourself that they are indeed looking into this.

Well so much for the resolutions department working on getting my deck 9 cabin back - I was able to rebook it myself at around 11:30 pm yesterday as it suddenly popped up in inventory.

Guess there is nothing to escalate [emoji1]. Now to ensure a switch does not happen again.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I'm curious - on Princess I see posts about people being "upgraded" and losing the cabin they selected because a higher deck is theoretically better (even though, like your 9 vs. 13, the balconies are different). Does NCL do things like that?

Glad you got it back!

Edited by Gig103

I'm curious - on Princess I see posts about people being "upgraded" and losing the cabin they selected because a higher deck is theoretically better (even though, like your 9 vs. 13, the balconies are different). Does NCL do things like that?

See post #6 in this thread. :)

Glad you got it back!

Apparently they do (but not very often) - all though I have never experienced that myself. But to avoid that kind of "problems" in the future, I have asked my PCC to add to my profile to never change my cabin no. without asking me first. The main reason being that I put a lot of effort in to choosing the "perfect" cabin for every cruise, and to be able to pick the cabin I want I also book all my cruises very early.

Yesterday, when I saw the new promotion that starts Aug. 1st posted here, I shot my PCC an email asking him to re-price the cruise on the 1st with the new promotion.

What is the new promotion supposed to be? I haven't seen any threads on it yet, so I must be missing it.

I too am looking to re-book my cruise tomorrow if the price is the same. I booked with a TA - not a PCC for an Epic Haven spa suite. Yesterday all but two cabins in this cat were avail. Today there is only one available. Seems odd that so many people would book this cat suite all on the same day before the promo on 8/1/15. The booking is way out too with a sail date of 12/16.

I went ahead and booked yesterday figuring that I can always cancel and rebook if the promo tomorrow is better for me but now I am wondering if it's worth a risk to cancel and rebook with only one stateroom in this category available.

Can the TA switch the existing reservation to the new promo or do they have to cancel, rebook and risk losing the room?

The shore excursion credit is for four port max, non combinable, $75 per port, no embark or disembark port. Since they charge what seems to be about 3 times the cost if booked separate from the cruise line it just seems silly for me to book a ship excursion. Gratuities at $15.50 per person per day seems to be an actual useable benefit for me but not at the risk of losing the room if rebooked.