MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

We have a lot in common! I am a nurse in school for a higher degree AND I live in Ohio! I will be getting my MSN officially while we are on the Conquest! 3 years of schooling DONE between BSN and MSN. Takes a long time but feels like it goes fast when it's over! Good luck on your BSN!

Well hello there fellow Ohioan nurse in school! I don't think I'll ever go for my MSN, but who knows. I'm getting too old for this "school" thing. LOL I have 3 more classes to go to finish my BSN: 1 scheduled in the summer, 1 for winter and the last for next spring. However, I am seriously considering taking the summer off (since that's the only one that we can do that without having to reapply-I'm at OU). I still haven't decided yet.

Happy to see another of your wonderful reviews!

7 of my 8 Carnival cruises have been on Conquest class ships , as well as Victory and Triumph which very similar, almost the same. I am pretty used to them by now, but yes, I know the layout takes some time to get used to. Thanks for your review, and looking forward to reading the rest.

Thanks for your comments. I spent 8 days on the Conquest and don't feel like I ever got used to it. :')

This review has not left the pier yet and I am so hoping that Kendra is a part of this cruise and review. She adds the drama, excitement, and review twists that never get old. In a past review, I seem to remember her trying to purchase a monkey in a cruise port. That's pure fun in any cruise review.

Looking forward to the rest of this review Kim!

bruce...

Kendra keeps thing popping that's for sure. She actually got her monkey. It's the same monkey as what she wanted from St Kitts, but she got one here in the US from a breeder that breeds for zoo's. (The monkeys with the blue skin). So, I guess I have a new "granddaughter". LOL She's such a cutie and so playful and attached to Kendra. She goes to the "babysitter" during the day while Kendra's at work (with her daughter who isn't in school yet). They are best of friends.

There's a bit of a trick to it, which works for most slides anywhere.

Lay on your back, arch your back a bit and ride (mostly) on the backs of your ankles and your elbows to reduce friction. It works...almost too well on Conquest's slide, in fact.

I tried the slide the usual way and it WAS kinda slow and draggy....so I invoked the trick.

It was VERY FAST....fast enough that the kid who rode it right before me said I had slid really high up on the last curve. It was so much faster than the first time that the end took me by surprise and I got water up my nose.

Yea, NCL's older ships have these slow slides and I personally have learned the trick. But, Sakari hasn't because we really haven't been on any of the older slides for a few years now that she's gotten older.

I believe that all Conquest class ships are like this. I've been on the Glory twice and the decks/spaces are the same as you mentioned and this area on Deck 10 looks exactly the same. Although, it did take me until the last sea day on my 2nd cruise on her to realize that the smoking section extended all the way to the mid-ship pool loungers! I don't think I ever saw but one or two people smoking in that area and I thought they were breaking the "rules" when I did see them :p

I figured they were probably all the same, but wasn't sure since this is my first time on this class ship.

Is it me or are the tables missing something?? Oh wait I know table clothes...LoL before anyone blast me over the dreaded table clothes debate, I'M JUST JOKING!

:') I don't keep up with things like this usually, but will see it when scrolling the threads sometimes. Who would have thought people would get so uptight over table clothes.

On Conquest, I'm not sure, but it looks like it was a bar at one time. But on the other Conquest Class ships, this area is where the Serenity area is and Serenity has a bar. This definitely looks like it could have been a bar at one point. I can't believe that dome in the middle of the basketball court!!! Liberty doesn't have that there, so plenty of room for basketball (and volleyball). I don't know about Glory or Valor though. We also had a hard time finding the deck where the funnel/mini golf are at. It was actually our third cruise on a Conquest class that we figured it out. But we weren't looking very hard either.

I know you do this for every cruise you go on, but it's so nice to finally see a lot of pictures of the interior of Conquest and she's not a bad looking ship. Conquest is one of the two Conquest class we have not been on yet. We've been on Glory, Valor, and Liberty twice, so I can visualize very well with your pictures and the exact locations. As usual, I am really enjoying following along and looking forward to the rest. We've never been to DR, A or C either and this is an itinerary my hubby would like to do. It's the numerous sea days that have me hesitating, but your review could push me in that direction. Did you see that on some sailings in 2018 (April - August), they've added Dominica on Fascination's itinerary out of San Juan? Six ports, no sea day. I'm working on some major arm twisting of hubby. We also love beaches and aren't into the toury stuff. Maybe someday but not now.

This area is in the front where the kids club is. So, it wouldn't be (or have been a part) for serenity. It was just an odd place and there's really nothing around there so it's weird that they have anything there at all.

6 PORTS AND NO SEA DAY???? Seriously? Wow! Hmm....I may consider that for 2018 Spring Break (on a side note~this just may kill me...lol). I haven't checked sailing for any cruises. I wanted to get this one done and decided after I get back on the next. I can only function with one thing at a time these days. Just too much going on. ;p

Ummm...apparently there were 2 different Conquests that did this itinerary last week because the one that I was on didn't seem to have a retractable roof over this area! I wish I was on the same ship that you were on because I would have LOVED to have seen this!!!! Darnit!!!!

I'm going back to lurker mode but before I do, I will add that my kids love arcades . We go to the boardwalk at home often to play in the arcades. Only reason we didn't play in the one on the Conquest was because it was small and whenever I thought it was a good time to go, it was too crowded. Again, we obviously were on the other Conquest sailing last week lololol.

Great review!! Keep it coming!

Do you have some lingering affects to the alcohol or gambling from the last night? LOL Did you seriously not see the roof retracted in the afternoons and evenings? Sakari caught most of the pictures one DAY as they were closing it, but I think you guys had already left for a "nap" for the munchkin. It's pretty cool to watch.

Did you go all the way into the arcade? Or just look at the entrance hallway area? It went down that hall and around the corner. I personally thought it was pretty big compared to most I see on ships. You sure we were on the same cruise? :p

BTW...you see what pgh just posted about the 2018 Fascination cruise??? Thoughts? Plans? :D

Few questions as I board this ship in 8 days!!! YIPPEE!!!

Build A Bear I only saw for one day.......that was it? And how were the prices for Build A Bear?

As far as the photos......how much were the photos that you bought? I love that at 3 photos you get a free 8x8 Shutterfly book. I do a book for every trip and just curious if you make your money back on that one.

They had the BAB for a few days that I know of. We paid $24 (?) I think it was for a turtle that we bought. It's a little different than the one's we've done before. In the past, the kids picked the skin and was given the stuffing and they stuffed it. This, you picked a skin and THEY stuffed it with a machine (just like at the land BAB shops) and that was pretty much it. They did have clothing...but with Sakari, clothing is optional on herself most days, so she also strips the clothing off her BAB's....I don't invest in that anymore, so don't know the pricing.

Photo's are 11.99, 14.99 and 19.99??? I honestly can't remember and would have to dig out my receipts. I always estimate $150 for photos when cruising, so I honestly don't pay attention to the actual price. Yes, I do the shutterfly photo books for every cruise as well (AND a scrapbook of my own...whew).

Well hello there fellow Ohioan nurse in school! I don't think I'll ever go for my MSN, but who knows. I'm getting too old for this "school" thing. LOL I have 3 more classes to go to finish my BSN: 1 scheduled in the summer, 1 for winter and the last for next spring. However, I am seriously considering taking the summer off (since that's the only one that we can do that without having to reapply-I'm at OU). I still haven't decided yet.

They had the BAB for a few days that I know of. We paid $24 (?) I think it was for a turtle that we bought. It's a little different than the one's we've done before. In the past, the kids picked the skin and was given the stuffing and they stuffed it. This, you picked a skin and THEY stuffed it with a machine (just like at the land BAB shops) and that was pretty much it. They did have clothing...but with Sakari, clothing is optional on herself most days, so she also strips the clothing off her BAB's....I don't invest in that anymore, so don't know the pricing.

Photo's are 11.99, 14.99 and 19.99??? I honestly can't remember and would have to dig out my receipts. I always estimate $150 for photos when cruising, so I honestly don't pay attention to the actual price. Yes, I do the shutterfly photo books for every cruise as well (AND a scrapbook of my own...whew).

I am going to University of Phoenix. I just figured while I was going back to school, may as well do the whole kit and kaboodle while I have the motivation. Literally I got an email the other day "Graduation is looming, wouldn't it feel good to have "Doctor" by your name?" Ummmmm.....no. It absolutely is NOT on my radar. Holy crap. I've just spent 3 years of my free time doing school work. I'm done. Time to get a job! I've worked bedside for 11 years, I'm ready for a "desk" job ;) I love teaching though. Actually just interviewed today for a professor position teaching maternity for a local college. Graduation in 8 days while I'm on the Conquest. I don't blame you for wanting time off! You'll be done before you know it!

