Princess coffee card question thanks.

portcbob

We finished a CB 12 days cruise early this week and bought a coffee card. We typically got 2 brewed coffees for both of us using 1 card throughout the cruise, no problem.

They did write the departure date on the card, some staff looked at the date, others did not.

International cafe staff were very nice.

Not all ships have gelato available. At least I never found any on the Caribbean Princess. I did ask at their International Cafe and was told that they didn't "do that."

And not all ships have an International Cafe. There is a "Lobby Bar" on the Diamond. Does anyone know if they have gelato?

No gelato on Diamond.

I have never heard of coffee made using liquid concentrate, but I am a fairly new cruiser. On our Mexican Riviera cruise on Ruby last year (our first cruise with Princess) we thought that the coffee in the Horizon buffet and in the MDR was quite good and didn't purchase the coffee card. How can we find out how is the coffee prepared on the Crown Princess? Perhaps we should just taste the coffee in the buffet, and decide if a coffee card is worth it. We actually prefer good straight coffee and the only specialty coffee we would possibly order would be cappuccino.

I once had some great coffee in MDR at lunch time. I ordered a second cup and it was some of the absolute worst coffee I have ever had. Obviously it was from a different batch!

In general, I don't have an issue with the regular ship coffee but my wife likes the foo foo coffee so we always have a coffee card or two. I still tend to just get a large fresh-brewed coffee on my card while she uses up punches on hers.

I think what they meant when they said the card should service one person was referencing the free brewed and free tea not the drinks that require a punch.

I go down with two travel mugs, and one coffee card, each morning. No one has ever questioned filling both mugs!!!! This is my experience on many different Princess ships.

Edited by BigGuy25

I have never heard of coffee made using liquid concentrate, but I am a fairly new cruiser.

Coffee made from a liquid concentrate is not unique to cruise ships.

Coffee is made that way in many restaurants on land. Much less mess and no grounds to dispose of which means less personnel required. You may have had coffee that way on land many times and did not know it.

However, the coffee concentrate is available from distributors at various quality levels. The better the quality, the higher the cost.

One can speculate that the concentrate Princess purchases is not at the top of the quality list.

On the Golden they would not let me get 2 regular coffees at once. Very irritating since I was on the Sun Deck, & didn't want to come down again for my second cup.

You should have gotten the first 1 cup, stepped out of line & then immediately returned for the second cup. ;)