Trying not to hold my breath. Upsell questions

Linaeve

My offer also said "best available" of category SC, SB, SA...and I was allowed to choose from all available in that category.

Others will surely have more information but from my vantage point, the big advantage to the signature suite over verandah is space and location. There is a telephone concierge available as well.

Oh ok, thank you.

There are a lot of suites available so I think I'll just wait and see if they make a better offer as we get closer to sailing.

Last time I looked there were over 80 Verandahs available as well and some very good locations too. I'm just hoping to get bumped up to one of those, I'm not hard to please. lol.

Heck, I'm thrilled to be going to Alaska in a verandah room so anything else is a bonus. :)

We took upsell to vista,suite from lanai guarantee. Received 2nd upsell emsil, followed immediately by stateroom assignment, which was not an upgrade from lanai guarantee. So called and took upsell, chose statetoom. I asked about upgrade to Neptune which was $100 more per person than Vista upsell. Not bad, but Vista fine for us.

Oh ok, thank you.

There are a lot of suites available so I think I'll just wait and see if they make a better offer as we get closer to sailing.

Last time I looked there were over 80 Verandahs available as well and some very good locations too. I'm just hoping to get bumped up to one of those, I'm not hard to please. lol.

Heck, I'm thrilled to be going to Alaska in a verandah room so anything else is a bonus. :)

I like your attitude. :) I feel the same way. We are in a very nice , extra large handicap VB. There is an SY that has an extra window facing the front and a bigger, better veranda, but really not much bigger cabin. The suite perks don't really seem that much better. So if the price is right, we will move up, but we will be very happy regardless.

Thank you for posting this.

I went and checked and low and behold I had an offer from HAL in my spam box dated April 7th. I wonder why it went to spam when I receive a lot of emails from them in my inbox with ads. This was an important one and it goes to spam? Ugh

Would you mind sharing what the HAL email address was that it came from? I'd like to add it to my contacts to hopefully prevent it going to my spam folder. I'm glad it wasn't a great deal that was missed for you too. Hoping a better offer comes around for you!

Could anyone tell me if there are any advantages (besides the size of the room and bathroom) to moving up to a signature suite from a Verandah?

I know the Neptune suites seem to have a lot of perks but haven't heard anything special about the signature suites.

No, the advantages of the Signature suites is just the size of the room/bathroom/balcony and the location on the ship. I think there are binoculars in the room too. Otherwise no extra perks like you get with the Neptune suite.

No, the advantages of the Signature suites is just the size of the room/bathroom/balcony and the location on the ship. I think there are binoculars in the room too. Otherwise no extra perks like you get with the Neptune suite.

You are supposed to get a selection of pillows too. But does anyone expect to be denied that request from a steward in a "regular cabin?"

Would you mind sharing what the HAL email address was that it came from? I'd like to add it to my contacts to hopefully prevent it going to my spam folder. I'm glad it wasn't a great deal that was missed for you too. Hoping a better offer comes around for you!

Of course!

No_Reply@HollandAmerica.com

I'm trying to upload a screenshot of the email but it's telling me the file or image is too big.

Not sure why this email address went to spam it looks like their normal email address.

Of course!

No_Reply@HollandAmerica.com

I'm trying to upload a screenshot of the email but it's telling me the file or image is too big.

Not sure why this email address went to spam it looks like their normal email address.

Thank you so much! and that is really odd since I received all the others too. Interesting. Looks like nothing in my spam folder.

Thank you so much! and that is really odd since I received all the others too. Interesting. Looks like nothing in my spam folder.

You're very welcome!

I'm so worried I may miss the next email I keep checking my spam folder every hour lol

My cruise leaves in two weeks and so far I have received 3 upsell offers.

One two weeks ago

From HH to C-FF. $129.00

Vista Suite $1399.00

April 10th I got another one

For

HH to C-FF 99.00

Vista suite 999.00

The next day it appeared the Ship was sold out.

I received another one today and it was the same price as the one I received as the one on April 10th.

This is a 24 day Cruise with people disembarking in either Fort Lauderdal, New York or Boston. People will also embark in Fort Lauderdale and New York.

For a 24 day Cruise I thought it was a great deal! They both came in my regular e-mail. But I do check my spam.

I called today to see what was available on the Lower Promenade deck. I would have taken it but my dad didn't want to move for $99.00.

I have gotten upsell offers up to 3 days before the Cruise has departed. Just keep checking.

My cruise leaves in two weeks and so far I have received 3 upsell offers.

One two weeks ago

From HH to C-FF. $129.00

Vista Suite $1399.00

April 10th I got another one

For

HH to C-FF 99.00

Vista suite 999.00

The next day it appeared the Ship was sold out.

I received another one today and it was the same price as the one I received as the one on April 10th.

This is a 24 day Cruise with people disembarking in either Fort Lauderdal, New York or Boston. People will also embark in Fort Lauderdale and New York.

For a 24 day Cruise I thought it was a great deal! They both came in my regular e-mail. But I do check my spam.

I called today to see what was available on the Lower Promenade deck. I would have taken it but my dad didn't want to move for $99.00.

I have gotten upsell offers up to 3 days before the Cruise has departed. Just keep checking.

Thanks! That's really good to know! I'll definitely keep looking and checking. Sounds like a great deal for a 24 day cruise!