I'm glad to hear about BAB. Prices sound comparable. Was there a Carnival specific animal? We also have naked stuffed animals. Sometimes those clothes are more money than my own childrens' clothes!

Price sounds good on the photos. I'd love one of the whole family. Sounds like a good deal. Buy three photos and get a free Shutterfly book? I'm in. I would have paid for the book anyways, and now I can get pictures printed as well.

Thanks for the information!

Do you have some lingering affects to the alcohol or gambling from the last night? LOL Did you seriously not see the roof retracted in the afternoons and evenings? Sakari caught most of the pictures one DAY as they were closing it, but I think you guys had already left for a "nap" for the munchkin. It's pretty cool to watch.

Did you go all the way into the arcade? Or just look at the entrance hallway area? It went down that hall and around the corner. I personally thought it was pretty big compared to most I see on ships. You sure we were on the same cruise? :p

BTW...you see what pgh just posted about the 2018 Fascination cruise??? Thoughts? Plans? :D

The last night?? How about the other 7 days/nights? Definitely disembarked that ship with far fewer brain cells ;p. But seriously, I didn't know that the aft pool had a retractable roof or else I would have made a special trip there in the evening to see it. As it was, every night with "big munchkin" wanting to go to comedy every day at 7:30 and then show in Talouse Latrec and then dinner at MDR...it was then time to pick "lil munchkin" from kids club by 10 and get them both to bed. No time to wander around and discover aft pool area w/ retractable roof because my stools at Zillion Gators and Hot Roll would miss me too much if I were too late!

Oh oops, when I said the arcade was small, I meant in comparison to land arcades. Yes, it was big as far as cruise ship arcades go. But I still don't believe we were on the same ship!! lol

I saw that post about the Fascination and almost shed a tear :loudcry:. I REALLY want to go to Dominica. I've heard nothing but wonderful things. Our Aug trip is pretty much set in stone at this point (we've even bought our airline tix). But I'm not opposed to doing it again in 2018 when they add that port. Maybe spring break again?? You know how to get in touch with me if you want to do it. Was thinking of doing Panama Canal during that time but everything's up in the air at this point

edited to add: I'm just seeing that you already said you may consider it for spring break next year. Awesome....we'll chat. Michaela was not thrilled about the Panama Canal idea because she knew that meant no Sakari, lol

Edited by Thrilled2012

Hi Kim, I'm so excited to see your review, haven't started reading it yet, I will tonight, my next cruise will be on the Conquest, different itinerary tho, did your itinerary aboard the Breeze a few yrs back

Yes, they do have them. They are located at the mid ship Venus Pool between the Blue Iguana Cantina, and the Blue Iguana Tequila Bar.

IMG_2172-XL.jpg

Jamman, this is where we always sit. There are usually lounge chairs there and if not, we just pull some over. Gotta find a different spot in January I guess!!! :confused:

I am going to University of Phoenix. I just figured while I was going back to school, may as well do the whole kit and kaboodle while I have the motivation. Literally I got an email the other day "Graduation is looming, wouldn't it feel good to have "Doctor" by your name?" Ummmmm.....no. It absolutely is NOT on my radar. Holy crap. I've just spent 3 years of my free time doing school work. I'm done. Time to get a job! I've worked bedside for 11 years, I'm ready for a "desk" job ;) I love teaching though. Actually just interviewed today for a professor position teaching maternity for a local college. Graduation in 8 days while I'm on the Conquest. I don't blame you for wanting time off! You'll be done before you know it!

I'm glad to hear about BAB. Prices sound comparable. Was there a Carnival specific animal? We also have naked stuffed animals. Sometimes those clothes are more money than my own childrens' clothes!

Price sounds good on the photos. I'd love one of the whole family. Sounds like a good deal. Buy three photos and get a free Shutterfly book? I'm in. I would have paid for the book anyways, and now I can get pictures printed as well.

Thanks for the information!

I always thought the doctor at the end of my name would sound pretty awesome...I just don't wanna do the work to obtain it at this point. I'm so burned out! I'm so thrilled for you to graduate soon. Nice way to graduate (on a ship). :D Fingers crossed you get the professor job.

I want to say there might have been a Freddie BAB up there??? But Sakari had her heart set on the turtle, so I didn't really pay attention to the others because I didn't need to help her pick it out. (I'm going to go check my pictures and maybe I took some pics of them). ....nope, I didn't take pics of the actual display of "bears". Darn! The day we went was on Tuesday (La Romana port day).

The last night?? How about the other 7 days/nights? Definitely disembarked that ship with far fewer brain cells ;p. But seriously, I didn't know that the aft pool had a retractable roof or else I would have made a special trip there in the evening to see it. As it was, every night with "big munchkin" wanting to go to comedy every day at 7:30 and then show in Talouse Latrec and then dinner at MDR...it was then time to pick "lil munchkin" from kids club by 10 and get them both to bed. No time to wander around and discover aft pool area w/ retractable roof because my stools at Zillion Gators and Hot Roll would miss me too much if I were too late!

Oh oops, when I said the arcade was small, I meant in comparison to land arcades. Yes, it was big as far as cruise ship arcades go. But I still don't believe we were on the same ship!! lol

I saw that post about the Fascination and almost shed a tear :loudcry:. I REALLY want to go to Dominica. I've heard nothing but wonderful things. Our Aug trip is pretty much set in stone at this point (we've even bought our airline tix). But I'm not opposed to doing it again in 2018 when they add that port. Maybe spring break again?? You know how to get in touch with me if you want to do it. Was thinking of doing Panama Canal during that time but everything's up in the air at this point

edited to add: I'm just seeing that you already said you may consider it for spring break next year. Awesome....we'll chat. Michaela was not thrilled about the Panama Canal idea because she knew that meant no Sakari, lol

LOL on the brain cells. This will be the first cruise that I didn't drink (well, we had 1 this time around and that was our "free" Carnival drink). That's the one thing I like about sailing with NCL and the free booze package.

They actually retracted the roof in the back during the day too. The day we were there they did it (when Sakari took the pics...it was still light out).

I think your Zillion Gators stool stayed pretty cold when you weren't around. ;p It didn't like me this cruise...darnit.

Yea, I know the August cruise (and land vaca) is set in stone. But...I'm not opposed to doing it in 2018 for sure! Hopefully our Spring Break is in April again (since that's when that itinerary starts). If so...it's a definite for me! We will definitely find a fall cruise this year too, since you are flexible.

Hi Kim, I'm so excited to see your review, haven't started reading it yet, I will tonight, my next cruise will be on the Conquest, different itinerary tho, did your itinerary aboard the Breeze a few yrs back

Thanks so much and glad you are excited to read the review. Hopefully I keep you entertained.

The sweet potato fries are so good! And quite the bargain at $2! Make a great midnight snack. ☺️

It's funny I have never tried sweet potato fries. I don't like sweet potato's, so I just can't bring myself to try them yet.

It's funny I have never tried sweet potato fries. I don't like sweet potato's, so I just can't bring myself to try them yet.

Me neither! BLEK! I especially don't like them when, usually at Thanksgiving, they have marshmallows on them. It took me forever to give the fries a try. I was like a child the first time. Closing my eyes and everything (as if not seeing it would make it taste better).

Give 'em a shot. They might surprise you! And if you don't like them, at least you tried :halo:

Kim, the Conquest Class aft pool roof can close while cruising, but, for some reason the Spirit Class (ie. Pride) over the mid-ship pool cannot. I don't know why ... you would think it would be the same, but, I guess not!

I read that when Conquest goes into dry-dock she'll be getting the serenity in the typical area forward, the empty bar area you showed in the picture. No word, that I'm aware of, regarding them getting waterworks like Glory (her sister ship) did.

On with the rest of our day.

After going to the room, dropping our things off and meeting our room steward, we decided to roam around for a little bit and take pictures...then head upstairs to see what kind of tantalizing grub they had on the buffet menu for us.

We tried a few different items and I have to say I was pretty disappointed in the taste. It was pretty bland. We did play it safe with a salad and that ended up being our lunch this time around. The hubby agreed that he didn't think our choices had much flavor.

P4150101%20copy-L.jpg

As you see in the picture above, we were still nursing our pop from the port area. If you want to grab a bottle before getting on the ship, it will set you back $2.25.

We finished our scrumptious bunny food by 2pm and went off to explore (let's be honest...take pictures) again.

We headed to Camp Carnival to sign Sakari up for fun times ahead during the cruise. She seems to enjoy going and I'm going to milk it for as long as I can. I know there will be a time in her life that she will no longer want to go there...I have a feeling it will be soon.

I had daddy entertain her while I signed her up.

P4150200%20copy-L.jpg

She always like the younger kids area the most. I think because there's more toys and more things geared toward "animals".

P4150202%20copy-L.jpg

One thing about this cruise that I haven't mentioned...IT'S A SAKARI BIRTHDAY CRUISE AND SHE HAD NO IDEA!!! She has complained for the last several years that she never gets to go on a cruise for her birthday and daddy goes on his every year. Last year was the first year that I got to do a birthday cruise, but never her. So, we got VERY LUCKY that her Spring Break fell during her birthday this time and I was so excited to "not" tell her. She knows the date of her birthday, she just didn't realize the current date.

I informed the staff about her birthday and told them it was a surprise and she doesn't know. They said she could be in the Stingray group until her birthday and then change to the sharks. I reiterated that I DID NOT want them to tell her about her upcoming birthday.

When it was time for our safety drill, we headed to our assigned zone...as late as possible I might add. This is one time that I would like Kendra's "skills" to rub off on me. Arrive late, not as much time wasted standing in line forever. Well, we were happy to see that the lines outside were formed about 5 people deep already. Yep, this will do!

I did want to mention that at this safety drill, there wasn't anyone to "check" you in. They had no idea who was present and who didn't show. That was weird!!

We waited and waited and before long, WE became the middle of the line. Sigh! It was so hot outside. People were sticky, sweaty and it was very uncomfortable. I had a lady in front of me that couldn't stay still and was weaving back and forth. I tried my best to keep her from stepping on my tootsies.

We knew this didn't seem like a good situation for many out there. We were right. Before long, there was an elderly gentleman that passed out behind us, hit his head on the way down, then down on the floor he went. It's really ridiculous how long they keep you there...even after the drill is over.

This is 2017! There is absolutely NO NEED to continue to have these drills outside on the deck in the heat. NCL has them inside, in the A/C in places like the theater, casino, big venue places. Carnivals safety drills is one of the worse I have experienced.

We hiked back to our room to see if our luggage had came.

When we arrived at our luxurious interior cabin accommodations, our luggage was there and I tucked our items away in each area that I could find that was appropriate for the item. Then I noticed it was after 4pm (sailaway time) and dropped the unpacking ritual like a hot potato and told the crew "we're heading out!".

We made it up to deck 10-11 and we weren't moving yet. We waited and waited and nothing. I was told by another passenger that we would not be leaving until 6pm. Well crap, I could have finished packing if I knew that.

We hung out for awhile and then we finally started pulling out at 6:17pm (according to the picture I took of my watch).

P4150232%20copy-L.jpg

P4150214%20copy-L.jpg

P4150228%20copy-L.jpg

P4150229%20copy-L.jpg

P4150213%20copy-L.jpg

P4150235%20copy-L.jpg

P4150236%20copy-L.jpg

P4150240%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari noticed that they were dancing down at the pool deck and wanted to head down there. She loves to dance at the sail away parties.

P4150226%20copy-L.jpg

P4150227%20copy-L.jpg

Since most on cc knows our family...and especially Sakari, it didn't take long before we were spotted! Thrillednow2017 came over to confirm my identity. Thrilled and I had been talking before the cruise and her daughters Spring Break was the same time as Sakari's and low and behold, they both love to draw! We knew immediately that the girls would hit it off and she booked the same cruise. I'm so happy she did. She's amazing and we really got to know each other on the cruise and hopefully will have many other cruises together.

We talked for awhile and the dancing died down and I knew I had to get back to unpacking and get dressed for dinner. At this point we were all starving and the bunny food had worn off.

We dressed for dinner and headed to the MDR. Like always, we ended up at the wrong MDR and had to figure out how to get to the other one.

Of course with this wacky layout, we ended up on the top floor of dining and also at the wrong end. Yep, we were cutting through and down. Ain't no one got time for figuring out this maze when you're hungry. We were seated right away (7pm) once we arrived at the right entrance and floor.

We sat for about 15 minutes before they acknowledged that we were there and were given a menu.

P4150244%20copy-L.jpg

P4150243%20copy-L.jpg

We had 2 waiters: a male and a female. Immediately the water pouring commenced and our hatred for water showed when we stopped them and presented our "bubbles" card and ask for pop. The pop arrived super fast and I was shocked because we have never received our drinks this fast...on ANY cruise, on any line. Hmm, progress is being made. Or was it?

Nope, that was the end of the progress. We waited forever to order and then after we did, we waited forever for our food.

P4150242%20copy-L.jpg

The photographer came around and took our dinner picture. Oh great another one I'll have to buy.

P4240007%20copy-L.jpg

I ordered the Quesadilla to start with. The hubby wanted one, but he does not like guacamole and ask for it on the side. Of course they informed him that everything is premade and ready to serve and they would not be able to make any accommodations to the food. Of course I am aware of the premade food, but we have had "changes" with no problems before. He decided to get the tomato soup instead. Sakari loves soup, so she picked the "Corn Chowder Maryland" because the description said "Potatoes, oregano, cream". Well, it was like creamed corn and none of us like that, so that was not a good choice for her (or us).

When the quesadilla came, look at the guacamole...there's a smithering on there. You couldn't even taste it. The hubby would have been fine with it...only...

P4150245%20copy-L.jpg

Inside of it was black beans and they tasted, smelled and looked burnt. The outside shell was pretty hard. On the ends it wasn't really edible. It just wasn't very good.

More waiting before our main course came. Meanwhile, someone I assume that was "important"...more important than Mitsugirly on this cruise, came in, they seated him, immediately he was swarmed with everything he needed, double drinks, appetizers, wine, dinner, desert and we are still waiting...

I ordered the sweet and sour shrimp and rice because I have had it many times before and knew that I liked it. To me, it's really good when you first start, but after about two of them, it's just not appealing anymore. But, that's just me. The rice was kind of bland this time around too. It would have been nice to have some soy sauce or something. They did not bring my sauce and I had to request it twice before it appeared on my table. The hubby also ordered the shrimp (he's allergic to seafood...just kidding, but this has been his story to me since we first met and I have converted him to a shrimp lover).

P4150246%20copy-L.jpg

Sakari ordered the chicken and from the looks of her plate, it must have been good.

[color=DarkOrchid)

With that said...I hope you enjoy the review. :cool:

[/font][/color][/color][/font][/size]

Hi Mitsugurly aka Kim (hope I got this right)[emoji4]

Just wanted to say that you have found yet another fan in a faraway land of 🥝 , Kiwis and kiwis ;)

I am loving your riting style, sense of humour and pictures! I have never been in Caribbeans or on Carnaval cruises and yet am totally loving it! People like you make the world a better place to live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also played it safe with the bacon mac & cheese. This stuff is so yummy and if it involves cheese, I'm all for it. It did not disappoint!

P4150247%20copy-L.jpg

The pop was flowing fast during the meal...well, it was the only thing flowing fast other than the wind we felt every time the waiters passed us to help Mr Important at the table beside us. However, I do have to bring up something about Mr I. They brought out his wine in the (not hip on the terminology) glass container they use to measure it, and didn't have a glass to pour it in. I kid you not, the waiter walked over to the table on the opposite side of us and grabbed an unused glass off the table that the family just left after eating. Now it wasn't used, but I bet they touched them when they moved them out of the way and it just really put me off when they grabbed a glass off a dirty table.

For desert, I had the chocolate melting cake and ice cream, Sakari had the fruit plate and the hubs had some type of contraption that he seen the family next to us have before they left.

P4150250%20copy-L.jpg

P4150251%20copy-L.jpg

Mine was good, Sakari enjoyed hers, the hubby...not so much.

This entire dining experience is one of the longest experiences I have ever had on any ship. It was a total of 2 hours and 15 minutes!! That's a little ridiculous for "premade food".

We headed to the library and decided to play a game. One of the things I don't like about Carnival is the kids club is not open on the first night of the cruise like NCL. So, we are forced to try to entertain an 8 year old, confined to a ship, without her own toys or familiar surroundings.

There were a lot of games in the library...but here's the problem...I would say that 80% of all the pieces were missing to all the games. From dice, cards, game pieces, boards. They would have several of the same game, but not enough pieces to play.

