beverage package

espresso68

VV,

When we were on the Sea last October, they had a cart of soda cans in the World Cafe where the staff would prepare drinks for delivery to passengers. I do not recall seeing any Caffeine-Free. Sorry. But maybe, if they have had enough requests, they have added it by now? :)

Becki

On our river cruise we often left the dining room with a glass of wine.......did any of you see that done on your Ocean Ships?

We returned from Mediterranean Odyssey on the Sea last month and every lunchtime and dinertime before leaving the restaurant, Manfredis, Chefs Table and World Cafe I asked for my glass to be filled please and it was. Wine to go I call it.

On our river cruise we often left the dining room with a glass of wine.......did any of you see that done on your Ocean Ships?

We returned from Mediterranean Odyssey on the Sea last month and every lunchtime and dinertime before leaving the restaurant, Manfredis, Chefs Table and World Cafe I asked for my glass to be filled please and it was. Wine to go I call it.

That practice is common on most river cruise lines, but I haven't heard of it before on ocean cruises. Good on Viking.

Husband seems to think we will drink enough to make it worthwhile and he does not want me to whine about the wine ( although on the Viking River Cruise I was happy with the house wines not as much on Vantage!) so we are NOT going to stop at the duty free before boarding the plane this afternoon....I will report on our experience once we return. Thank you all for your input.

Husband seems to think we will drink enough to make it worthwhile and he does not want me to whine about the wine ( although on the Viking River Cruise I was happy with the house wines not as much on Vantage!) so we are NOT going to stop at the duty free before boarding the plane this afternoon....I will report on our experience once we return. Thank you all for your input.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your beverages !

Look forward to your report when you return.

Just to confirm czst17's experience we also had our wine topped up at the end of the meal on Viking Sea without any problem. As with the rest of the service the wait staff could not have been more charming and always did it with a smile.

It was usually enough to last us till bedtime - but not always ;-)

Sent from my mobile using the CC forums app

Viking Ocean are very generous with the included wine and beer at lunch and dinner. We bought Silver Spirits as we love wine and were afraid that there could be a chance that we might not "love" the house wine. We got our money out of the Silver Spirit for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is that especially when you are in the Chef's Table or Manfredi's the Som will likely be offering or pouring wines that are not on the menu (per glass) because the stock left is too small to be on the menu. If you are in The Chef's Table you are getting wine pairings whether you are on Silver Spirits or not, but in Manfredi's the Som offered us a number of wines that were not on the menu AND he offered us to have the bartender or server call him from other venues to get the same wines. Again, this is because they have some stock but not enough to keep on the menu. There are hidden benefits to the Silver Spirits.

Viking Ocean are very generous with the included wine and beer at lunch and dinner. We bought Silver Spirits as we love wine and were afraid that there could be a chance that we might not "love" the house wine. We got our money out of the Silver Spirit for sure.

One thing to keep in mind is that especially when you are in the Chef's Table or Manfredi's the Som will likely be offering or pouring wines that are not on the menu (per glass) because the stock left is too small to be on the menu. If you are in The Chef's Table you are getting wine pairings whether you are on Silver Spirits or not, but in Manfredi's the Som offered us a number of wines that were not on the menu AND he offered us to have the bartender or server call him from other venues to get the same wines. There are hidden benefits to the Silver Spirits.

I am glad you felt special but we were offered the same thing without the package. With regards to using the small quantities of stock left, the results are the same. Using it up is a good thing and there may be hidden benefits.

I am glad you felt special but we were offered the same thing without the package. With regards to using the small quantities of stock left, the results are the same. Using it up is a good thing and there may be hidden benefits.

Where were you offered the same thing? In Manfredi's? The Chef's Table? Or in The Restaurant and/or The World Cafe?

Where were you offered the same thing? In Manfredi's? The Chef's Table? Or in The Restaurant and/or The World Cafe?

We weer given the 'special' attention and the specialty restaurants. We weren't given new glasses of wine for the evening but in occasion, after conversations samples were brought for us to try that were not part of the regular menu.

We ate both at Manfredis and Chef's Table with a couple who had the Beverage Package. We all were treated special and offered wine selections by the sommelier, but when the other couple indicated they had the beverage package they were offered selections from a "premium" selection.

• 5 months later...

Our first Viking cruise is in February to the Caribbean; typically my DH will have a Johnnie Walker Black before and after dinner. I noticed that only the JW Red is included in the beverage package; does any know how much drinks with JW Black cost? I saw a photo that showed this and Tanqueray gin as being stocked in some of the onboard bars. The spirits package may not make sense for us since our preferences are not included and we typically drink beer with lunch and the dinner wine offerings sound fine. Thanks in advance for any comments.

seems to me I ordered Johnnie Walker BLACk (but not for sure). my husband really enjoyed Aberlour Scotch I do not remember the year. He drinks his scotch on the rocks or straight. I am pretty sure Tanqueray was part of the packed and I know that I ordered Cosmos with Grey Goose! things may have changed since our cruise last spring.

Wait until your are onboard to buy the package and you can verify.

We ate both at Manfredis and Chef's Table with a couple who had the Beverage Package. We all were treated special and offered wine selections by the sommelier, but when the other couple indicated they had the beverage package they were offered selections from a "premium" selection.

My husband loved the premium wines offered at the chef's table. With the beverage package. I enjoyed trying different drinks recommended by the staff. Lemon drop martini at the Torshaven was delicious

I talked to Viking customer service today and Silver Package can be used in the Torshavn Lounge. it's just that there are a greater number of premium drinks offered there that price out above the $9 limit. All "regular" drinks below $9 can be ordered using the Silver Package.

Slainte! Bill

It is now a year since this information has been posted and there have been some changes made to the beverage package. One of them is that $9 has become $15.