MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ I had your cruise marked on one of my calendars so am so happy to get in here early!(y)

Wow, Conquest sure is a lot more colourful than the new Carnival ships I've been on!

I'm sailing a different itinerary in Oct on Conquest so loving seeing the ship pictures.

BTW I hope you told Sakari your next cruise is Oct 14 on NCL Escape, right?!;p

Enjoying your review as usual & looking forward to the rest. Thanks for getting at it soooo quickly!

~ Jo ~ :)

I've gotta admit, this is going to be hard for me. I love your reviews and your gorgeous photos, but I've been fortunate enough to read almost all of them after you've finished them. Having to be patient and wait for you to post each installment just might kill me, but I know the anticipation will totally be worth it!

Same with me! I've run through ALL of them the last month!

Thanks for taking the time to read almost all of my reviews. I know it takes a lot of time and dedication to be able to do that. Welcome

Sorry I made it sound so negative! I just meant I recently found "you" and all your helpful information, so I'm going backwards from your latest to your earliest. :)

First, let me say I always love your reviews and watching your little "Mermaid"! We are especially interested as we'll be on the Conquest for the second time next month.

They are Quaker Parrots and have wild colonies in Brooklyn, Chicago and many in Florida - amazing, as they are Amazon parrots. They are the only parrots that build a nest in the wild and actually build "condo" nests with whole colonies in one big nest. They are brilliant talkers and very loving parrots, although they usually bond with one or two people only. I had my Jake for over 18 years when he died of heart disease - they usually will live 35+ years in captivity and I miss him terribly. Because of our age, we will no longer have parrots as they live too long generally, but Quakers are very popular and such special birds. Expand my sig to see Jake.

Thanks so much for the explanation on the Quaker Parrots. They are so beautiful and although I didn't know what they were Sakari did (she spends many hours on youtube watching them). How precious Jake was! I'm so sorry that he only made it 18 years. Birds have such unique personalities. Kendra had a umbrella cockatiel for many years and he was so talkative with such a bold personality. We had a white cockatiel and he loved to dance and sing. They can be amazing pets for sure.

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ I had your cruise marked on one of my calendars so am so happy to get in here early!(y)

Wow, Conquest sure is a lot more colourful than the new Carnival ships I've been on!

I'm sailing a different itinerary in Oct on Conquest so loving seeing the ship pictures.

BTW I hope you told Sakari your next cruise is Oct 14 on NCL Escape, right?!;p

Enjoying your review as usual & looking forward to the rest. Thanks for getting at it soooo quickly!

~ Jo ~ :)

Hiya Jo! Glad you could make it over to this review! I haven't told Sakari about the Escape yet. :') I still gotta make up my mind about this summer. hehe

Same with me! I've run through ALL of them the last month!

You must have a lot o will power to be able to get through my ramblings. LOL :D

Sorry I made it sound so negative! I just meant I recently found "you" and all your helpful information, so I'm going backwards from your latest to your earliest. :)

Oh no, no, no. I didn't think of it as negative at all. I was actually making fun of the thought of you making the comment that you had read almost all of them and starting with the Fascination, which was only 3 cruises ago, I was laughing inside thinking "man, she is in for a shocker when she finds out just how many more she has to go".

Yay, it's here. Ready to enjoy another fabulous review.

Wow ,the Conquest truly is colourful. The Liberty is the same class, but, much nicer in decor, not quite so loud! We found the dinning rooms confusing at times too. Not all do, but I like the stadium seating on the Lido. You can see, be involved, but don't need to be smack dab in the middle of it all.

Yay, it's here. Ready to enjoy another fabulous review.

Wow ,the Conquest truly is colourful. The Liberty is the same class, but, much nicer in decor, not quite so loud! We found the dinning rooms confusing at times too. Not all do, but I like the stadium seating on the Lido. You can see, be involved, but don't need to be smack dab in the middle of it all.

Thanks for joining in. The dinning rooms were just so annoying and the layout of the ship I really didn't care for. Another issue is us being on the 1st floor and walking straight up put us at the MDR that we COULDN'T go to because it wasn't the ATD restaurant.

I'm enjoying your ship tour. Our good friends sailed on Conquest, and had plenty of wonderful stories about their cruise, but, if you can imagine this, NO PICTURES! :eek: I'm so glad to finally see what they were talking about!