We managed to find a few "Sorry" games and were able to combine several games together to be able to play.

Sakari and I battled it out and it came down to each of us in the same position in our "home" area, trying to win. She won! She's very competitive at times...especially when it's against me and trust me, I show her no mercy (like daddy will).

P4150252%20copy-L.jpg

Ok, it's storming here really bad and I'm afraid we may lose electricity. So, I'm going to stop for the night and I'll finish up Day 1 first thing in the morning.

It's been a long day and we painted for several hours tonight. My back aches and my head hurts from the fumes. Night night time for me.

Originally posted by cainlr
Following along as I am addicted to your reviews, like everyone else. The first review I read of yours was of the Fascination out of San Juan. I have a list of all you did on that cruise and checking out which ones will be right for us. Thanks for all the great reviews you do.

Aww thanks. If the first review was the Fascination, you have a lot of catching up to do. ;p I hope you are able to find something that suits your families needs on the PR cruise. It's an amazing itinerary.

Reply:

I am trying to catch up! I read your cruise reviews after the Fascination then started going back in time reading others. Your daughter is getting younger and younger by going backwards. Wish I could turn back time some days. We did the PR route back when it was 7 ports in 7 days and loved it. Our cruise is not until Nov, so your reviews are keeping me going until then--Louise

Wow, 2 hours in the MDR?! From your description it appears to have not been worth it at all.

One of the reasons I've yet to do a Carnival cruise is that I've heard from friends and family who have that the food isn't that great. I know this is subjective, but my hubby is a huge foodie and this would be a big deal for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Me neither! BLEK! I especially don't like them when, usually at Thanksgiving, they have marshmallows on them. It took me forever to give the fries a try. I was like a child the first time. Closing my eyes and everything (as if not seeing it would make it taste better).

Give 'em a shot. They might surprise you! And if you don't like them, at least you tried

Haha about closing your eyes (should have pinched off your nose instead for the taste :D). Maybe some day I'll try them.

Kim, the Conquest Class aft pool roof can close while cruising, but, for some reason the Spirit Class (ie. Pride) over the mid-ship pool cannot. I don't know why ... you would think it would be the same, but, I guess not!

I read that when Conquest goes into dry-dock she'll be getting the serenity in the typical area forward, the empty bar area you showed in the picture. No word, that I'm aware of, regarding them getting waterworks like Glory (her sister ship) did.

Ok oh...so the back can on the Conquest class ships, but not the middle on the Spirit Class. Got it. I wonder what the difference is.

I honestly can't imagine them using that bar area I was referring to for serenity...it's right outside the kids club and the outside play area, unless they are going to relocate Camp Carnival. Also, this are is VERY small. Not many people would fit there. It's just an odd area.

Hi Mitsugurly aka Kim (hope I got this right)[emoji4]

Just wanted to say that you have found yet another fan in a faraway land of 🥝 , Kiwis and kiwis

I am loving your riting style, sense of humour and pictures! I have never been in Caribbeans or on Carnaval cruises and yet am totally loving it! People like you make the world a better place to live!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, you got it right. Where is this land of Kiwis? Never heard of it.

Thanks for the awesome comments. I appreciate it.

I. enjoyed the entire tour tour! There really is a lot of art on that ship!

Yes, there is a lot of art work! It's everywhere.

You're doing a great job! Love the decor of the ship. I think the new ships are bland for the most part.

Thanks

Originally posted by cainlr Following along as I am addicted to your reviews, like everyone else. The first review I read of yours was of the Fascination out of San Juan. I have a list of all you did on that cruise and checking out which ones will be right for us. Thanks for all the great reviews you do.

Reply:

I am trying to catch up! I read your cruise reviews after the Fascination then started going back in time reading others. Your daughter is getting younger and younger by going backwards. Wish I could turn back time some days. We did the PR route back when it was 7 ports in 7 days and loved it. Our cruise is not until Nov, so your reviews are keeping me going until then--Louise

LOL, on getting younger and younger for Sakari. That means I'm getting skinnier and skinnier. This could work for me! :p

Oh wow, 7 port in 7 days. That's crazy!

Wow, 2 hours in the MDR?! From your description it appears to have not been worth it at all.

