Pizza in Sun Princess???

Cruiserkenn

No pizza on the whole ship??? Don't Austrailians love their pizza? Cannot imagine giving up pizza for Mr. Stones crispy pork belly.

It's hard to imagine cruising without pizza.

Maybe Downunder they prefer shrimp on the barbie to pizza? :p

Edited by Astro Flyer

Their pizzeria used to be top notch. So sad to hear it is gone :(

If the pizzeria was like on the Dawn back in 2000 they had more options than even the current multi course Alfredo's Pizzeria menu.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Maybe Downunder they prefer shrimp on the barbie to pizza? :p

Actually if we want decent aussie seafood,we would need to take out a small bank-loan to enjoy it.Unless (a) you live in a major city and have access to a fish-monger.(b) Are in the top-end of AUS,in the middle of a prawn season.

Most of the best product is exported overseas,where we then are reduced to buying inferior seafood which has been imported to Australia.

I:E,Prawns from the S#!* Ponds in Vietnam,Thailand,or hake from New Zealand,or again Basa,which is Mekong River Catfish,Barramundi from,you guessed it Thailand.

We do have excellent oysters though.

We can also buy excellent Atlantic Salmon,(farmed),yes farmed.

Avaliable also is by-product like fish-wings esp Snapper,or fish heads.

Chemically smoked cod,where from who would know.

Mussels so small you need a 10 kgs to make a meal.

Scallops which in some instances are just stamped sting-ray flaps,or

amazingly same size scallops,no variation what so ever.

Here is an example,last time at supermarket,on offer, GUMMY SHARK $38 a kilo,yes Shark at $38 a kilo.

Most seafood is snap-frozen even the crap.

So all is not well in the seafood industry in Australia.

But to answer your question,we love our Pizza down-under,but we would never put shrimp on Barbie,we much prefer to dress her in nice plastic shoes,pretty dresses and jewellery.

If we can afford it we would chuck a Prawn on the B-B-Q;):eek::):)

Edited by mrs and mrs
spelling stupidity

If we can afford it we would chuck a Prawn on the B-B-Q;):eek:

What? Are you telling me that all of those advertisements with Paul Hogan in 1984 saying he'd be "throwing a shrimp on the barbie for ya" if we came to Australia aren't true? :p

Next thing you'll tell me is that "Fosters is Australian for beer" is also wrong?? ;)

Aussie friends have told me that Fosters is their "last choice for Australian beer" and now you're saying that "shrimp on the barbie" is also false. :D

Advertising agencies making inaccurate statements...I'm shocked!!! LOL :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

Ya wouldn't wash ya dog in fosters.

The last time I saw fosters was last night on Rizzoli and Isles,a lit fosters sign at the crooked robber pub.

Hoges should be thrown on the B-B-Q.

And isn't Barbie pretty.

I think its the crooked robber,could be the bent robber,something like that,Detective Vince Kousack owns it.

Edited by mrs and mrs
Weirdness.

If the pizzeria was like on the Dawn back in 2000 they had more options than even the current multi course Alfredo's Pizzeria menu.

Pizza menu on the dawn 2016 was reduced from my memory of a sun cruise in 2009. However still brillant.

The sun class are on the way out. Still a wonderful cruise however dawn is already sold. I assume sea and sun will follow aswell. Aslong as pizza remains on the grand and royal class its safe to say pizza will be available for us in the future

What? Are you telling me that all of those advertisements with Paul Hogan in 1984 saying he'd be "throwing a shrimp on the barbie for ya" if we came to Australia aren't true? :p

Next thing you'll tell me is that "Fosters is Australian for beer" is also wrong?? ;)

Aussie friends have told me that Fosters is their "last choice for Australian beer" and now you're saying that "shrimp on the barbie" is also false. :D

Advertising agencies making inaccurate statements...I'm shocked!!! LOL :D

I think I had a can of Fosters once. My dad carted beer for over 50 years, probably at most half a dozen cartons a week, really no one drinks it.

But I've never BBQd seafood, demolished tons of fish,mprawns and Oysters in my day but never BBQd.

I grew up on a lake that in those days had more fish than you could jump over, cooked plenty over an open fire or at home. Oysters... We could walk around knocking off the rocks and eating fresh.

That's why we sell it to the POMs.

Do we actually sell it as beer,or is it sold as draino,then repackaged as beer overseas:confused:

Not to sure on that one.

Is there some contra trade agreement going on.That we don't know about.;)

I do wish you would keep on topic PIZZA

Edited by mrs and mrs
repremanding fellow poster

Do we actually sell it as beer,or is it sold as draino,then repackaged as beer overseas:confused:

Not to sure on that one.

Is there some contra trade agreement going on.That we don't know about.;)

I do wish you would keep on topic PIZZA

Last cruise they would even put pineapple on me Pizza, now

Ham

Pineapple

Bacon and

Prawns

That's the pizza for me.

Last cruise they would even put pineapple on me Pizza, now

Ham

Pineapple

Bacon and

Prawns

That's the pizza for me.

Need I remind you,that we are on the main princess forums,not back at the farm.Lets mind our P's and Q's PPaaaaaleease.

Its SHRIMPS not PRAWNS.

As Hoges would say.;);)

Need I remind you,that we are on the main princess forums,not back at the farm.Lets mind our P's and Q's PPaaaaaleease.

Its SHRIMPS not PRAWNS.

As Hoges would say.;);)

Nope. Always was prawns, always will be prawns.

I loved the pizzeria menu on the Sun Class ships. I wished they used that menu for Alfredos!

Some new cruisers have no idea how cool this pizzeria was.

I had a feeling that there was some pizza available by the slice up on deck where the burger and hotdogs were (Terrace?) but I may be mistaken. I didn't really look that hard. The best pizza IMO is a traditional thin crust tomato and basil as is served in Italy. None of this ham or heaven forbid, pineapple!:)

In terms of seafood, the supermarkets do have frozen prawns and fish from Asia but larger ones and the fish markets have the Australian product. IIRC fish is snap chilled when at sea - common in most places for commercial catches. For NSW and ACT almost all fish goes through the Sydney Fish markets (wholesale and retail) and Australian fish is readily available.