Yes, I knew you would find it impossible to imagine coming home from a cruise with no pictures - thank goodness! I, for one, really appreciate you and all of your pictures! :cool:

Video Arcade: I say this every review...do people really use these? I have yet to hardly ever see anyone in here actually playing the games. I see people walking in and looking around, like I do, but I never see anyone actually playing video games anymore. I still think back to the 80's when this was VERY popular and they were opening up arcade's in the shopping malls. You never see anything like this out in the "real world" (at least anywhere I go) and it still has me scratching my head wondering if people still play these?

My son does and he's been lucky! We give him $10/day to spend in the arcade. When he was 11 he won an iPad mini and the next year he won a PS4!

Video Arcade: I say this every review...do people really use these? I have yet to hardly ever see anyone in here actually playing the games. I see people walking in and looking around, like I do, but I never see anyone actually playing video games anymore. I still think back to the 80's when this was VERY popular and they were opening up arcade's in the shopping malls. You never see anything like this out in the "real world" (at least anywhere I go) and it still has me scratching my head wondering if people still play these?

My family and I do every cruise. I hope they don't replace them.

P4150162%20copy-L.jpg

P4150167%20copy-L.jpg

The decor is so gaudy looking compared to NCL. We normally sail Carnival but our last two cruise we've been on the Breakaway. I much prefer the more sophisticated decor of NCL. Some of these pictures seem over the top! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the decor the Conquest, yes it is over the top, but that is the Italian "Artist" Farcus who Carnival had design all the Conquest class ships. His interiors are unique, to say the least. Conquest is very French Impressionish-Post impressionist, which is interesting to me, as an artist. I love his themes. (Liberty is more of a Medieval Castle Garden them - lots of stone and trellis designs, very pretty), (Glory is more Sailing theme with boats and anchors and ropes, etc), Freedom is like a psychodelic 70s party. LOL We are doing the Freedom again next month.

Keep the great review coming.... we love it!

My kids use the arcade. Not their favorite but they don't really care for many of the kid type activities on board. It's been a couple of years so I'll see this time around now that they are older (14 and 16). But my son won an X-Box One and my other son won an iPad mini in the arcade.

I like the decor the Conquest, yes it is over the top, but that is the Italian "Artist" Farcus who Carnival had design all the Conquest class ships. His interiors are unique, to say the least. Conquest is very French Impressionish-Post impressionist, which is interesting to me, as an artist. I love his themes. (Liberty is more of a Medieval Castle Garden them - lots of stone and trellis designs, very pretty), (Glory is more Sailing theme with boats and anchors and ropes, etc), Freedom is like a psychodelic 70s party. LOL We are doing the Freedom again next month.

Keep the great review coming.... we love it!

I think I would love the Medieval castle theme of the Liberty. I've been on the Glory three times and loved the nautical theme. I guess this French Impressionist is not my style at all. I didn't know they were all themed differently. This has to be my least favorite. The Splendor was over the top pink, pink, pink which took some getting used to. We sail on the Vista in June and after looking at pictures, it seems like it's decor is more like NCL. More classical and reserved. A change for Carnival for sure.

How was the piano bar, did you go in the evenings at all? Did it ever look busy?

My group is big on Piano bars and am really hoping this one does not disappoint!

And this is by far the best review i've ever read through. Knew i could count on an Ohioan for the best!!

We had the same room steward on the Paradise in January, and other than the first day when he introduced himself, we never saw him again, not even in the hallways. He did a good job cleaning the cabin twice a day, but I think my daughter ticked him off because she would put the bunk up in the morning to give us more room to walk around the cabin. Interestingly enough, we were never asked if we wanted the room cleaned morning, evening or both. He just automatically cleaned it twice a day.

I'm enjoying your ship tour. Our good friends sailed on Conquest, and had plenty of wonderful stories about their cruise, but, if you can imagine this, NO PICTURES! :eek: I'm so glad to finally see what they were talking about!

Yes, I knew you would find it impossible to imagine coming home from a cruise with no pictures - thank goodness! I, for one, really appreciate you and all of your pictures! :cool:

Wait, what? No pictures???? Insane! :')

My son does and he's been lucky! We give him $10/day to spend in the arcade. When he was 11 he won an iPad mini and the next year he won a PS4!

Wow, go him! That's amazing!

Sorry I got in your pic. At least it's my good side. :)

P4221766%20copy-L.jpg

LOL.

The decor is so gaudy looking compared to NCL. We normally sail Carnival but our last two cruise we've been on the Breakaway. I much prefer the more sophisticated decor of NCL. Some of these pictures seem over the top! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, it's a little over the top sometimes. But the older the ship, you seem to get that with any of the lines until they do a make-over.