Is this common with disco on all of the fleet?

kcdancerkc

we were on the CB in March. Loved the ABC islands. Ship was good even right before dry dock.

What we didn't love, was that after sailing many lines, we were surprised at the club calling for last call at 1:30 am. Even HAL kept us dancing till 3 or so!

We are in our 50s, but dancing to pop music is what we love.:hearteyes:

Is this just a thing for this ship, or the fleet?

Wanting to know for future cruises :cool:

Thanks!

we were on the CB in March. Loved the ABC islands. Ship was good even right before dry dock.

What we didn't love, was that after sailing many lines, we were surprised at the club calling for last call at 1:30 am. Even HAL kept us dancing till 3 or so!

Thanks!

Pretty much the whole fleet.

Princess had the oldest clientele of all the cruise lines & it's difficult to keep people up that late. ;p

Thanks!

It very much depends on how many people are still in the club dancing and drinking etc before they call "last call". If it's a handful of people, last call can come earlier, while if there's 20 or more it will come later. On our last CB sailings, the club wasn't shutting down until after 3am, while the cruise after that on Island, music was done by 12:30. Follow that with Royal, where Club 6 was rocking till 4 or 5am.... Depends very much on the crowds, and on your cruise director staff/DJ... There's no single norm for when the clubs shut down.

Enjoy your future said.

Do you meant the oldest clientele?

I believe what's been posted here by a reliable source.

It must be true then!

P.S. A few days ago, I posted the Emerald Princess had a cover pool. ;p

That nuts, we have only observed all ages on all of our Princess cruises. Lots of families. we have also sailed a lot of Carnival ships too and i can also say if the club is slow they also shut it down.

Same experience here with Princess it all depends on how big the crowd is after midnight. We have had last call at 12:30 and on some not before 3 or 4AM.

Sea ya

Eric

So true. The times we sail there earnest that many younger couples which leads to early shutdowns. If you travel during spring break it's probably a completely different situation....which we avoid like the plague. :cool:

Princess had the oldest clientele of all the cruise lines & it's difficult to keep people up that late. ;p

Wow... on the couple of HAL cruises I've taken, the ship was dead after 10pm. I've never experienced that on Princess ships...

Wow... on the couple of HAL cruises I've taken, the ship was dead after 10pm. I've never experienced that on Princess ships...

It all depends on the age bracket you experience on your particular cruise. Our trips are usually with the older bracket & dancing at 2-3 PM in not their style for the most part. The CD usually announces that the disco will be open tonight after the main show & it's typical to hear only a few people in the audience clap.

It all depends on the age bracket you experience on your particular cruise. Our trips are usually with the older bracket & dancing at 2-3 PM in not their style for the most part. The CD usually announces that the disco will be open tonight after the main show & it's typical to hear only a few people in the audience clap.

It also depends on the itinerary. People tend to stay up later on the night before a sea day than on the night before an early port day.

I would agree with you.....in the many cruises we have been on Princess passengers are in the same age category basically as HAL passengers.....the reason the ships can be dead after 10:00 PM is because many of the passengers are getting near death and I include myself in that category....but the the loyalist here are going to argue that 70 is the new 60.....no....it is just plain OLD...:halo: