Ordering in Jacques

jabrown40

Really, I'm not a glutton. But the menu in Jacques is fantastic, and I would like to try more than one appetizer. Is it frowned upon to order a couple of appetizers and then an entrée? Or is it pretty much a one appetizer, salad, entrée, course type dinner? What is your experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Order as much as you like. Not remotely an issue

CaveAt. If you are sharing a table your table mates won't get their main courses until you have been served all you appetizers. You can remedy that with your server. Two appetizers not a problem. Three plus delays everyone's meal

If both of you want multiple choices maybe share an appy or ask for a smaller size portion

depending on the items

I usually ask for a small portion of the Pumpkin soup if I ate the whole portion I would not have room for the dessert :D

No plans to waste food. I hate that, unless it's something I just don't like. Love the idea of smaller portions, or maybe we'll share the entree. Thanks!

IMO it will be hard to find something at Jacques that you would not like :D.

My personal favorites are:

Foie Gras pate (+ sautéed foie gras - alas no longer available)

Crab salad

Lobster Thermidore

The best Iberico pork chop ever

..just to name a few.

Enjoy!

IMO it will be hard to find something at Jacques that you would not like :D.

My personal favorites are:

Foie Gras pate (+ sautéed foie gras - alas no longer available)

!

The seared Foie Gras was available nightly on the Jacques menu in early April - it was fabulous!

In my experience the portion sizes at Jacques are big (too big).

We never have a problem getting a table for two.

Your right...the Lobster Newburg is a massive affair,....However the same is true of Toscana with its massive starch pasta/ stuff

No problem ordering as much (or as little) as you wish. I only hope that you will eat all (or most of) the food you order - then it's OK. I don't like wasting food.

Total agree with Paul...eat what you take and only take what you will eat, more is not always better. Remember, on board, if you share a table you will have lots more chances to come back to most restaurants.. YOU can come back. Ordering too much will cloud your appreciation of the other meal not to mention your ability to taste... Your not like Cronsky ( famous french glutton)

Multiple this or that, is a reminder of those mass market passengers focused to eat their fare, I recall on Celebrity my table mates ordered 4 to 5 lobster tails each, Beef Wellington, 2 appetizers, and 3 deserts....each!!!! They took bites from each item and 3/4 was thrown away.... ...pretty low class behavior.... I want all I can get mentality. It was disgusting to see Never saw that sort on O....

Really, I'm not a glutton. But the menu in Jacques is fantastic, and I would like to try more than one appetizer. Is it frowned upon to order a couple of appetizers and then an entrée? Or is it pretty much a one appetizer, salad, entrée, course type dinner? What is your experience?

I once couldn't decide between two yummy appetizers and asked our waiter which would he chose and I ordered that one. He came back with both. And I ate both (and my entree and my dessert).

Just a thought.... in terms of gastronomic appreciation, dishes, from Appetizer to Entree to Desert and usually organized in an ascending and complimentary fashion so that each dish/taste will be a compliment to the last and preparation for the next Just as wine paring is done.... each building on the prior experience in an ascending series of quality.

Less can be more...as you savor and appreciate the character of each.

Some things go better in an order appropriate to the diners menu choices Not everything works with everything else...

Except in tasting menus which are 2 to 3 bites, And as said, you can come back several times and try other combinations it doesn't have to be everything you want the first time you see it...:confused: