Trying not to hold my breath. Upsell questions

Linaeve

This sounds like an excellent deal! (confirms my suspicion that we have overpaid greatly from VB to Neptune for $ 896 :( !)

I think you worked out a great deal for that price, especially since there are 4 of you.

They offered us an upsell for $599pp to move from guar verandah to a NS.

We didn't take the deal.

You'll enjoy the NS and all it's perks. Have fun!

Msmayor, thank you too. I am not worried.Regardless of the price we needed the suite because there are four of us in a room. Plus, we never sailed in a suite, always booked two adjoining balconies when sailing with children ( we always traveled with all three of our kids).

My husband and I sailed in our first Neptune (and first suite ever!) in March, and I'm sure you will love it...and the space will be wonderful for four.

My husband was always one who would say 'It doesn't matter how big or small, we're not buying it...we're only renting it...' when it came to hotel rooms or cruise staterooms. Most of our trips were taken in insides...we had our first balcony two years ago. Moving to a suite after a very nice upsell? My husband..."You have spoiled me forever...I want this space all the time now!!"

This sounds like an excellent deal! (confirms my suspicion that we have overpaid greatly from VB to Neptune for $ 896 :( !)

Overpaid greatly? :confused: You've got to be kidding.. It only cost you $224 per person for your (skipped category) upgrade.. I would take that in a minute! :cool:

We've been on more than 20 cruises (15 on HAL) & have only been offered an upsell on one cruise about two weeks prior to departure.. We turned down an upsell to a veranda cabin from an outside, but instead took the Lanai upsell on the same cruise..Our TA was surprised that we did not take the verandah, but we really wanted to try out the Lanai & we loved it..

Edited by serendipity1499

Congratulations that's a great deal! Enjoy!

We sail in about 10 days, still don't have a room assignment and just received a second email with an upsell offer but they're holding their ground...$299pp for SS or S and $599pp for NS (from a guar verandah).

That's what the first offer was that we received on April 7th.

Thanks Deb.....I am dancing on the ceiling!

Good luck on your upsell.

:)

Wow, that is awesome Sean! Keep dancing and enjoy your cruise :D

Very excited about everything! Yesterday I went through my friend's care suitcase. It felt good to be doing some prep and finding out what I need and don't need. Adds to the excitement while waiting for our travel date to get here. Still haven't told Mike the good news, though he knows I was trying for an upgrade. :)

:)

Very excited about everything! Yesterday I went through my friend's care suitcase. It felt good to be doing some prep and finding out what I need and don't need. Adds to the excitement while waiting for our travel date to get here. Still haven't told Mike the good news, though he knows I was trying for an upgrade. :)

I can just imagine your excitement. If you don't tell Mike before you go....I think he may guess something is up when you dance up the gangway! :D

Hope to read a review when you return!

I can just imagine your excitement. If you don't tell Mike before you go....I think he may guess something is up when you dance up the gangway! :D

Hope to read a review when you return!

Oh, I couldn't possibly wait that long to tell him....I am too excited! Probably tonight or at least by Friday.:D

Got an upgrade email for our upcoming Alaskan cruise to go from Neptune to Pinnacle. It seemed too pricey so I didn't respond although would have loved too. But for 7 days, an extra $1099 a person is too much for us, but sounded like a good deal. We are happy with our Neptune :)

We took one NS to Pinnacle for $1500/p on a 12-day Eastern Med, Rome to Venice. One of the best $3000 I ever spent. The attention and service was so over the top. We found it really true that every crew member seemed to know we were in a PS.

Based on my experience I would have popped for the $1000/p on your cruise.

Dennis

We took one NS to Pinnacle for $1500/p on a 12-day Eastern Med, Rome to Venice. One of the best $3000 I ever spent. The attention and service was so over the top. We found it really true that every crew member seemed to know we were in a PS.

Based on my experience I would have popped for the $1000/p on your cruise.

Dennis

Hubby wouldn't go for it. :( I thought it was a great deal. But he is content being in a Neptune. Maybe one day :)

Got an upgrade email for our upcoming Alaskan cruise to go from Neptune to Pinnacle. It seemed too pricey so I didn't respond although would have loved too. But for 7 days, an extra $1099 a person is too much for us, but sounded like a good deal. We are happy with our Neptune :)

When are you cruising? Which ship?