One of the reasons I've yet to do a Carnival cruise is that I've heard from friends and family who have that the food isn't that great. I know this is subjective, but my hubby is a huge foodie and this would be a big deal for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea, over 2 hours for a dinner that wasn't that great definitely wasn't work it to us. But...what else did we have to do? We weren't in a hurry...just hungry. :eek:

After playing our game, it was going on 10pm. When we signed Sakari up for Camp Carnival, Sakari had begged to come back that night. I always hate breaking it to her that they are not open on the first night like NCL. But, the counselors informed me that they did have the "after hours" sitting services that night.

I normally do not do after hours sittings UNLESS the following day is a sea day. We won't stay out late enough to make it worth it if we have to get up early the following day. However, tomorrow was a sea day, so I agreed that she could go.

Even though it wasn't time to take the kids yet, they told us she could go ahead and play and we could go with her. So, play she did.

P4150253%20copy-L.jpg

At 10pm, we signed her in and she was the only kid in there. I kept asking if she was sure she wanted to go and she said yes. We walked away hoping that other kids would show up too.

Off to the casino we went to donate some money. We each started with our normal $20 a piece. We did pretty good that night and didn't have to donate anymore. I did find a "Bubble Gum" game that I really liked. I instantly made friends with a couple that was playing and we all had a blast cheering each other on for the bonus round (which hit A LOT).

We headed out at 12 midnight, with an increase in our piggy bank, and picked up the munchkin from Camp Carnival. They told us that 2 other girls and 1 boy did show up that night so...she wasn't alone after all.

We headed back to our "home" and were greeted with this towel animal and our fun times for tomorrow.

P4150255%20copy-L.jpg

I reminded the hubby that we needed to sign up for the internet service tonight and I sat down to do so. After getting signed on, he signed me off and was prepared to do a little work before going to bed.

Then....the bad news struck....:mad:

Kolin (my youngest son) always runs the store while we are on vacation. He messaged us to let us know that the police had just shown up at our HOUSE to tell him that the store was just broken in to. The alarm went off at 11:57pm and they were immediately dispatched and there within minutes. They found several "chunks of blacktop and stones" were thrown through the glass and the kids entered the store and was out in minutes.

Oh geesh...just what you need when you are on vacation and many miles (or countries) away. The frantic-ness started immediately while we tried to ask Kolin questions about what was going on, to count the bikes, count the scooters, count everything...WHAT IS THERE STILL??? Delayed reactions is what we kept getting and the frustration was building. We got bits and pieces from him (we later found out that he was with the police at the store at that point). We ask for pictures (the hubs had just received a new delivery of bmx bikes the day before we left and knew how many were on display, how many were put together on the showroom floor and how many were still in boxes) of the store and the broken glass...and we all we got was "I'm not sure, there's maybe 6 left"....WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU'RE NOT SURE??? COUNT THEM! TAKE PICTURES AND SEND THEM TO ME! It was a frustrating night of trying to get answers. On top of that, we had a busted glass door for others to come in. Then for about 30 minutes...we had silence. No response, no nothing. It felt like eternity at that point. We both looked at each other at one point and agreed that no matter what, we were still on vacation, there's absolutely NOTHING that we can do ourselves, and we were not going to let this ruin our vacation. So we waited...and waited...then finally a response. The landlord of the building came out at 1am and boarded up the door, the police took the report, Kolin didn't count the bikes or take pictures of the place and he was now at home in his bed. :o He could only confirm that there were bikes missing, possible scooters missing, computers and registers were still there and skateboards and other equipment/parts seem to be still in place.

It was a very rough sleeping night for us of course. Just too much on our minds. (n) Not the way you want to start out a vacation for sure.

THIS CONCLUDES DAY 1

I woke up this morning to the crashing of the thunder storms continuing since last night. It's a dark and dreary day, so I'm going to try to take this time to work on getting my pictures together for Day 2. I would hate the thought of trying to post and the electric go out. Until the storms stop, I'll work on pictures and be back when it dies down a little.

Our complimentary pond/lake of water they provide each time we return below. Everyone knows how I feel about water, but I'm trying to get better. I actually brought my "grape flavored/added caffeine powder with me this time for water. My son swears this is the best tasting water he has ever had (and he works at a grocery store and has tried it all).

Wait...which drink powder includes caffeine? I need one with caffeine.