MITSUGIRLY decides to CONQUEST new ports-complete pictorial review

mitsugirly

Before long, we were served our complimentary "lunch":

P4140020%20copy-M.jpg

We had a lot of screaming kids on this flight and a mom who walked up and down the isle the entire flight, other than when the seat belt signs were on during take off and landing of course. I don't think I had ever seen anyone do that before.

As I was looking at the SW magazine, I noticed this picture/advertisement:

P4140019%20copy-M.jpg

There was one review I did where we got on a SW plane and they pulled Sakari into the cockpit and allowed her to mess with the controls and let me get pictures and I recall some on here talking about how that was "illegal" to do and because of security issues (assuming since 911) that the pilots and staff that allowed this could be fired and their license taken. Well, obviously this must not be the case if they are advertising it. Right?

We safely arrived at the airport and went to retrieve our luggage. I couldn't help but think of the poor people that were doing the same thing as us, not too long ago, and had a shooter come in the doors and open fire, killing several people that were coming in for their cruise from here. I know that one couple was from here in Ohio and it really hit home thinking how this could happen and how such hatred has become the norm in the world these days. It's just so sad. I did notice and increase in security/police officers around this area and outside.

P4140021%20copy-M.jpg

Once we were outside and feeling the warm breeze of Florida rushing around our bodies, I called the hotel for our "complimentary shuttle".

Sakari was busy watching the lizards and taking pictures when she could.

P4140022%20copy-M.jpg

She did a good job on that picture. There's hope for her after all.

IMG_7058-M.png

The van quickly arrived and we were on our way.

P4140039%20copy-M.jpg

Hi Kim! I'm excited to find this review is under way! I plan to keep up as best I can, but we are off to Vegas ourselves on Friday, so I may fall a bit behind now and then. I am really motivated, so I will do the best I can to keep up. ;p

First of all, awesome job getting the Carnival gift cards using your points! I never get enough points to get anything like a free cruise. Hopefully, this will allow you to cruise more often, and that will mean more reviews for us to read! Yes, a bit selfish of me, but your reviews are fun reading! R

Next, congratulations on buying a house! Looks like your son is really enjoying demo day! It must have been exciting to come home from your cruise to see all the work he your son did while you were gone.

Now, let's get on with the show! I can't wait to hear about your cruise, especially Aruba and Curacao since they are both on the next itinerary that we will be sailing. I also can't wait to hear your scuba stories, both you and Sam, and, of course, Sakari! :cool:

Love your reviews!

I had the same situation on my last cruise. Hubby and I just got a new home right before my cruise on the Getaway. My mind was spinning on what needed to be done when I got back. After a while I settled in and enjoyed my Haven Suite and had a blast!

woohoo!

:D

Yay! Your reviews are like going on a mini cruise- plus I have a son (will be 8 by our cruise time in Aug) and daughter (9), so seeing Sakari makes me happy as well. She seems like such a sweet girl. And boy can she swim- my poor son can't even float, but we have swimming lessons lined up. She LITERALLY is a mermaid!

Aww, thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoy them. Yippee for the swim lessons. :)

Woohoo!! Following along for the ride (again ;p)

LOL, I like the "again" part. :hearteyes:

Yay! I was just thinking last week that you had this cruise coming up!

Yep, sure did. I can't believe people remember these things about me. I can't even remember what I did yesterday. ;p

Can't wait to see what you have!!! I'll be living through every review until our cruise in 2019!!!

2019!! Wow, I would die waiting that long but if I did...reading reviews is definitely what I would be doing. :)

It's finally here! Another awesome MITSUGIRLY review :D:D:D

Aww thanks!

So excited for the review we sail in August on the Conquest and is our first time on Carnival ! It's our 8yr old and 4 yr olds first cruise !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh how exciting for the munchkins and their first cruise. For you sake, I hope they don't become an addict like Sakari. She's already asking when the next cruise is. :rolleyes: spoiled rotten I tell ya.

Can't wait to read about the Conquest and places you visited.

Thanks.

Looking forward to this as well!!!

Thanks

Following! I love your reviews, they have helped me make excursion decisions. We did LFK in January based off of your review and it was fantastic, so thanks! :D

Aww, so glad they have helped you out in the past. LFK is amazing. Did you know they have a bunch of new babies born there? So cute.

Yes! The southern route is one of my favorites.

Welcome home and thanks in advance for all the time you will be putting in to this review. We board the Magic in 17 days, so this will give me something to look forward to before and after we get home (since knowing how detailed you are - I know this won't be done before I leave!). :)

Thanks for the comments. I hope to get on the Magic some day. I love that class of ships.

woohoo!! love your reviews. can't wait to read the rest

Why thank you so much.

WOO HOO.. I'm so excited to read this. I love all your reviews but the Carnival ones are my favorite as I can relate more. Thanks for all you do!

Thanks and glad you love the reviews. It makes it nice when you can relate to a certain line.

Looking forward to reading your review ��

Thank you

Yay! Love your reviews, and we'll be on the Conquest Halloween cruise. :)

NICE! I have always wanted to do a Halloween cruise. I think it would be so much fun!

Looking forward to your review and your photos, especially of your Scuba experiences. :)

Thanks and coming right up.

I too enjoy your Carnival reviews since that is the line we cruise the most often. My hubby and I were on Conquest then Glory. Basically same ship but we liked the Conquest better. It's weird how you can go on the same style ship back to back but like the layout and feel of the one over the other?

Also, I bought my 7 yr old granddaughter a "swim tail" for xmas (after seeing how adorbs it is in your posts) and she is SO excited to try it out on our OBX family trip in June!

Oh how exciting!!! I hope she loves the swim tail. It takes awhile to get use to swimming in them and it doesn't feel "normal", so watch her carefully when she first tries it out. Both myself and my older daughter tried it out on our PR cruise last year and I had no idea how hard it was to swim like that (and how uncoordinated we both are). lol

LOL...love the swim tail but as I have a boy it was not going to work out for us! We will be at the OBX in June as well (wk of June 10th (I think it is the 10th) so I will be looking for swim tails at the beach :D!

Cant wait for this review, love Mitsugirly reviews, its been a while!

Hey now...they make boy merman tails too! You don't know how many times both Sakari and I have been asked by boys and moms if they make them for boys...and they do! :D

Another member of the Mitsugirly fan club following this latest adventure! I am actually re reading one of your previous reviews to get some excursion ideas for ports of call for our January, 2018 cruise.

Hiya Karen! Good to have you here. I hope you are able to find some ideas for excursions for your 2018 cruise.

Looking forward to your review! We have sailed the Conquest several times, most recently this past November. Great ship!

Thanks and glad you are here.

Yay! Another great review to help pass the time until we sail in exactly 100 days!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

100 days will fly by and before you know it, it will be sailaway time.

The crew on Conquest when we sailed were tops.

:)

Welcome to the review both of you.

Woo Hoo!!!! I've been waiting very patiently for this one......:'):'):')

Ehhhhh, who am I kidding? I've been checking daily since Monday......lol

Cannot wait for you to start.

Welcome back!!!!

LOL, you sound like me when I'm stalking something and waiting...refresh, refresh, search, search. :')

Yay! Another awesome review is on the way! I'm so excited to follow along. I was on the Conquest in September 2015 (my first Carnival cruise) and absolutely loved it! I would love to go on another Carnival cruise. Thank you so much for taking the time to do this review!

Sounds like you need another Carnival cruise! :D