We are booked in VB balcony (the only one which is more expensive is VA) and got the up-sell offer for Neptune Suite at $549 per person (Total VB to Neptune suite $1098). We declined hoping to get better offer (Oosterdam to Alaska, 7 days round trip from Seattle). We do want to move to NS, there are four of us in a cabin (two kids). Is it a mistake to hold off for better offer? We are 30 days to sailing. There are 20 NS show as available to book.

We are booked in VB balcony (the only one which is more expensive is VA) and got the up-sell offer for Neptune Suite at $549 per person (Total VB to Neptune suite $1098). We declined hoping to get better offer (Oosterdam to Alaska, 7 days round trip from Seattle). We do want to move to NS, there are four of us in a cabin (two kids). Is it a mistake to hold off for better offer? We are 30 days to sailing. There are 20 NS show as available to book.

I could never see myself spending that much pp . If you think it won't make much difference to the enjoyment of your cruise, I would stay where you are.

You need to realize that going from a VB to a Neptune is skipping Signature Suite...I don't know how much lower it will go for you from the VB. The passengers in Signature Suites may get the benefit of a lower upsell cost as they're already in the 'higher rent district'.

Remember that just because 20 Neptune suites show as available, that may be only to choose from. It could be that 10 are already sold as guarantees and have not yet been assigned.

You might get a lesser cost upsell to a Signature Suite....

I could never see myself spending that much pp . If you think it won't make much difference to the enjoyment of your cruise, I would stay where you are.

Thank You, Tinknock50. That's exactly the point : I do think it will make a difference with four people in a room which is twice the size, plus suites on Oosterdam have been refurbished, but not the balconies and people have been commenting on wear and tear in balcony cabins. Besides that, we have never been in a suite ( did about 15 cruises). My question is really is it a good deal or we can hold off and do better ( from people's previous experiences)?

You need to realize that going from a VB to a Neptune is skipping Signature Suite...I don't know how much lower it will go for you from the VB. The passengers in Signature Suites may get the benefit of a lower upsell cost as they're already in the 'higher rent district'.

Remember that just because 20 Neptune suites show as available, that may be only to choose from. It could be that 10 are already sold as guarantees and have not yet been assigned.

You might get a lesser cost upsell to a Signature Suite....

Agree with everything you said, have been thinking same thoughts, that's why posted a question here. We actually cannot go to Signature suite because Signature suites can accomadate only up to three people, we are four in a room. In fact, the upsell e-mail came as an offer for Signature Suite for $299 per person (I guess also meaning first two people in a cabin). I had the TA contact HAL and then they offered NS since they can't put our party in Signature Suite. Thank You for your response.

Edited by olya1972

I think you would all be much more comfortable in a neptune suite and the price sounds reasonable. If you can afford it, I would go for it. But, you shouldn't delay because sometimes the offers sell out in a hurry.

Thank You, KAKcruiser.

Think it's possible to get an offer of a Verandah to NS (7 day cruise) for like $200 pp? I know there a lot of variables but wasn't sure if that would just never happen.

Thanks!

By the way...for reference sake (not comparison, because two different ships and itineraries) but our upsell offers from a Signature Suite to Neptune came in at $499/pp, $399/pp and the one we took...$299/pp. This was a 10-night cruise, and less than a day after we got and accepted the $299 offer the Neptunes were sold out.

If you're being offered a Neptune from a regular balcony for $549, that DOES sound like a very good price for an Alaskan itinerary.

We have booked an SC on the Eurodam, leaving in a few weeks. We would much prefer an SA, which would put us closer to the Neptune Lounge. (not very spoiled, I know).

My question---- has anyone ever received an upsell offer from SC to SA? We would be able to pay a little more, just not the entire difference.

Thanks to all you helpful Cruise Critic members for any input.

Not an upsell, but we received an upgrade from SC guarantee to SA which was just two doors forward of the Neptune Lounge. After that suite was assigned there was an upsell offer for a PS. It was about $850 pp (that was Canadian $) but we decided we had enough space in the Neptune suite.

Not an upsell, but we received an upgrade from SC guarantee to SA which was just two doors forward of the Neptune Lounge. After that suite was assigned there was an upsell offer for a PS. It was about $850 pp (that was Canadian $) but we decided we had enough space in the Neptune suite.

Thank you for the response. Would you mind telling me how far in advance of sailing date this happened?

We have booked an SC on the Eurodam, leaving in a few weeks. We would much prefer an SA, which would put us closer to the Neptune Lounge. (not very spoiled, I know).

My question---- has anyone ever received an upsell offer from SC to SA? We would be able to pay a little more, just not the entire difference.

Thanks to all you helpful Cruise Critic members for any input.

Can only speak from my own experience... but we cruised in 2014 and 2015 and booked a SC Neptune as a guarantee. Once on the Eurodam and other was on the Oosterdam. Both cruises our SC was upgraded to a SA, no extra charge. Not sure if that is the norm, but we were lucky. We have an Alaskan cruise at the end of May on the Oosterdam and booked a SC Neptune Suite again as a guarantee, so fingers crossed we get another SA :)

Can only speak from my own experience... but we cruised in 2014 and 2015 and booked a SC Neptune as a guarantee. Once on the Eurodam and other was on the Oosterdam. Both cruises our SC was upgraded to a SA, no extra charge. Not sure if that is the norm, but we were lucky. We have an Alaskan cruise at the end of May on the Oosterdam and booked a SC Neptune Suite again as a guarantee, so fingers crossed we get another SA :)

Reading these last two posts, I'm wondering if I made a mistake booking a specific SC room. Had not done it that way before---- and maybe won't again!