Drinks outside of Yacht Club

rjuray

"Summer" 2017 we are told. Some say from May-June ?
I was on the phone with customer service at MSC. I asked the woman to check with her supervisor and she did. April 2017. Yacht Club Member will get free drinks throughout the ship. Edited by rjuray

I was on the phone with customer service at MSC. I asked the woman to check with her supervisor and she did. April 2017. Yacht Club Member will get free drinks throughout the ship.

Do we have specifics on which kind of drinks? For example, is it only the drinks they feature in the YC, or is it ALL drinks, including premium brands, not just "call" liquors.

Do we have specifics on which kind of drinks? For example, is it only the drinks they feature in the YC, or is it ALL drinks, including premium brands, not just "call" liquors.
I did not specifically ask that. I suggest that you could call Customer Services and ask but this is all very new and not all staff was aware.

It would be my hope that it would be premium since being Yacht Club Member is a high-class category but that is just my guess.

They started it on the Splendida on the Dec 18th cruise so I had it for my b2b dec 18th and dec 25.

It was only the drinks that are included in the allagrissimo package, not the premium package. I'm not sure if this is the only ship that they started it on.

they might be using Splendida as a test ship.

Lois

I would think that what ever I can drink in YC (without paying for the extra) would be included throughout the whole ship.

Well yes, this will be happening soon. But I am talking about once that new is implemented (YC passengers being able to drink what they can for free in the YC throughout the ship.) What I am asking is if you want drinks that are not available in the YC, can you just pay the difference to upgrade to the all you can drink everything package?

^^^^^^^^

HIghly doubt that. No one know that here, anyway.

I'm sure someone within MSC did a business plan showing how much it cost to serve well liquor throughout the ship for YC cabins. That was probably a much debated spreadsheet expense in and of itself.

Well yes, this will be happening soon. But I am talking about once that new is implemented (YC passengers being able to drink what they can for free in the YC throughout the ship.) What I am asking is if you want drinks that are not available in the YC, can you just pay the difference to upgrade to the all you can drink everything package?

I wouldn't think so. We just paid for the 'premium' drinks if we wanted them. No discounts. Even with drink vouchers you cannot pay the difference you have to pay the whole cost of the premium drink.

That being said, MSC are not a rip-off when it comes to drink prices. A LOT cheaper than Sydney Hotels, and certainly a lot cheaper than western Europe!! For instance in my local bar a Johnnie Walker Blue Label is $28 for a 33cl shot.

I wouldn't think so. We just paid for the 'premium' drinks if we wanted them. No discounts. Even with drink vouchers you cannot pay the difference you have to pay the whole cost of the premium drink.

That being said, MSC are not a rip-off when it comes to drink prices. A LOT cheaper than Sydney Hotels, and certainly a lot cheaper than western Europe!! For instance in my local bar a Johnnie Walker Blue Label is $28 for a 33cl shot.

are you sure it's $28 per 33cl?

33cl = 330ml (0.6 pints , over half a pint)

We are sailing next month before they implement the changes. We are debating between buying two coupons booklets each OR buying a full drink package for outside the YC. I know most evenings, we will want to explore the ship and bounce around through the different venues and activities. With cocktails in hand, lol. I don't see us needing more than a few drink coupons a day. He would rather not have to worry about it.

I know ultimately it's up to us and our budget, but is it common for people in the YC to buy a drink package, as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday I booked an Aurea suite (all YC rooms were booked) on the TA Seaside from Venice to Miami. I was told that all drinks up to $8 were included. I thought $8 sounded very low but he said that most drinks on MSC are $8 or lower. Since this will be our first time on MSC I have nothing to compare to. I'm hoping that this is basically an all-inclusive beverage package. I know that we don't qualify for the YC but this goes (apparently) for all beverages on the ship outside of the YC.

Yesterday I booked an Aurea suite (all YC rooms were booked) on the TA Seaside from Venice to Miami. I was told that all drinks up to $8 were included. I thought $8 sounded very low but he said that most drinks on MSC are $8 or lower. Since this will be our first time on MSC I have nothing to compare to. I'm hoping that this is basically an all-inclusive beverage package. I know that we don't qualify for the YC but this goes (apparently) for all beverages on the ship outside of the YC.

Sounds like you bought the basic all drink inclusive package. Do you know how much the premium one was? The premium includes most drinks up to $14 or $16.

Di you find the premium drink package worth it on MSC? We always get it on NCL and RCI.

I almost always get the premium package on MSC - except when in YC. There are services included with the premium that are already available when in YC such as included mini-bar and room service menu items. It's a great value package when not in YC.

......... but is it common for people in the YC to buy a drink package, as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say not, though we always bought the basic all-inclusive when in YC as we spend our evenings in the bars and lounges outside of the enclave and couldn't imagine having to go back and forth to YC every time we needed a refill. Now that it's been extended to the rest of the ship we won't have to worry about that.

I almost always get the premium package on MSC - except when in YC. There are services included with the premium that are already available when in YC such as included mini-bar and room service menu items. It's a great value package when not in YC.

Wow from your cruise list I must say you ae an MSC expert. This is an exciting new ship to see. And a new line for us. We are not married to any one line. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Carribean, Celebrity and have a Princess and MSC booked. I think Carnival is fun and the staff is the friendliest. The Royal Carribean is good, full of families, Did not really like the Quantum though- too many lines and reservations needed. Celebrity is great. adult, less kids. Really nice. Can you describe the atmosphere of the MC line? Is it going to be overly formal? :)

Wow from your cruise list I must say you ae an MSC expert. This is an exciting new ship to see. And a new line for us. We are not married to any one line. We have sailed Carnival, Royal Carribean, Celebrity and have a Princess and MSC booked. I think Carnival is fun and the staff is the friendliest. The Royal Carribean is good, full of families, Did not really like the Quantum though- too many lines and reservations needed. Celebrity is great. adult, less kids. Really nice. Can you describe the atmosphere of the MC line? Is it going to be overly formal? :)

I can't speak for MSC cruises emanating from the US as I haven't experienced them. IMHO, it's not formal at all - formal wear is not compulsory on Gala nights - though shorts and wife-beaters are prohibited from the dining room at dinner. The Seaside looks like it's going to be an awesome ship and there's nothing in the current fleet to compare it to, so, until it's launched and reviews become available, it's difficult to say how the onboard vibe is going to be.

For the record, I tried a cruise on Celebrity Millenium and didn't enjoy the onboard experience at all. I enjoy the evening entertainment in the various bars & lounges on MSC ships and which I found sorely lacking on Celebrity. I also find the crew and staff far friendlier on MSC than I did on X.

I can't speak for MSC cruises emanating from the US as I haven't experienced them. IMHO, it's not formal at all - formal wear is not compulsory on Gala nights - though shorts and wife-beaters are prohibited from the dining room at dinner. The Seaside looks like it's going to be an awesome ship and there's nothing in the current fleet to compare it to, so, until it's launched and reviews become available, it's difficult to say how the onboard vibe is going to be.

For the record, I tried a cruise on Celebrity Millenium and didn't enjoy the onboard experience at all. I enjoy the evening entertainment in the various bars & lounges on MSC ships and which I found sorely lacking on Celebrity. I also find the crew and staff far friendlier on MSC than I did on X.

Well That is why we try a lot of different lines! I really look forward to the MSC Seaside!